Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Toffolo

Story on main page about Toffolo going on a month''s loan to Rotherham. A bit taken aback by this decision, surely we need all the defenders we can muster at the moment, either as back up or for the first team. I would have been entirely supportive had Toffolo been given a game.

[quote user="ec-p"]Story on main page about Toffolo going on a month''s loan to Rotherham. A bit taken aback by this decision, surely we need all the defenders we can muster at the moment, either as back up or for the first team. I would have been entirely supportive had Toffolo been given a game.[/quote]I think the lad has a very bright future, but isn''t quite ready yet.And we''re pretty well covered in his position just now.The loan was the right move, I think.

I have to agree to some extent with the OP.

Toffolo isn''t just full of promise, he is a very good player already. While I think he is ready for first team action, I also think that he will get better, regular first team football at championship level will definitely help this and we are quite well covered at left back.

If Toffolo on the other hand was a right back, then we''d be talking about a different kettle of fish.

I think Toffolo will go on to become one of our best, (perhaps our best, even including the Murphy''s) youth team players for many, many a year.

Despite it being the only defensive position we are pretty well covered for, I still think it leaves us rather thin on the ground with only Bennet and Wisdom as the only back up to a very fragile defence.

As it is for only a month we shoukd be able to recall him if needs be. It''s a great chance for him to get some regular first team experience in a higher league then he played before. If he does well he should have a stronger case for getting into the first team here.

Toffolo needs game time and lots of it. He''s played a lot of development games and has improved a massive amount in the past couple of years BUT he''s simply not ready for the Premier League yet. The same goes for the Murphys. Clearly both are shining for their respective clubs at the moment which is exactly what we and they need if they want to break into the first team at any point.

If Toffolo goes away and plays blinders every week then I''m sure he''ll get his chance soon enough. He''s behind Brady and Olsson at the moment, so he''s much better off getting the game time he needs

I don''t understand you, he is 3rd choice at left back, none of our LB'' s could play anywhere else in the back four so it is quite obviously a very good move to get some proper football experience in the championship! It has no or at best very little impact on our lack of cover.

"Bor on Parole"

Friend of mine reckons he has knobbly knees and turned out toes.

There''s no such thing as a Toffolo