Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

You stupid Posters!.

Francis in secret meetings with Charlton, oops sorry, he''s now going to Portsmouth, he laughed at City and us at Fulham. Oh yes, I heard em'' all on here from you stupid posters.

There was a handful of us, thats  right, a bloody handful of us, defending him, and saying your stupid rumours were just that, stupid rumours!.

But Oh no, you''d rather believe some half baked, fifth hand rumour. Well Worthy has just said in today''s EDP, that Francis isn''t going nowhere, and no offers have been received for him. So shut it, and support Damo, starting at Dereham tonight!.

He had done nothing wrong, and yet you''ve slagged him rotten, yes, I know who you all are!.

Now grovel and apologise to him!.

Worthy''s bound to defend his players in the press. It''s the way it works. If he comes out and says Damien Francis will definately leave City before the start of the season it also knocks the price down.

I would like Damo to stay but this smacks of Worthy trying to push his price up. I expect him to be gone before the start of the season.

Wrong again 1st wizard !!! Norwich have received offers for him but not enough for Norwich to accept due to his long contract at the club !!!

Its will be a nice bonus if he does stay and i for one will love him to stay.

Everyone is moaning about Worthy not buying at the moment and how short of players we are , But in the next topic everyone is moaning about him not giving our younger players a chance on the field ( one or the other please ) , you will find that he has great confidence in the young ones breaking into the first team in the last 2 seasons.

Norwich are and will be the team everyone will want to beat this season , with our current squad that we have got already.

[quote]I would like Damo to stay but this smacks of Worthy trying to push his price up. I expect him to be gone before the start of the season.[/quote]

Jeez, I give up Saint.

Hell, no I don''t. Francis will stay!.

I personally am confused about how I feel about Francis. Half of me hopes he stays, and repeats some of his good performances, the other half just wants him to ''sod off'' following his latter part of the season displays (especially against Fulham). I also fear that his goals masked average displays and he just isn''t as good as many think.

Francis has done nothing to counter all the bad press. No explanation of why he was so poor against Fulham, no word to counter what his agent has been saying. If he gets stick from fans, he fully deserves it. Frankly his Fulham performance was disgusting and I think we deserve an explanation. The reason there has been so much speculation over Francis is because we all are trying to understand why he played so badly (not just technique, his effort was nonexistent). We have all seen players disappear in games, but never that spectacularly in such a key game. The rumours about his imminent departure fitted all we saw from his attitude on the pitch, thats why so many believed. If its not the case, what the hell WAS the reason?

Wiz, why do you defend Francis so much when you attacked Green? In my eyes, Greeno has never stated he wants to go, he said that newspaper stories linking him with other clubs were untrue, and he has never gone missing in games. Greeno was distraught when we got relegated, Francis was laughing.

Francis was a hero at Christmas, its his fault he isn''t now NOT ''stupid posters''.

[quote]I personally am confused about how I feel about Francis. Half of me hopes he stays, and repeats some of his good performances, the other half just wants him to ''sod off'' following his latter part of t...[/quote]

Green as reported in EDP. ''I may have to leave City''. This was related to his ''England'' chances.

Francis: Nothing!. Ergo, why I attacked Green, Putney.

come on people you should all know by now that Wiz only criticises Worthy and his fellow supporters, all tounge in cheek of course     He also loves to play the "I told you so" card at every given opportunity

I like the way Francis''s own agent saying he is leaving has been interpreted as fifth hand news as well

Agreed, time to get behind the guy. Trouble is if you knew the real reason behind his startling lack of form at the tail end of last season you wouldn''t be in such a hurry to slag the guy off.
There were personal problems that would affect anyone, no matter who or what their profession, so lets hope he stays and repeats the form that we all know he has. he is a guaranteed ten/twelve goal a season man in the Championship, which will be invaluble from midfield.

the biggest digs on here regard francis was his attitude last season not whether he wanted to stay with us this season.if he starts the season off the way he finished last season he will be on the bench for most of the season.lets just hope if he stays we get the francis of old.that i would be glad about.

