Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Team v newcastle

Wrong substitution should have taken Dorrans off for hoolahan

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]I stick by my finish of 19th. Awful defense will relegate us. Ridiculously soft.[/quote]
Yep I''m sticking with my original prediction of relegation, our defence is fucking awful and January will be far to late to fix anything.

How can we let in 5 against Newcastle?

At least this will ensure that we do actually buy some good defenders with the money we have.

I''m sick of seeing whittaker start every game, not that any of them have showered themselves in glory.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Game over, how is he unmarked on the 18 yard line?[/quote]

Martin ran away from him

That''s what happens when you try and play this way, but 4 or 5 players just aren''t up for breaking a sweat.

Forwards have been clever but none of the midfield have even worked half as hard as they should have.

Second game in a row we''ve been beaten by a hungrier team who wanted it more

Your shocking defending is my lack of numbers. Again Bassong had to be in two places at once and couldn''t do it. Shocking tactics?

Bottom of the league, not won a game and we let them score at will.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Your shocking defending is my lack of numbers. Again Bassong had to be in two places at once and couldn''t do it. Shocking tactics?[/quote]

The 4th wasn''t lack of numbers . It was Martin not following the man

Quite so Making Plans. I''ve learnt now not to expect. It''s taken decades!

Never seen so much ball watching in our defence rather than the other teams players. It''s Champs / League 1 quality really. Seen lots of this kind of defending

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Your shocking defending is my lack of numbers. Again Bassong had to be in two places at once and couldn''t do it. Shocking tactics?[/quote]Yes, Nigel, shocking tactics.

[quote user="Hairy Kenneth"]Still 20 minute plus stoppage time for us to get the 4 we need![/quote]Are you Jas''s alter ego? [:|]

It''s annoying that we obviously have goals in us, but a leaky championship defense was never upgraded. Now the tough games to come. We should''ve had more points by now.

Our defending is an embarrassment. It would be poor for a Sunday League side let alone the premiership. I dread what Machester City, Chelsea and Arsenal are going to do to us over the next five games. Vital we get three points against West Brom next week as we will need them. We look good going forward but at the back, oh dear.

The good news is we''ll be holding onto AN for a bit longer if we keep giving performances like this.

[quote user="Strawman"][quote user="Hairy Kenneth"]Still 20 minute plus stoppage time for us to get the 4 we need![/quote]Are you Jas''s alter ego? [:|][/quote]

No it was a joke-hence the emoji

We have had most of the game this second half ...arguably played the better football. But just so terribly vulnerable at the back. Such a shame. Could be the difference in a relegation season or not. Defence is being found out

There''s no need to panic yet but Alex Neil has some issues he needs to sort out fast.

Firstly we''re consistently slow starters, I don''t know why, but he might have to do a bit more to get them fired up pre match

We haven''t worked anywhere near hard enough off the ball this year either. We pressed and worked tirelessly to get the ball back and close players down last year, we''ve lost this side of our game and need to get it back very soon as our tactical approach relies on it

Ruddy needs a word in his ear, he''s not commanded his box well enough for such a big guy, when he first came here that was one of his best attributes and he needs to improve his bravery and decision making again

If Brady and Redmond are linking with the full back in attack then one of our CAM''s has to hold back and cover, I don''t see much benefit to having 8 men forwards instead of 7, especially if it keeps costing us on the counter

Apart from that we look a good side, those problems are fixable and now we''ll get to see how good AN really is!

We''d looked the better team in the second half, quite compact and dangerous. Not sure we needed to bring we at that point as it was still only 3-2