Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Future

Sorry to say can''t see a bright future for Alex ,the inexperience is showing . My thoughts on the rest of the season are that we will always be in bottom five ,will go down and Alex will do a peter Grant and leave before end of season to return to scotland .

[quote user="silvester"]Sorry to say can''t see a bright future for Alex ,the inexperience is showing . My thoughts on the rest of the season are that we will always be in bottom five ,will go down and Alex will do a peter Grant and leave before end of season to return to scotland .[/quote]I bet the long winter evenings just fly by in your house.

So after one disappointing setback he''s useless then and all that''s gone before is worthless.Funny how it always comes back to that word "inexperience".Nobody said this was going to be easy but he won''t be giving up yet and neither will I or the vast majority of supporters.Don''t worry, he''ll be fine.

Mbokani is a big plus.

The return of Mulumbu is another, along with the possible emergence of Vladis.

Even the Geordie hammering will be a plus, in a way, if the penny has finally dropped that the defence needs strengthening big-time in January and if the matter is now to be addressed as vital.

The way we attacked and were very much taking the game to Newcastle for the period before Tettey was subbed has to be viewed positively as well.

The woes of Villa, Bournemouth, Sunderland and possibly soon Watford have to be pleasing, whilst I am not particularly convinced that McClaren''s side have turned the corner, despite Sunday.

It was a (very) bad day at the office for us, starting with a Brady pile driver hitting a post and a decisive tug on Martin''s shirt in the area and ending with an outstanding, yet deflected, shot which brought about a slightly unfair scoreline.

How''s that?

Oh! And Alex Neal will have learned, as he has done before.

Besides, I would never in a million years compare him in any way with the hapless, but likeable, Peter Grant.

Chalk and cheese.

If he hasn''t learned anything from Sunday''s debacle then you may be right but I''d rather give him the time that he deserves. Childish flip-flopping whenever we get a bad result will not help the club.

Herman wrote the following post at 20/10/2015 6:34 AM:

If he hasn''t learned anything from Sunday''s debacle then you may be right but I''d rather give him the time that he deserves. Childish flip-flopping whenever we get a bad result will not help the club.

Yes indeed Herman.

It amazes me that anyone who has even the slightest knowledge of our manager can think that he will not learn from his experience. He has a lot to learn and I expect him to do so.😄

The problem comes with so many on here saying we will finish a comfortable 14th or higher at the start of the season.

Some on here could see that without a couple improvements in defence it would be a long hard season.

The issue is that we have to rely on defenders coming back to defend, with Redmond and Wes including Howson to a degree these are all players who love to play going forward, so to have to rely on our current back four alone will only lead to conceding 3 goal a game average.

The solution will be to drop Redders then play Tettey / Mulumbu as holding protecting midfielders with Howson on the left midfield, this will no doubt lead to us being a lot more solid, but then criticism of not getting enough bodies into the box!

Maybe adjust to a 4-4-2 and start with Jerome & Mbakani up top and lump the ball forward? Who wants that right!

Yes we have a solid squad but it''s never any better than bottom 6 and it will take luck, good manager and players concentration for full 90 to get enough pionts.

AN has enough about him to drag this squad above the bottom 3 this season I have no doubt, but it''s going to be tough.