Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

alex neil showing his inexperience

Don''t be silly, we were losing and needed to chase the game. The shitty defence takes 100% of the blame today. Absolutely pathetic effort!

[quote user="iron_stan"]taking tettey off for hoolahan when we were running the game like that is complete naivety[/quote]It was a poor decision for a substitution.

i agree the defence isnt good enough but when youre absolutely stone cold bossing a game like that you dont change anything, newcastle werent even in it until alex changed it, it was the wrong change at the wrong time

Tettey was awful again today. Although he''s our defensive shield, he was hardly shielding the defence was he? We''d conceded 3 dreadful goals at that stage.

[quote user="iron_stan"]when youre absolutely stone cold bossing a game like that you dont change anything, newcastle werent even in it until alex changed it[/quote]

uh Newcastle were still winning 3-2, i think that qualifies as "in it".

i dont disagree clint but the system is arguably more important than the player, we were hammering them, the minute he came off we had NO cover at all, some cover is better than nonewrong player, wrong change, bad call, we looked like we could get on even terms until the substitution

6-2 against the bottom of the league team!!!

[quote user="tired"][quote user="iron_stan"]when youre absolutely stone cold bossing a game like that you dont change anything, newcastle werent even in it until alex changed it[/quote]

uh Newcastle were still winning 3-2, i think that qualifies as "in it".[/quote]again, are you even watching it??? we were dominating them, even the sky sports presenters couldnt believe the stats

I agree the taking Tettey off was a mistake even if he wasnt having a good game he was at least physically putting himself about. The back four have been woeful but the rest of midfield have looked totally disinterested in standing up to Newcastle physically. Played like weaklings all round today, hopefully just bad day at the office, it shows the gap if our players are not 100% committed which to be fair under AN has not really been a problem often.

Easy in hindsight though isnt it? The thinking was probably that we were dominating and Wes would have turned the screw. I think dorrans was more expendable than Tettey though.

I agree, we were well on top and had already been hit on the counter three times. We take off our DM and get hit three more times with no attempt to stop it.

Saying we needed more strikers and attacking midfielders is naive. Wes should have come on like for like with Howson.

We''re just so incredibly lethargic at the start. I''m beginning to worry a bit about Neil''s motivational skills.

And Dorrans or Howson needed to come off for Wes. God knows what the O''Neil sub. was about.

[quote user="TetteysJig"]Easy in hindsight though isnt it? The thinking was probably that we were dominating and Wes would have turned the screw. I think dorrans was more expendable than Tettey though.[/quote]given his form i would have through jarvis for howson, brady or redmond would have been more sensible, not taking off a defensive mid for an attacking mid at a time when we having our most dominant period of the gameyou dont take defense off for attack when youre dominating and theres only 1 goal in it!

To be honest the whole team was shat. Mbokani played ok, Redmond ok, Brady ok and Olsson going forwards. Other than that it was woeful. CM''s all looked lightweight today.

Tettey was solid but Dorrans was missing the entire game, why not make that change? Was a very strange change at a time we were on top.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]To be honest the whole team was shat. Mbokani played ok, Redmond ok, Brady ok and Olsson going forwards. Other than that it was woeful. CM''s all looked lightweight today.[/quote]im not disagreeing we were woeful in the first half but it was a pivotal point in the game, and the managers choice screwed it up

Yes, AN''s inexperience/naivete IS now costing us, but it''s wrong to focus particularly on the Tettey substitution because the problem has been evident for several games now. The balance between attack and defence is the issue. It''s no good heaping blame on the back four when they are left so exposed by those in front of them.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]To be honest the whole team was shat. Mbokani played ok, Redmond ok, Brady ok and Olsson going forwards. Other than that it was woeful. CM''s all looked lightweight today.[/quote]

Agree with that, but even those apart from Mbokani looked uninterested in doing the dirty side of the game. We lost today because we weren''t aggressive or determined enough to win the ball in every instance and in every area of the pitch apart from those involving Mbokani.

For once iron-stan has called it right. Alex punched a big hole in an already leaky defence.

Have to agree with Stan.  I agree the criticism of the substitution''s with hindsight, also nobody''s said it yet, but Hoolahan was woeful.

What about Dorrans? Wes was no worse than anyone else, just a bad day, but that''s two on the bounce with Leicester.

We''re getting done far to easily on the counter-attack.Tettey''s removal only highlighted how exposed the team is without a shielding, defensive midfielder.If you take him off and bring on Wes, then you have to then limit the amount of players you commit up-field, the full-backs especially.As for AN''s inexperience, yes, it is a factor.  But the players have to take responsibility once they cross the line. How may challenges were going in when Newcastle were breaking? Zero.  They backed off, time and time again, and let them pick their passes.

Agree that Neil cost us today. Hoolahan for howson or Dorrans and we don''t lose that 6-2.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]When''s Mulumbu back?[/quote]Might be a whole lot sooner now!

[quote user="Indy"]What about Dorrans? Wes was no worse than anyone else, just a bad day, but that''s two on the bounce with Leicester.[/quote]We were all over them until that substitution Indy.  So you can make of that what you will.  Don''t think you can honestly say that Hoolahan was no worse than those who up until then were more than holding their own and were on top.  Dorrans was fine alonside Tettey.  Wes was total carp.[:)]