Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Its not the end of the world!

Yes we had a poor game against Newcastle - most teams have them from time to time.

We have had many nightmare games in the past and will have plenty in future but so will every single team in the premier league.

Completely agree.But now its about how we pick ourselves up and play against West Brom.Lose against them and I think you will see some very nervous people on here.

Dave,agreed not quite the end of world. But I do think your post,well intended,does water the problems down a tad.

It sounds like these "poor" games happen a couple of times a

season. In reality we''ve been p..s poor in three games already.

1/Southampton.the worst of all IMO,were you there?.

2/Leicester,despite cries of dodgy ref''s and cheating players,we were easily second best.

3/Newcastle,we made them look good.

So,agree with your sentiments. But please don''t make it sound

like an occasional thing.

I''m usually a glass half-full kind of person, but I must admit I am starting to get concerns about relegation for the first time this season after the Newcastle performance and result. After a fairly bright start (albeit fewer points than we ''deserved'') it is beginning to feel as though we are losing our way. I am far from being a pant-wetter or a Board-basher and I know there is a long way to go yet, another transfer window to endure/enjoy and anything can happen (see Leicester last season, Sunderland the season before that), but I am feeling less upbeat than I was a month ago.

Hopefully a welcome three points at the weekend will rekindle my optimism!!

Its not the end of the world, but you can see it, just over the next defeat....... I do fear we could get the first ever poster to throw themselves in the North Sea with a big weight if we lose on Saturday.

Reality is we will lose some games by larger margins than we would like (Southampton and Newcastle being case in point) it will all come down to how Sir Alex adapts to his new world of the PL, and I certainly don''t doubt he will come good, and also am fully accepting that in life the only place you normally only ever get "experience before success" is in the dictionary, and our manager has already shown enough tenacity to show that he will work on the weakness''s of his own and those of his players, and every defeat will hurt him more than he will ever show us, I think those that attend matches regularly will have seen enough to want to stick with him and realise its not the end of the world, in fact while not quite top of the world, lets celebrate we have a young ambitious manager whose team will play to win, and as a result will take the odd hammering along the way !

What''s the worst that''s going to happen ? is the world really going to end if we get relegated ? will anyone die as a result ? will any poster look to drown themselves in the North Sea ? be disappointed but don''t let it take over your life.....