Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Rider

wly and the doc - good news

With all the despondency about re the lack of signings, I think the news that WLY is set to stay and the info. on the new ''slimline'' Doc is a real tonic.

A fit, motivated WLY is a top performer at Championship level whilst the only really valid criticism of the Doc was this alleged ''lack of pace''. As far as Doc is concerned, IF he is indeed quicker then he should start alongside Shacks. He won''t of course. That honour belongs to the old favourite Fleming but, hey, who knows, now that Worthy has actually got rid of golden boy Holt just maybe he might see the light with Fleming but then again..............    

The squad is indeed pretty threadbare in terms of numbers but by and large the leavers were pretty much expected (albeit I was amazed to see Holt and Jonson sold as I thought they would remain as Worthy favourites). Radio Norfolk called the Jonson sale ''mystifying''! Rubbish! The only ''mystifying'' thing was how gullable Worthy was in signing the bloke in the first place. He was one of the worst ''players'' to wear a Norwich shirt and believe me that IS saying something!

I do think that Worthy possibly ''over reacted'' in the Eddy case though. Of course we don''t know what discussions actually happened but if Worthy thought that he ''would still have Helveg'' then he was very naive. We all knew that Helveg would jump once we got relegated.     

WLY, is indeed Paul McVeigh. It stands for: We Love You Paul McVeigh, as in his song. I didn''t know that until somebody explained it on a post the other week.

Having been away all weekend, returning to Norfolk and hearing of the Doc is very welcome news to me.  I have say, I always thought he was never too bad at the back and with a bit of Worthy pruning could turn into an excellent long term partner for Shacks.  I hope I am correct. 

Doc should do ok in the Championship. But at best he''s still third choice centre back. He needs to learn to read the game better, and stop panicking when things get hectic in the middle. As for WLY, he seemed to get worse and worse last season from what little we saw of him. What ever happened to the confident McVeigh of Worthy''s first season in charge, who would ghost past defenders as if they weren''t there?

[quote]Doc should do ok in the Championship. But at best he''s still third choice centre back. He needs to learn to read the game better, and stop panicking when things get hectic in the middle. As for WLY, h...[/quote]

Although I am a big WLY fan and my daughter even more so taking himoff the transfer list shows just how bad the issue is with new signings.  Worthy and WLY have never seen eye to eye and this is without a doubt behind WLYs variable performances.   For example he palyed reasonably well against Spurs on boxing day (as did most of the team) yet we lose 2-0 and theplayer to take the blame was WLY who was not seen again, even when we only had 12 fit outfield players.   Taking himoff thetransfer list shows indicates we cant get another squad player for the same cash ad wothy is happy to let him siton the bench in case we dont sign enough replacements.   IMO WLY is good enough but desperately needsa run of games to get his form back - besides his best performances came up front and he s yet another striker turned right winger...

As far as doc is concerned I have assumed that you have shacks as first choice but pray tell who is second ahead of doc - I can only assume its Charlie as to suggest Flem at his age and after lasst years performances would be scandalous, even allowing for a drop in league (both Charlie and Doc outperformed Flem every game when either were paired with Flem at centre back)

OTBC