Sign in to follow this  
grefstad

Vadis closer to the team?

Surely VOO must get a look in now.

Howson and Dorran have both been poor in recent weeks, and VOO is up to full match fitness having played well at Rotherham.

He came back, wanting to fight for his place, and if AN does not give him his chance now, on the back of 2 poor performances by both Howson and Dorrans, it will be a travesty imho.

AN needs to create proper competition for places. He can start by giving VOO a look-in, and perhaps also give Wisdom a few more chances at RB.

It is classic Pink ''Un logic that the players who don''t play will always get better when the players who do play don''t play as well as they have played before.
Don''t ask me to explain it.
See also: Becchio.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]It is classic Pink ''Un logic that the players who don''t play will always get better when the players who do play don''t play as well as they have played before.
Don''t ask me to explain it.
See also: Becchio.
[/quote]

So why do you want a squad, with your logic? Only to cover for injuries? Not create competition for places?

Ofcourse we need to change it when player are not delivering. Not doing so is bordering on naivity.

I would agree to a large extent. We''ve been too lightweight in central midfield even though we set up on the defensive side, ie Tettey, Dorrans and Howson in the middle and no Hoolahan, so we should never have got that drubbing before Tettey was taken off.

I think it was a mistake to take Tettey off, as he protected the back four more than the other two did. However, Tettey''s distribution was poor and needs to improve.

Ofoe appears to be an all rounder, who has strength and stamina to get up and back. He can tackle and score and with neither Howson or Dorrans playing that well, I''d like to see him at the very least considered and given a place on the bench. Mulumbu is probably a week or two away from being put straight in.

I would have either Wisdom or Bennett in central defence in place of Martin who could revert to right back. Bassong remains our best central defender just. Olsson had a good game down the left, making 2 goals, although he may have been at fault for one of the goals. Whittaker was as usual at fault for at least one goal where he should have got in front of their striker who was allowed to head it in. Ruddy should have saved at least two of the goals.

Changes have to be made, as it''s not fair on those who are waiting in the wings. If players don''t perform, they should be dropped.

My team to play WBA........

Rudd

Martin or Wisdom, Bennett, Bassong, Olsson

Tettey

Ofoe

Redmond. Hoolahan. Brady

Mbokani

Subs. Ruddy, Martin or Wisdom, Jarvis, Mulumbu, Howson, Lafferty, Jerome.

I''d also give Redmond a kicking, as I believe he can do so much more and should be doing much more. He has the pace but doesn''t use it. Why? I haven''t a clue.

Newcastle were made to look like world beaters and they are far from that. Heaven help us if we play like that against Man City, Arsenal or Man U.

I think the return of Mulumbu will be of more significance then Vadiz

Mulumbu will be a certain starter, when fit. Noone is arguing on that matter.

But until Mulumbu is fit, something has to be done, and Vadis surely deserves a chance now. If he does not get it now, when will he ever get a chance?

Vadis is behind Howson, Dorrans, Tettey and Mulumbu (when fit), but he needs a chance to show what he can do, and now is that chance, as Dorrans/Howson have not exactly covered themselves in glory in the last few games.

He''s also behind O'' Neill, which is a puzzle.

Vladis cost a bit and came with some pedigree and promise.

With injuries behind him, and an obvious desire to get in on the act, we might well have an ace up our sleeves there.

He looks the part.

I would presume Vadis hasn''t shown enough in training to offer an improvement on what we have already. He can''t get ahead of O''Neil, who whilst experienced, is fairly limited. 
Suggests we probably shouldn''t pin any hope on Vadis being any good.

Well the party line has been that he has not been up to fitness levels following his very long lay-off.

He has been free of the injury for some time and has had a brief loan out to get some match fitness, when he apparently impressed.

Now is about the time for him to, hopefully, justify his cost. I would hope that we don''t have another fairly expensive flop on our hands.

I really don''t understand this VOO situation.

When he came to us, on paper he looked fantastic, but no manager has rated him enough to play him?

On Paper he looks as though he should be a Decent Level Prem player but from what we''ve seen (around his injuries) i''m not so sure.

If the Managers don''t rate him there must be a reason.

I''d like him to get his chance and live up to his "potential" but I do question whether he''s the answer to our problems and whether he was a "panic buy" or turning into another Becchio.

Andy G, let''s not forget that on paper Ricky Van Wolfswinkel looked fantastic...

As with Wisdom the manager will see Vadis daily in training-makes you wonder what they are doing to not be starting. He looked good in brief appearances last season-would like to see what he could do in the PL.

[quote user="AJ"]I think the return of Mulumbu will be of more significance then Vadiz[/quote]

I think Mulumbu and Vardis can add some steel and quality to our midfield. It might wake up some to have competition for their places

Neil said in preseason that Vadis needed to work harder when we were out of possession. So unless he''s worked on this part of his game whilst at Rotherham, he''s unlikely to feature.

Whoever plays, however, has to realise that attacking doesn''t have to resemble the Charge of the Light Brigade.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Neil said in preseason that Vadis needed to work harder when we were out of possession. So unless he''s worked on this part of his game whilst at Rotherham, he''s unlikely to feature.

Whoever plays, however, has to realise that attacking doesn''t have to resemble the Charge of the Light Brigade.[/quote]I can think of a few more who need to do that, namely Redmond, Howson and Dorrans for starters................