I keep hearing about Francis'' attitude and his going ''missing'' in games, and yes, it has happened. But I don''t think it''s half as bad as some on here make out.

The Fulham game is a particularly bad example - for one thing nobody in the side turned up that day, and secondly Francis had to carry Holt for 2/3 of the game.

And if we''re going to talk about people going ''missing'' in games, can I also point you in the direction of David Bentley, Craig Fleming, Thomas Helveg and Gary Holt - with the exception of Bentley, all far more experienced senior pros than Francis.

When someone quits, or goes public in saying they want to quit, by all means lay into them if it makes you feel better.

But until then, a wise man keeps his gob shut.

[quote]Agreed, time to get behind the guy. Trouble is if you knew the real reason behind his startling lack of form at the tail end of last season you wouldn''t be in such a hurry to slag the guy off. There ...[/quote]

Trouble is if you knew the real reason behind his startling lack of form at the tail end of last season you wouldn''t be in such a hurry to slag the guy off.
There were personal problems that would affect anyone, no matter who or what their profession

Obviously you know something that I don''t and frankly, I don''t want to know.  There are some things which should remain private.

The fact is that Damo was great early on and faded badly towards the end of the season.  He showed bravery in returning to play as soon as possible after a painful injury.  You don''t wear a a mask unless there is a risk of damage and if there is a risk of damage then you are brave to play.  No dispute there.

If Damo wants to go then let him go for the right fee but if he wants to stay and commit himself to FCR then it is time for all fans to be grown up and move on.  

Bygones should be bygones.  

We should judge Damo only on what he does from 6th August.  Holt and Fleming''s great service has not spared them from justified criticism as their powers have faded and any defaults of last season ( not persuaded personally but I can respect the views of those who feel very let down and there is certainly some evidence to support that feeling)  should not remove Damo from justified praise and support

If Damo stays we should judge him on his performances and support him if his performances deserve it.

Vendettas are not going to help him and are not going to get City promotion.  Fulham happened.  We must all get over it and move on if Damo stays and performs. 

[quote]I keep hearing about Francis'' attitude and his going ''missing'' in games, and yes, it has happened. But I don''t think it''s half as bad as some on here make out. The Fulham game is a particularly bad e...[/quote]

Did you attend many games last season.Most of the knockers on here dont just mean the fulham game there was a awfull lot of other matches he didnt turn up for. if as i said in my thread francis has got his head sorted out then ime all for him.cant stand players with attitude is not any good to anybody.     

I have to say that i have supported Francis consistently up until a few days ago when his agent started talking.

Players must now realise the agents should only do their talking in meetings. They shouldn''t be doing their talking in public about wanting to leave (or likely to leave) and then expect the same respect from the fans.

Either Francis or his Agent have made a major balls up ith those comments in my eyes. I would love to see him stay as ithink he would rip apart midfields/ defences in the championship but his agent has left a sour taste in my mouth recently.

Francis and his agent (who seem to be a collective ''one'') have acted very professionally throughout the summer and are now obviously getting nervous because of a lack of ''action'' which leads me to believe they have been expecting Premiership interest from the last day of the season.

The best move for everyone involved now is for Francis to distance himself from the comments made by his agent and sack him!!!!!

PLayers should have the balls to stand up forwhat they believe in and not get their agents to air their apparent grievances publicly.

Having said all of that i fully expect Francis to be a premiership player by xmas. And whilst he is still a Norwich player i will still cheer him but that doesn''t stop me feeling disappointed by his apparent desire to leave.

[quote]Did you attend many games last season.Most of the knockers on here dont just mean the fulham game there was a awfull lot of other matches he didnt turn up for. if as i said in my thread francis has go...[/quote]

Yes.

Did you ?

I''m still waiting for one of you anti Francis lot, to apologise properly to him on here.

