Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Score for Newcastle v Norwich

I''ll love it if we beat them, love it.Especially after spending about 4 light years on cabbage to get there.

@morty PEDANT ALERT a light year is a measure of distance, not time. Spending four light years on the club cabbage would just be four years. Your ''years'' may vary in length, of course, (due to relativity) based on the speed of travel or the mass of objects you pass.

As for the score....

We can win this. My feeling is that if we score, we win. Even if they take the lead, if we get a goal their heads will drop. I''m going to say 2-0 City.

Before the previous International break we were poor & lost to Southampton.Next game we bounced back, played well & won.Before last weeks International break we were poor & lost to Leciester.Therefore, even though it''s on Sky & a Sunday, I''ll go for another bounce back, a good performance, a clean sheet & two goals.

If we get through the first half then the natives will be restless, and if we take the lead then St James Park may implode in one of those Geordie black holes of despair.

2-1 Norwich.

We will likely lose 2-1, and all the ignorants claiming we have made "a good start" to the campaign will finally understand we are drawn into the relegation mire and never made "a good start".

Lose to Newcastle, and we can look forward to a tough run of fixtures, having picked up 9 points from 9 matces in an "easy" run of fixtures as we will ever get at this level.

Oh, and Newcastles winning goal will likely be another joint defensive mistake by Martin and Whittaker.

For me, anything but a loss in Newcastle is a bonus. We always lose there.

If Newcastle have a misfiring African striker (Cisse) he is sure to find his scoring touch against us, of all teams, due to the mighty defensive prowess of Russel Martin.

Rant over. Time to breathe.

And all you unemployed smartasses, recovering from you binge drinking last night, don''t even bother answering to this post.

[quote user="grefstad"]We will likely lose 2-1, and all the ignorants claiming we have made "a good start" to the campaign will finally understand we are drawn into the relegation mire and never made "a good start".

Lose to Newcastle, and we can look forward to a tough run of fixtures, having picked up 9 points from 9 matces in an "easy" run of fixtures as we will ever get at this level.

Oh, and Newcastles winning goal will likely be another joint defensive mistake by Martin and Whittaker.

If Newcastle have a misfiring African striker (Cisse) he is sure to find his scoring touch against us, of all teams, due to the mighty defensive prowess of Russel Martin.

And all you unemployed smartasses, recovering from you binge drinking last night, don''t even bother answering to this post.[/quote]You ever wonder why you get grief here?

Grefstad, you really are an odious character - let''s hope the ''unemployed binge drinkers'' on this forum can wake from their hangovers comfortable in the fact that they actually have genuine reason to support NCFC - what are you even doing here?!.

2-2 I reckon, I refuse to predict wins on here as it always backfires!. Martin and Whits to get the goals...

See those winter blues have already well and truly kicked in, Grefstad.

Hopeful of an away win, but think it could be a score draw.

I see a 1-1, but feel that if any team grabs all three points it is slightly more likely to be us.

I take into account our away record under AN.

I just hope that the game is free from controversy of the refereeing kind, or at least of the anti-Norwich refereeing kind.

It is to be noted that in all our three defeats so far this season the officials have played a part in making things harder for us.

The Simon Hooper performance needs no repeating, Whittaker''s sending off at Southampton was considered soft, as was the penalty against Leicester.

Not excuse making here, Whitts was stupid and Bassong was out-witted somewhat, but we could do without anything like the above being repeated in our dis-favour this afternoon. Something in our favour might be nice.

[quote user="grefstad"]We will likely lose 2-1, and all the ignorants claiming we have made "a good start" to the campaign will finally understand we are drawn into the relegation mire and never made "a good start".

And all you unemployed smartasses, recovering from you binge drinking last night, don''t even bother answering to this post.[/quote]I resent being called names on a Sunday, and for the record I''m not unemployed and I didn''t have a drink last night.If breathing is an effort for you, perhaps you should consider stopping...................  Up yours matey, City to win and Martin to score from a Whits assist.[:P]

We will score for sure. Newcastle don''t have the skill to contain us,but I reckon they will have some fight so I''ll say a 2:2 draw.

I think this is a weird game. It''s set up as a "must win" for Newcastle but we are no pushovers these days.

I sounds stupid but I think it will depend who gets the second goal here. Assuming we can''t keep a clean sheet, of course, which I think is a safe assumption.

If we score the second goal to equalise or go two up I think we''ll win. If they do, I think they''ll win.

I''d like to see us play a Middlesbro play off final type of game - really go at them straight away to knock them off their stride and get the game won in the first 20 minutes. However, assuming they come at us, we have to keep them at 1-0 to half time, after which they will get very nervous.

As long as we keep 11 on the pitch and don''t concede stupid penalties we should be OK.

After all that I think we will come from behind and end up winning 3-2.

So, may some of you morons now realise I have a point? Can''t run, can''t track back, can''t defend, easy money on my bets. Seen this for 30yrs. When a team needs a lift of spirits, NCFC rolls into town to surrender pathetically, and there you go.

Fair play to grefstad, I never expected us to throw the game away by conceding so many goals. Alex Neil has been taught a lesson by a manager and team that many on here had written off.

[quote user="grefstad"]So, may some of you morons now realise I have a point? Can''t run, can''t track back, can''t defend, easy money on my bets. Seen this for 30yrs. When a team needs a lift of spirits, NCFC rolls into town to surrender pathetically, and there you go.[/quote]

If these last 30 years following us have been so pathetic for you, then may I kindly advise you f*** off and start following Rosenberg you f***ing k***.

Well, I missed the scoreline completely, but the game turned out exactly as feared. Energyless, turn up without competing, giving the game away to Newcastle, and to top it up, AN pick the wrong team and makes wrong subs.

Could not be much worse, to be fair.

After 10 mins you could see the game was not right for us. Players were jogging around. Amazed that AN does not address this properly.

Dorrans and Howson has had a lot of chances now, and Dorrans have failed to impress quite often. Howson seems out of form, and with little energy.

Brady probably better as left back than left mid these days, as Olsson really is poor at defending, but did his crossing well. However, won´t blame AN for that left side setup.

I will blame AN for leaving Wes out in a game we should control possession wise. We did control possession anyway (56/44), but Wes could do more with the ball than Dorrans/Howson.