Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

After Sunday...

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Also nice to see Elliot Bennet getting one over his old mate Hooton as Bristol City 1-0 up at H/T against Brighton.[/quote]Playing right back too.  Getting valuable expeience in that position and if he has a future at CR it must be at right back, given all the other wide players we already have.

He should have been given 3 or 4 games here at right back - don''t know what you''ve got until it''s gone & he wouldn''t have been worse than Whittaker

[quote user="Making Plans"]He should have been given 3 or 4 games here at right back - don''t know what you''ve got until it''s gone & he wouldn''t have been worse than Whittaker[/quote]He''s only on loan and could come back the finished article after playing week in week out in that position.

[quote user="lake district canary"]He''s only on loan and could come back the finished article after playing week in week out in that position.[/quote]Yes I know that LDC but my point is that he could have played week in week out here. I think one of our big problems is that we don''t have enough faith in our younger players and we ship them out rather than give them a try here

Bennett will never be a Premiership right back, last season proved the difference between the two leagues how we dominated every game and rarely put under pressure

[quote user="daly"]Bennett will never be a Premiership right back, last season proved the difference between the two leagues how we dominated every game and rarely put under pressure[/quote]Agree with this, he may make the switch at Championship level, but unlikely at Premiership level.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="lake district canary"]He''s only on loan and could come back the finished article after playing week in week out in that position.[/quote]Yes I know that LDC but my point is that he could have played week in week out here. I think one of our big problems is that we don''t have enough faith in our younger players and we ship them out rather than give them a try here[/quote]

Elliot Bennett is 26. He''s a great asset to any club because he has a brilliant attitude. If he was good enough he''d be playing. I wish he was good enough. But he''s nowhere near as good as Whittaker at right back.

[quote user="Earl of the Carra"]And a well known pinkun poster is having his fun under the Paul Lambert thread i see[/quote]Ipswich Crazy??

[quote user="Making Plans"]He should have been given 3 or 4 games here at right back - don''t know what you''ve got until it''s gone & he wouldn''t have been worse than Whittaker[/quote]

This exactly. Why couldn''t Alex see this???