He has been found not guilty in my eyes of all your stupid rumours ( although I never doubted him anyway) so grovel.

His agent is another matter entirely, save your verbal abuse for him, not Damo!.

[quote]I''m still waiting for one of you anti Francis lot, to apologise properly to him on here. He has been found not guilty in my eyes of all your stupid rumours ( although I never doubted him anyway) so g...[/quote]

Well I for one won''t,towards the end of the season his attitude was to say the least "questionable",and as for his agent if I payed someone to look after my interests and was saying and doing things in my name that I dissagreed with I''d be bloody quick to put matters right......the silence from Francis is bloody deafening.....draw your own conclusions.

Ha! Apologise for WHAT Wiz? The rumours gained credence because we were trying to rationalise his drop in performance. It seems like the rumours about his imminent move to Fulham / Charlton were wrong, but maybe another rumour about his personal life (which I presume Ian Saunders refers to, but I won''t repeat) might be the correct one. Whatever - the rumours aren''t the important thing, his dreadful performances were, for which only he can be blamed.

And as nolegs points out, don''t forget his agent is working on Damo''s behalf. Damo can easily tell him to shut up, but hasn''t.

CambridgeCanary has the right attitude, and if Francis stays and performs well, he will regain that ''hero'' status that he was so close to, but threw away with some terrible performances (whatever the reason). He deserves the stick he has received, but if he is back to his old self he will be forgiven.

[quote]I''m still waiting for one of you anti Francis lot, to apologise properly to him on here. He has been found not guilty in my eyes of all your stupid rumours ( although I never doubted him anyway) so g...[/quote]

Apologise to someone who, by his lack of effort and desire in the 2nd half of the season, cost the club dearly?  Somone who has no passion for our club?  Who, through his agent, is trying to engineer a move?

Yeah right.

Still waiting for his words or committment to the club - oh sorry, forgot, they will come when (if) he realises that no-one else out there wants someone who does not give a toss.

Posted 04/07/2005 14:15
Forum Member
Supreme Being

Group: Forum Members
Active: Today @ 15:26

Any one player who''s efforts on behalf of his club fall to the level that Francis sank to in his latter turn outs, should be ashamed of his input.

That he was rumoured to be looking for another club and giving such poor displays, is strange to say the least.  If I were a manager looking for a player to buy, I would certainly find that his displays were not giving me the sort of message that he would make a reliable investment.  There is no place for tantrums in a mans game.

He has great tallent but IMHO he could well do with a character transplant. He showed delight in the result at Fulham, and his display may well have rubbed off on one or two others.

Copied and reprinted for your benefit wiz! My comments after witnessing a poor display among others, by yours truely above.  No way will I apologise for those truely held opinions!! I saw with my own eyes what went on and was disgusted with his input. My remarks remain as above.  I don''t deal in drivel or waffle as you are given to do, I write it as I see it, and having re-read it I''m even more convinced that I am right.  If Mr Francis remains with us through the year and does what is capable of; diligently, he might just get a "well done out of me".  Apology!!! oh no!!

[quote]Well I for one won''t,towards the end of the season his attitude was to say the least "questionable",and as for his agent if I payed someone to look after my interests and was saying and doing things i...[/quote]

Tick Tock 1st Whiz,Tick Tock !!

[quote]Tick Tock 1st Whiz,Tick Tock !![/quote]

Eh?.

Listen no legs, produce evidence against Francis, or be quiet.

You can''t can you?, maybe you should consider changing your name to no answer!. 

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.

[quote]Eh?. Listen no legs, produce evidence against Francis, or be quiet. You can''t can you?, maybe you should consider changing your name to no answer!. Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.[/quote]

read your own post...something like save the abuse for his agent...then read mine again,once again I will reiterate ,francis'' agent is being paid to do a job,if he is doing something that francis doesn''t agree with why does he not say...once again the silence is bloody deafening!!