Sign in to follow this  
Norwich City Fans Social Club

Norwich City Fans Social Club - Quiz Night

Firstly thanks to all those who supported our first event which was a players fan forum with Seb, Russ & Youssouf which was held in the Top of the Terrace on August 19th. We had a great evening and there are pictures and a summary of some of the questions on www.ncfsc.co.uk if you''d like to take a look.
Our social club is coming along nicely, we have a close knit team of volunteers who are working hard to put on events throughout the year which we think you ll enjoy, but if you have any ideas please contact us via the contact form on the website as we''re very open to viable suggestions
Our second event is on Wed Oct 21st again in the Top of the Terrace which is a footballing quiz evening with a few other fun rounds thrown in, the quiz has been prepared by Duncan and Eddie ( Nutty) and they have put some hard work in so would be good if some of you could support it.
All the proceeds from the night ( minus any costs incurred ) will go to the CSF  which you all know is a great charity, so your money will go to making a real difference to the lives of people less advantaged than ourselves.
We have invited  fans groups and local companies to take part plus we''ll hopefully have a ncfc management team and a ncfc players team plus a team from the pinkun pups, so it should be a  competitive fun night.
Here are brief details, but full details and how to enter are on our website http://www.ncfsc.co.uk/events/quiz-night
  • Teams of 6
  • £30 per team *
  • Bowl of chips and sweeties to nibble on
  • Licensed Bar
  • Guest Quiz Master
  • Prizes for the winners table
* The entry fee, less any costs incurred, will be donated to the CSF
Look forward to seeing some of you there and remember [:)]
 '''' You don''t join, you just join in "
Diane ( on behalf of the volunteers )

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I have my team of 6 primed and ready. By the way what sort of monies did the forum make for the CSF ?[/quote]
Thanks for getting a pups team together Tilly, much appreciated.
Re the CSF funds we are already into 3 figures,  what we are planning to do is update everyone just before the end of each season so  when we present them with the cheque so it''s a nice surprise for the CSF team
Diane 

Would be great if we could get a team from here as well as the Rays Funds teams. Or even if Morty could get a team from the NorwichTalk board. In fact if there''s a Pink Un team and a Norwich Talk team I will put up a trophy for the team that comes top!

Are there enough stragglers to make a second pups team Nutty?

I should be home from Um Bongo land by then. Probably.

[quote user="Norwich City Fans Social Club"]Firstly thanks to all those who supported our first event which was a players fan forum with Seb, Russ & Youssouf which was held in the Top of the Terrace on August 19th. We had a great evening and there are pictures and a summary of some of the questions on www.ncfsc.co.uk if you''d like to take a look.
Our social club is coming along nicely, we have a close knit team of volunteers who are working hard to put on events throughout the year which we think you ll enjoy, but if you have any ideas please contact us via the contact form on the website as we''re very open to viable suggestions
Our second event is on Wed Oct 21st again in the Top of the Terrace which is a footballing quiz evening with a few other fun rounds thrown in, the quiz has been prepared by Duncan and Eddie ( Nutty) and they have put some hard work in so would be good if some of you could support it.
All the proceeds from the night ( minus any costs incurred ) will go to the CSF  which you all know is a great charity, so your money will go to making a real difference to the lives of people less advantaged than ourselves.
We have invited  fans groups and local companies to take part plus we''ll hopefully have a ncfc management team and a ncfc players team plus a team from the pinkun pups, so it should be a  competitive fun night.
Here are brief details, but full details and how to enter are on our website http://www.ncfsc.co.uk/events/quiz-night
  • Teams of 6
  • £30 per team *
  • Bowl of chips and sweeties to nibble on
  • Licensed Bar
  • Guest Quiz Master
  • Prizes for the winners table
* The entry fee, less any costs incurred, will be donated to the CSF
Look forward to seeing some of you there and remember [:)]
 '''' You don''t join, you just join in "
[/quote]In that case will one of the questions be "How much did Watling wallet?"[;)]

Yes you can TwoDots [:D] Did you used to subscribe to Canary Mail too? I did but was far too shy to post much[:$]

But you''re on your own at the moment. Looks like Morty''s ducked out of setting up a Norwich Talk team and we still need one from here. How about the message board challenge Morty? And who''s up for getting a Pink Un team together?

I don''t really have the time to arrange anything Eddie, and as you can see above, I am already in a team.

Though a good start might be advertising the event on Norwichtalk maybe?

[quote user="morty"]Though a good start might be advertising the event on Norwichtalk maybe?[/quote]
I''ve posted that up on there now Morty, I wont be online now until Sun but if anyone asks any questions before then, I''m sure Duncan who is organising the quiz  and who is  registered over there, will answer them.

Tables are filling up very quickly now for our quiz night but there''s still a few left if anyone else wants to take part.

If you can''t make the quiz but would like to support the event by donating a prize for our csf raffle, please get in touch with me by pm on here or via our website www.ncfsc.co.uk

Its going really well, Eddie and Duncan have put in a tremendous amount of work for the quiz and we have 22 teams who have entered which has exceeded all our expectations.

NCFC have given us some great raffle prizes as have other companies and we''re hoping to make loads of money for the CSF which is close to our hearts.

Thanks for your interest CanaryKing.

Just wanted to let you know that all our tables for the quiz are now full so thanks to anyone on here who is in a team or has put a team together to support us and the CSF.

Other exciting news is that the club put a piece about our fans social club in the programme at the Leic game, plus the PA announcer read out a bit about us & the quiz just before kick off which helps us get the message out to everyone especially the fans who aren''t online.

So its going well, the club have been brilliant with us and we have another exciting event coming up in Dec so watch this space.

The quiz night was fantastic, we had 26 teams of 6, Darren Eadie did a great job as quiz master and from the feedback we''ve had today I think its safe to say that everyone enjoyed it.

Its only 3 months since our launch and we''ve had 1500 likes on facebook, 800 followers on twitter and 2500 visitors to our website.

Never did I think back last Xmas when I had this idea that it would get so big so quickly and thats thanks to our wonderful volunteers team who work hard behind the scenes to put these events on

For our next event we asked the club if we could have access to Alex Neil, Gary Holt, Frankie McAvoy for a fans forum and guess what they''ve said yessssssssssss lol

So our next event is on Wed Dec 9th - Top of the Terrace at 7:30pm

Hope you ll come and support us

Diane

Hi DianeI''m so pleased it''s all coming together so well after all your hard work. Last night sounds as though it was a great success. Unfortunately I couldn''t make it again but it looks like you''ve arranged another '' good-un '' for Dec 9th.I''m determined to get to that one.Well done.

It''s probably a good job the Norwich talk lot didn''t get a team together or we''d have wiped the floor with them, was a great night had by all, even the players seem to enjoy it when sometimes at other events they give off the impression they''d rather be somewhere else, Mr lafferty especially was on top form, great stuff!

Glad you enjoyed it DDD and agree Lafferty was in fine form lol as was Ryan Bennett

Good to see the room so full and see so many familar faces.

Hope to see you at the Alex forum

Most of the pictures of the quiz night have been put up tonight, think theres a few more to come

Hope you like them

http://www.ncfsc.co.uk/gallery/quiz-evening-21-10-15

There''s a write up about the quiz here :-

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_fans_social_club_s_quiz_night_raises_630_for_charity_1_4286824

The Norwich City Fans Social Club

And here''s a link to the pictures on our NCFSC web site : -

http://www.ncfsc.co.uk/gallery/quiz-evening-21-10-15

There''s some great pictures there! Thanks everyone who supported us.