Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Alex Neil

Don''t think us fans got any worries about losing Alex Neil to a bigger club. Despite his wonders in getting us to the Premiership he is hardly setting the footballing world alight is he. 9 points from 27 and this was supposed to be a favourable run of fixtures at the beginning of the season for the team.

Certainly showed his naivety today, went chasing the game too early when we were in control of the ball and dominating possession....left an already weak defense very exposed and Brolly boy exploited it !

In fact its fair to say experienced managers have seen him for what he is an attack minded manager....hence better prepared teams like today and Leicester previously are happy to let us have the ball run ourselves into trouble and sucker punch us with 3 or 4 quick passes !

But as long as he learns from it we move forward and go again.

With the team we have he''s not doing bad. 16th in the league, could and should be better, but could be worse.

Our back line is Whittaker Martin Bassong Olsson - thats relegation fodder defence, but we also have some really good midfielders and by the looks of it a great striker in Mbokani.

From the mess Adams left us in, outside the play-offs, he deserves to be given the chance this season.

[quote user="im spartacus"]A N worst managerial performance since Brentford at home ! He learned from that one and we never looked back OTBC[/quote]

Yes - he is no fool.  Learning from your mistakes is absolutely what he does - and yesterday was no exception.   As long as he keeps true to himself, we will be ok.  There were a lot of positives there yesterday in terms of possession and attacking - the balance between attack and defence may not have been there, but there are plenty of games to putthat right.

Credit where it''s due he doesn''t hide from his mistakes and came out after the game to admit withdrawing a solid Tettey for Hoolahan was defensive suicide

He will need some experience around him if he is to succeed.

A consultant role from the likes of Neil Warnock, Nigel Worthington etc would do no harm.

Or dare I suggest it the Messiah?

[quote user="Stylish Canary"]He will need some experience around him if he is to succeed.

A consultant role from the likes of Neil Warnock, Nigel Worthington etc would do no harm.

[/quote]Oh yes please!  [Y]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Stylish Canary"]He will need some experience around him if he is to succeed.

[/quote]Oh yes please!  [Y][/quote]I didn''t think it would be too long before you did yet another 180 degree turn but not doing yourself any favours by getting cosy with Waveney.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Stylish Canary"]He will need some experience around him if he is to succeed.

[/quote]Oh yes please!  [Y][/quote]I didn''t think it would be too long before you did yet another 180 degree turn but not doing yourself any favours by getting cosy with Waveney.[/quote]I wasn''t aware I was Til and I''m not calling for AN''s head, far from it, but maybe he does need a older head to aid him.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Stylish Canary"]He will need some experience around him if he is to succeed.

[/quote]Oh yes please!  [Y][/quote]I didn''t think it would be too long before you did yet another 180 degree turn but not doing yourself any favours by getting cosy with Waveney.[/quote]I wasn''t aware I was Til and I''m not calling for AN''s head, far from it, but maybe he does need a older head to aid him.[/quote]Whatever you lot in Lowestoft put in your drink for the umpteenth time it is not going to happen on Bowkett or McNally''s watch.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Stylish Canary"]He will need some experience around him if he is to succeed.

[/quote]Oh yes please!  [Y][/quote]I didn''t think it would be too long before you did yet another 180 degree turn but not doing yourself any favours by getting cosy with Waveney.[/quote]I wasn''t aware I was Til and I''m not calling for AN''s head, far from it, but maybe he does need a older head to aid him.[/quote]Whatever you lot in Lowestoft put in your drink for the umpteenth time it is not going to happen on Bowkett or McNally''s watch.[/quote]Alas I fear you''re right Til.But if Bowkett and McNally''s petty feelings are bigger than whats good for City then God help us!

Wiz I do agree McNally and Bowchump put their egos ahead of the good of the club.

A sad truth if they put the interest of the club first we would have been a upper half premier league team for a number of years now.

