Sign in to follow this  
Thetford Yellow

Paying for our arrogance

We scraped out of the play-offs by the skin of our teeth and failed to add to the squad in the way that Bournemouth and Watford - the two teams that rightly finished above us - did in the Summer because we arrogantly believed that somehow the duffers that got us relegated 2 years ago had somehow become good enough to finish a PL season in mid-table this time around. Laughable, I''m afraid

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]We scraped out of the play-offs by the skin of our teeth and failed to add to the squad in the way that Bournemouth and Watford - the two teams that rightly finished above us - did in the Summer because we arrogantly believed that somehow the duffers that got us relegated 2 years ago had somehow become good enough to finish a PL season in mid-table this time around. Laughable, I''m afraid[/quote]
You were knocked out of the play offs.

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]We scraped out of the play-offs by the skin of our teeth and failed to add to the squad in the way that Bournemouth and Watford - the two teams that rightly finished above us - did in the Summer because we arrogantly believed that somehow the duffers that got us relegated 2 years ago had somehow become good enough to finish a PL season in mid-table this time around. [/quote]
COMPLETED INSFROMFEE
Robbie BradyHull City£7.0m
Matthew JarvisWest Ham UnitedLoan
Jake KeanUnassigned PlayersFree
Youssouf MulumbuWest Bromwich AlbionFree
Andre WisdomLiverpoolLoan
BOURNEMOUTH
COMPLETED INSFROMFEE
Christian AtsuChelseaLoan
Joe BennettAston VillaLoan
Artur BorucSouthamptonFree
Filippo CostaChievoLoan
Sylvain DistinUnassigned PlayersFree
Max GradelSt EtienneUndisclosed
Tyrone MingsIpswich Town£8.0m
Glenn MurrayCrystal Palace£4.0m
Lee TomlinMiddlesbrough£3.5m
Loan

Think I know where I''d rather be.

The OP likes the sound of his own voice so much he''s posted the same thing on 2 different threads. I wonder if he''s posted on his own TWTD board as well?

[quote user="ruthers1"]Careful now - they don''t like the truth on here[/quote]

Ahhhh truth Ruthers. Something very close to my own heart.

I apparently made you welcome at my club. I guess we shook hand and had a chat. I would have introduced you to my buddy Ray, another truthful man. You obviously were pleasant in return. You must have been or I''d remember. But yet you come on here with a different version of events. Slating folk behind their back who you were obviously to timid to be truthful to when you met.

"They don''t like the truth"

I reckon you don''t even know it..

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ruthers1"]Careful now - they don''t like the truth on here[/quote]

Ahhhh truth Ruthers. Something very close to my own heart.

I apparently made you welcome at my club. I guess we shook hand and had a chat. I would have introduced you to my buddy Ray, another truthful man. You obviously were pleasant in return. You must have been or I''d remember. But yet you come on here with a different version of events. Slating folk behind their back who you were obviously to timid to be truthful to when you met.

"They don''t like the truth"

I reckon you don''t even know it..

[/quote]
Post of the day.