Sign in to follow this  
coachkemp

For those who think lafferty is intelligent and worthy of a place...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12010/10027078/how-did-your-premier-league-players-fare-on-international-dutyScroll down to the video of Lafferty...I rest my case.

[quote user="coachkemp"]http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12010/10027078/how-did-your-premier-league-players-fare-on-international-duty

Scroll down to the video of Lafferty...I rest my case.
[/quote]

If your case is that you don''t recognise when someone''s joking then, yes you can rest it.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="coachkemp"]http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12010/10027078/how-did-your-premier-league-players-fare-on-international-dutyScroll down to the video of Lafferty...I rest my case. [/quote]

If your case is that you don''t recognise when someone''s joking then, yes you can rest it.

[/quote]my case is that he is just a moron. A serious question in relation to what is a massive achievement for N.I and that is his response...

It looks like this could be a serious problem for you, I prescribe tickles, twice a day until you cheer up and stop being such a grumpypants.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

It looks like this could be a serious problem for you, I prescribe tickles, twice a day until you cheer up and stop being such a grumpypants.

[/quote]Kinky * that shop is very naughty!

Would have been funnier if he had managed to keep a straight face all the way through. He seems to have a thing about not treating reporters/interviews seriously, maybe due to bad experience with the media in the past, or maybe just because it is an opportunity to joke around.   Nothing wrong with it, reporters may be just doing their job, but acting the fool is one way of dealing with inane questions from the media.

There are quite a few footballers who are thick as mince.

Doesn''t matter really, does it?

[quote user="OldRobert"]He''s having a laugh FFs what''s up with you? [:$][/quote]This.And some more.[url]https://youtu.be/xU-xlUz5Np0[/url]

One way or another our Kyle is endearing himself to us City fans.

Pity that he''s not quite up to it at Premier League level.

Cash in, say I.

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="OldRobert"]He''s having a laugh FFs what''s up with you? [:$][/quote]This.And some more.[url]https://youtu.be/xU-xlUz5Np0[/url][/quote]Coachkemp mustn''t see that Herman..................[;)]

A refreshing change from the usual interviews with dull as ditchwater responses to mind-numbingly unimaginative questions.

There''s no comedians out there with intelligence then?! I think it''s good to see Laff enjoying his moment as a footballer, any dick can act like Michael Owen and fleece the game for every penny whilst doing their best Alan Shearer impression.

Life''s for living, respect to the man and shows a burning creativity to bring smiles to people.

Personally, I don''t have a problem with it. It was funny and reflects the confidence of a man riding on the crest of wave, that success with your country brings. Obviously, we don''t see what goes on at Colney but his cameo against (an admittedly depleted) West Brom was impressive and his attitude looks first class. Both for Norwich and Northern Ireland.

Sadly, I don''t think Kyle is the answer. To be the answer and get the games he will want before next summer, he has to be significantly better than any of Jerome, Mbokani or Grabban, which I personally don''t think he is. Realistically one of him or Hooper you would think will depart in January.

I just think a serious question about what is a very good time for NI and the Euros next year deserved a proper answer, that and also I am hardly endeared to his willingness/speed at talking to the media about particularly his situation here (saying about probably wanting to leave, saying he hasn''t had the opportunity all after wanting to "stay and fight") when he should either be quietly seeking the move or getting his head down and working rather than trying to create divisions that polarise fan,team-mate and even coaches view points. He is trying to turn himself in to a media darling and really I think his focus should be on the pitch where he isn''t quite as innovative and clever...

[quote user="coachkemp"]I just think a serious question about what is a very good time for NI and the Euros next year deserved a proper answer, that and also I am hardly endeared to his willingness/speed at talking to the media about particularly his situation here (saying about probably wanting to leave, saying he hasn''t had the opportunity all after wanting to "stay and fight") when he should either be quietly seeking the move or getting his head down and working rather than trying to create divisions that polarise fan,team-mate and even coaches view points. He is trying to turn himself in to a media darling and really I think his focus should be on the pitch where he isn''t quite as innovative and clever... [/quote]

The guy is just being honest ffs.  He is clearly trying hard to get in the team reckoning, but is just saying what is obvious - at 28 and with a big international tournament looming - he needs games.  If he starts getting them here, all well and good, but if he doesn''t, it will be in his interests and ours, to move him on. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="coachkemp"]I just think a serious question about what is a very good time for NI and the Euros next year deserved a proper answer, that and also I am hardly endeared to his willingness/speed at talking to the media about particularly his situation here (saying about probably wanting to leave, saying he hasn''t had the opportunity all after wanting to "stay and fight") when he should either be quietly seeking the move or getting his head down and working rather than trying to create divisions that polarise fan,team-mate and even coaches view points. He is trying to turn himself in to a media darling and really I think his focus should be on the pitch where he isn''t quite as innovative and clever... [/quote]

The guy is just being honest ffs.  He is clearly trying hard to get in the team reckoning, but is just saying what is obvious - at 28 and with a big international tournament looming - he needs games.  If he starts getting them here, all well and good, but if he doesn''t, it will be in his interests and ours, to move him on.  [/quote]As Lakey says, he''s just being honest for heaven''s sake.  I don''t understand you problem coachkemp, with a little bit of Irish humour.  Media darling?  For goodness sake lighten up.....................[:S]

Your perception is that he is trying to get into the team, the way I am reading it is that he is perceiving himself to be the victim and that he is not getting the opportunity he deserves..some fans will either agree/disagree with whether he does. But the way I see it is that he is one of the few players who has been very quick to speak to the media about his situation to try and force issue with either game time or a move. As far as I can see he has taken it to the point where AN has had questions to answer about Lafferty''s future into and beyond January. I take exception to players complaining about their situation to the media (and no he isn''t the first ot ever do it) as I feel that players should get their head down and work and a resolution will become apparent that way (much like grabban has had to take his pennance). I just don''t find him a particularly clever player with the media.

The problem is he needs to keep his international career alive - what use is he to us, and what good does it do him if he''s not even making the bench?

Surely it''s wrong to advocate a sense where paying a player to do ''nothing'' is a sensible option, and yes players should be asking questions at the manager - that''s what a manager wants from his bench/reserves.

AN is paid to manage/control that, it''s not just about match day you do realise?! Keeping players fit, interested and ready to step in to the first team at a moments notice is a huge part of the management game.