Sign in to follow this  
Canaries north

Division within a division

We''re doomed is all I keep hearing and yes we are in a scrap with our current form and upcoming fixtures but if we are in a scrap and as is said many times there are 3 divisions in the premier league who is in the middle division and who do you think is in the bottom 6 or 7 that will be fighting for 17th in your opinions. I''m going for us, villa, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Stoke, and Sunderland. I still have a horrible feeling big Sam will lead another great escape but couldn''t pick another team. Really just wanted to know who else''s results everyone else is looking at. We can still stay up as I don''t see too much between the teams I have mentioned.

at last somebody on here with a clue ..at the moment Norwich city are top of the mini league fighting relegation . nothing to be ashamed of if it means survival..any points picked up against the bigger teams is a bonus .even Chelsea are struggling ..I''ve seen post saying sack Alex Neil ..laughable

"at last somebody on here with a clue ..at the moment Norwich city are top of the mini league fighting relegation . nothing to be ashamed of if it means survival..any points picked up against the bigger teams is a bonus .even Chelsea are struggling ..I''ve seen post saying sack Alex Neil ..laughable."

Exactly.

We are more or less where I expected us to be this season.

In favour of our prospects it''s fair to say that the ''luck'' has been slightly against us, and starting with being landed with Simon Hooper first time out.

Against us, we have had as benign a set of opening fixtures as can be expected in this league and should have 2-3 more points in the bag, according to the fixture list..

If it evolves into an out-and-out dog fight down there, which is likely, I think/hope that we possess enough of the right ingredients to survive.

Mini-relegation leagues are for conchis and stats people.  It is an artificial concept and is irrelevant when any club can beat any other at any time.  Fine if  you are obsessed with relegation, but imo, every match is worth a potential three points and the simple maths are that the more points we win against any club, the more likely we will stay up.

lake district guy .its a reality ..you can''t expect to be beating man utd man city arsenal etc..the board at Norwich at least expect survival for the money .then if you stay up the money will be invested in strengthening the team for the following season ..football is a business .even if Norwich were relegated the parachute money is great millions. in my opinion if it wasn''t for the board going for Alex Neil when they did Norwich would be in a relegation battle this season in the championship.

for example of a bad board decision ..and I know you lot don''t care about Scottish football but .Dundee united who were challenging Celtic for most of last season sold all their best players to Celtic .and the manager had in his contract that any players sold he got a massive bonus .resulting in their chairman keeping the money and then sacking Jackie McNamara under pressure from the fans ..today they are bottom of the SPL and got beat 5 - 0 from Celtic ..the bottom line is boards don''t care about the team its just business to them

As inept as we look, we look better than Bournemouth, villa and Sunderland at least. I don''t care how we do it, 17th is and has always been the target this year. We are due a bit of luck as well.

Sunderland had some luck today. Outplayed until the penalty and red card. If nothing else it bunches things up a bit more. Still not sure what result I wanted. Bournemouth had a keeper nightmare. Shows the two ends of the spectrum when you spend money. Bournemouth spend to stay up and they all get injured. Watford spend big and despite not being far ahead of us have conceded only 4 goals in 8 games if you take Arsenal and man city out of it. We spent very little and are on a bad run but have played some good football already. Who knows where we will all end up but isn''t that part of the fun.

grinding out 1 - 0 wins against the big teams means playing defensive . seen rangers do it in the 2008 uefa cup ..they got to the final

there is a method in defending I''m sure Alex Neil can call a favour from Walter smith or Alex Ferguson .its 11 v 11 ..they should bring back lafferty