[quote user="Stylish Canary"]Wiz I do agree McNally and Bowchump put their egos ahead of the good of the club.

A sad truth if they put the interest of the club first we would have been a upper half premier league team for a number of years now.[/quote]

What a load of botox.

[quote user="Stylish Canary"]Wiz I do agree McNally and Bowchump put their egos ahead of the good of the club.

A sad truth if they put the interest of the club first we would have been a upper half premier league team for a number of years now.[/quote]

Is that the Northern Premier League ?

He''s such an impressive character that sometimes you forget that he''s only 34 years'' old and has only managed 34 games in English football. He''s inevitably going to make some mistakes as a result, as even the most experienced managers do.

He got it wrong yesterday at 3-2 with his substitution. That isn''t me being wise after the event either.. However, he''s been big enough to come out and accept responsibility for that. If you have a manager who''s too stubborn and totally unreceptive to change then you''ve got a problem. That''s not the case here and it''s why I think it is one of many reasons why he''s one of the top managerial prospects in the country.

It''s going to be an uphill battle, particularly with some of the very difficult fixtures we have coming up, but we''ve got to keep backing this guy to the hilt, whatever happens. This club would have been royally shafted without his intervention last season and we shouldn''t forget that.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Stylish Canary"]He will need some experience around him if he is to succeed.

[/quote]Oh yes please!  [Y][/quote]I didn''t think it would be too long before you did yet another 180 degree turn but not doing yourself any favours by getting cosy with Waveney.[/quote]I wasn''t aware I was Til and I''m not calling for AN''s head, far from it, but maybe he does need a older head to aid him.[/quote]Why change your avatar from Alex Neil to Paul Lambert then ?

[quote user="Amsterdam Canary"]Lambert in instead of Neil isn''t a bad shout thinking about it[/quote]Registered today.......First post........It''s just got to be Waveney.

Oh dear, Amsterdam Canary obviously spends too much time in the Coffee Shops 😳😳😳

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Stylish Canary"]He will need some experience around him if he is to succeed.

[/quote]Oh yes please!  [Y][/quote]I didn''t think it would be too long before you did yet another 180 degree turn but not doing yourself any favours by getting cosy with Waveney.[/quote]I wasn''t aware I was Til and I''m not calling for AN''s head, far from it, but maybe he does need a older head to aid him.[/quote]Why change your avatar from Alex Neil to Paul Lambert then ?[/quote]Simply because he''s my all time favorite City manager.

[/quote]Oh yes please!  [Y][/quote]I didn''t think it would be too long before you did yet another 180 degree turn but not doing yourself any favours by getting cosy with Waveney.[/quote]I wasn''t aware I was Til and I''m not calling for AN''s head, far from it, but maybe he does need a older head to aid him.[/quote]Why change your avatar from Alex Neil to Paul Lambert then ?[/quote]Simply because he''s my all time favorite City manager.

Jon Newsome is my favourite Norwich City centre back of all time. It doesn''t mean I want him starting for us against WBA on Saturday.

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]Jon Newsome is my favourite Norwich City centre back of all time. It doesn''t mean I want him starting for us against WBA on Saturday.[/quote]Is he available?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]Jon Newsome is my favourite Norwich City centre back of all time. It doesn''t mean I want him starting for us against WBA on Saturday.[/quote]

Is he available?
[/quote]

AN wanted to buy him in the summer but the Board said no as they wanted to spend the money on heated seats in the directors box.

Unfortunately Morty I don''t think we could agree a severance package from the Prestige Car Company he works for in Sheffield these days. McNally out!

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]Unfortunately Morty I don''t think we could agree a severance package from the Prestige Car Company he works for in Sheffield these days. McNally out![/quote]Agreed. I''ll set off for Carrow road after lunch to start a one man protest. Catch me up, bring a torch.

We are only 3 points behind what Lambert achieved at the same point in 11-12

Every team has a horrible game from time to time, if we keep getting games like this then worry