Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Grant Holt

[quote user="TIL 1010"]At the ''Tales From The City'' book launch last night when quizzed by Simon Thomas on the rumour he confirmed to an audience of about three hundred that the Holt family are moving to Norwich. Holty stated that he is not hanging his boots up just yet and there is nothing more to read into it.[/quote]

That''s great news. I know he loves his home city of Carlisle, but the quieter Norfolk lifestyle must have won him over.  Better for his kids to grow up in Norfolk than Cubria imo.  Carlisle has improved in recent years, but dosn''t hold a candle to Norwich. 

Someone asked Holty in the Q&A if the move meant he might be doing something with us but he said not to read anything into that and his priorities were, for now, to keep playing. But not at Wigan it would seem. He certainly doesn''t seem to have much time for Uwe Rosler, so cant see him at Leeds!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Someone asked Holty in the Q&A if the move meant he might be doing something with us but he said not to read anything into that and his priorities were, for now, to keep playing. But not at Wigan it would seem. He certainly doesn''t seem to have much time for Uwe Rosler, so cant see him at Leeds![/quote]

There''s a championship club that could do with a striker about an hour and a half down the road from Upton................

If he''s moving to Norfolk and he wants to keep playing at a lower level them there''s only one conclusion..............................................HE''S SIGNING FOR 1P5WICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, someone mentioned Ipswich, the look on his face and the very uncomplimentary remark he made about them suggests that may not be an option!

Peterborough a possibility I guess.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"]At the ''Tales From The City'' book launch last night when quizzed by Simon Thomas on the rumour he confirmed to an audience of about three hundred that the Holt family are moving to Norwich. Holty stated that he is not hanging his boots up just yet and there is nothing more to read into it.[/quote]

That''s great news. I know he loves his home city of Carlisle, but the quieter Norfolk lifestyle must have won him over.  Better for his kids to grow up in Norfolk than Cubria imo.  Carlisle has improved in recent years, but dosn''t hold a candle to Norwich. 

[/quote]Carlisle is hardly a throbbing metropolis but on the odd occasion I''ve visited it seemed pleasant enough and even more set in it''s ways than Norwich.Much smaller and not on the same level but apart from the weather there are worse places to live.

I''ll always be pleased for the heroes of NCFC once they move on.

When I heard about Holts injury I thought with his age he''d never play again, but its great he''s back, fit and getting some time.

That being said there are other players I couldn''t care less for...

Holt is always going to be welcome in Norwich and IF he does move this way I don''t blame him, its a great place for families as it''s friendly, quiet but has everything you could need.

...more importantly he is guaranteed a free drink if he fancies a cheap night out round here, heck i''d even buy his kids and wife one if i saw them out!! :)

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Carlisle is hardly a throbbing metropolis but on the odd occasion I''ve visited it seemed pleasant enough and even more set in it''s ways than Norwich.  Much smaller and not on the same level but apart from the weather there are worse places to live.[/quote]It has it''s good parts, I''ll agree - and the people on the whole friendly, but walking around Carlisle centre has no comparison to Norwich imo,  because apart from the market square, there isn''t much else.

Hey Johnny Stump: You got the wrong Mr Holt when you mentioned Upton. Mrs H brings their youngest lad to Acle Utd YFC each Saturday where I coach one of the age groups. Dad is Gary Holt - not Grant.