Sign in to follow this  
Well b back

Team v newcastle

Mental game. Both team have no interest whatsoever in defending, trying to get the ball back or staying with their man. It''s been exiting a 3-2 in the first half is crazy, but I''m pulling my hair out, particually at us

This is all I heard during Lambert''s PL season. Then we got Hughton. You can''t have it both ways. We had 7 players forward when they broke and scored. But Redmond just got us back. The likes of JF used to say they wouldn''t mind if we had a go. So suck it up and get behind the boys.

Merely a consolation, there is no way we will win this game. looking like it will finish 7-5 at this rate though.

Great finish. Are there two worse defences in this league or even the championship

[quote user="paul moy"]Hoolahan NOW !!!!!![/quote]isn''t going to solve the problem....Olsson off, Brady at Left back, Dorrans on the wing.or Tettey off and O''neill on as it needs someone to steady the ship.if we weren''t creating chances I''d agree.. but we are.. Wes offers nothing defensively and the gap would only get bigger.

Neither team can defend for toffee but both teams look strong going forwards. Gonna be at least 10 goals in this.

At least we''re being clinical for once....

If we continue to leave players unmarked in front of goal we will continue to concede goals at the rate we currently are. It is asking so much of the team to have to score three goals a game to have a realistic chance of winning.

Today it''s a question of which team has the worst defence. Currently too close to call.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Neither team can defend for toffee but both teams look strong going forwards. Gonna be at least 10 goals in this.

At least we''re being clinical for once....[/quote]
Exceptionally poor defending, can''t see either side staying up in the long run.

More bull from nutty Nigel. Whatever the set up of the game doesn''t dictate basic defensive errors, there just not pl quality defenders I''m afraid

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Olsson off,[/quote]are you even watching the game? hes been our best attacking player, assisted both goals!

im going to amend my 4-4, im going for a 6-6 draw

you cant say its not entertaining

shocking basic defending, no tracking runners, dangling feet in, no strength, air shots on clearances, powder puff tackling. I wouldnt want to be our players going in a half time to AN. Thats one of the worst defensive displays I''ve seen in awhile.

A worry for me is attacks down the right side. Whittaker has looked out of sorts today and the back pair not imposing themselves at all. Olsson has been good

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]Olsson off,[/quote]are you even watching the game? hes been our best attacking player, assisted both goals!

im going to amend my 4-4, im going for a 6-6 draw

you cant say its not entertaining[/quote]yes I am and equally he''s cost us 3 goals too!!!move him up onto the wing and drop Brady back

a better idea would have been to spend 20 million in the summer on a new rb and new cb ;)

see this out until half time and then regroup for second half, no changes other than maybe giving them a booolacking for the defending

Heres the thing JF. If we commit 7 players forward and lose the ball then wwe will be short at the back. That is not errors, its lack of numbers.

We''re losing this match in the middle. Dorrans and Tettey have been poor so far, allowing to much time on the ball leading to the goals.