Sign in to follow this  
Canary & Linnet

Slimline Doc

According to the NCFC web site GD has lost a stone in weight over the summer (under instructions).

I do hope he will now be able to show all the doubters how wrong they were.

I know at times last year he resembled a cart horse, but having seen him play for Eire recently he looked the real deal.

We do need some of our perceived ''also rans'' to come up with the goods, assuming NW doesn''t sign 8 or 9 new players before 6th August

Let''s hope this is true.  A player revitalised is a good as a new player into the club.

The inference of the statement seeemed to be that this was not just weight Doc had put on over the Summer break (a la Robert Fleck for all those who can remember that his first Summer in Norfolk was spent visiting most of the pubs !!).

I thought we had a "sports scientist" type guy who constantly monitored the squad, if Doc did have to lose a stone - what the hell was this guy doing letting him put it on in the first place. It seems he must have been completely ignored but even if he was surely we should have ensured he maintained his fitness. Sometimes I would really just like an explanation for some of the things that go on - nothing confidential, just reasons for things like this.

Mark .Y.