Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Alex Neil

[quote user="Dave"]We are only 3 points behind what Lambert achieved at the same point in 11-12

Every team has a horrible game from time to time, if we keep getting games like this then worry[/quote]Whilst I agree with what you are saying, what let us down in the relegation season was not taking points off teams around us, and not winning the games we should have been.We haven''t really played any top teams yet (no, I don''t include Liverpool) and I think had we cut out a few mistakes in the games up until now, we could have been 3 or 4 points better off right now.But, as you say, no need for meltdown just yet.

AN is the least of Norwich''s problems at the moment. He will be learning about his players all the time and I would trust him to make any ''big calls'' necessary to progress.

I will be very surprised were he to drop Ruddy. Although no clean sheets so far this season means Ruddy is far from covering himself in glory.

A direct comparison with WBA'' s reserve keeper on Saturday, who has racked up five clean sheets and a high number of ''5 star'' performances so far this season, may clarify Ruddy''s value (or lack of) to the team moving forward.

AN'' s team selection certainly hasn''t been helped by the likes of Howson deciding ''not to turn up'' two games running.

Once Mulumbu is fit i think we can expect to see him and Tettey if front of the back four on a regular basis ..and not just against the ''big'' teams, playing this way would allow us to always have at least one mobile holding midfielder in position at all times. This would leave us a lot less open to Newcastle/Leicester type counter attacks, while still having four ''forward thinking players'' plus one of either Tettey or Mulumbu advancing in support.....a 4231 if you like, and if we''re chasing a game its the simplest of changes to 4132, with the holding mid staying put and two up top.

AN is young, inexperienced and learning but undoubtedly highly talented. He will go on to great things and we will be a stepping stone for him.

He will make mistakes. As long as he doesn''t make the same mistakes twice, I am okay with that.