Sign in to follow this  
channonswindmill

VOO what does he have to do to get into the team?

He has his fitness level up after being on loan, played well at Rotherham. Howson is going through his annual period of anornimity so why not give the guy a break? Or why ever did we sign this guy. Our transfer policy is so questionable?

[quote user="silvester"]Agreed and why not give lafferty a chance he is our only striker who is on form[/quote]

I assume you''re not including Mbokani with 2 goals in 3 games?

Presumably he has to be a better player than the players being picked ahead of him.
Physically, mentally, tactically.
But, you know, people have different opinions on stuff.
Your opinion might be more valid than our manager''s, his assistant''s and our coaches.
Or maybe it isn''t.
Hmm.
Awkward.

[quote user="channonswindmill"]My point is we signed the player and then don''t play him when others are out of form...its the signing full stop that baffles me...whats the point of a squad that isnt used?[/quote]
The point of a squad is to give the manager options to pick the team that''s best placed to win the next game.
I believe AN did that today, and it didn''t work out.  I trust his judgement.  I don''t think that players who aren''t playing get better by not playing, and I think that players who don''t play are judged as less suited to the end goal than the players who are picked.
In English: if Howson played poorly today then VOO will be nearer a chance, but if VOO was as good as people hope he is, he''d already be playing.

[quote user="channonswindmill"]In English BOR... I am questioning why sign a player that seems never to be ready for the first team..that is my frustration.[/quote]
I don''t know.
Maybe he''s not fit.
Maybe he''s not very good.
Maybe he''s both, but not as good as our other players.