Sign in to follow this  
ruthers1

No Keystone Cop-Out

My pre-season prediction (still on track) of Norwich needing to score a minimum of 3 goals to win ANY premier league game this season will not come under any sort of threat tomorrow afternoon.

In fact, with Leicester''s keystone cop defending and our inability to defend dead ball situations I can quite easily see us scoring 3 goals tomorrow and getting beat!

With neither team able to defend for toffee I can see this one coming down to who''s got the best strike force. One goal in seven games does not fill me with any confidence I''m afraid.

My prediction is 3-4 with Russell Martin scoring at both ends.

[quote user="ruthers1"]My pre-season prediction (still on track) of Norwich needing to score a minimum of 3 goals to win ANY premier league game this season will not come under any sort of threat tomorrow afternoon.

In fact, with Leicester''s keystone cop defending and our inability to defend dead ball situations I can quite easily see us scoring 3 goals tomorrow and getting beat!

With neither team able to defend for toffee I can see this one coming down to who''s got the best strike force. One goal in seven games does not fill me with any confidence I''m afraid.

My prediction is 3-4 with Russell Martin scoring at both ends.[/quote]How do you work that one out Smudger ?Well done however for managing to get your home town club,Russell Martin and our strikers into the post.....three of your pet subjects. [;)]

"Well done however for managing to get your home town club,Russell Martin and our strikers into the post.....three of your pet subjects."

Leicester''s a City you moronic medler

[quote user="ruthers1"]My pre-season prediction (still on track) of Norwich needing to score a minimum of 3 goals to win ANY premier league game this season will not come under any sort of threat tomorrow afternoon. [/quote]

Having won two games 3-1, it appears your argument doesn''t hold water.    

[quote user="ruthers1"]"Well done however for managing to get your home town club,Russell Martin and our strikers into the post.....three of your pet subjects."

Leicester''s a City you moronic medler[/quote]Didn''t take long for the angry little man syndrome to raise it''s head again. Just chill Smudger. [:P]

"Having won two games 3-1, it appears your argument doesn''t hold water"

You absolute numbskull. Do you think I can''t count FFS?!

For the umpteenth time...when a team are 2 or 3 goals clear opponents tend to give up which has happened in both our wins and proves my point.

If we''d have been 3-1 up last week (as we should''ve been) I''d wager West Ham wouldn''t have busted a gut and got their last minute goal and we''d have won - again by courtesy of scoring 3 goals.

And before any other equally ''bright'' spark comes on here talking about a 2-0 win also being 2 goals clear - don''t. You''ll be forgetting we give at least one bad goal away every game.

[quote user="ruthers1"]"Having won two games 3-1, it appears your argument doesn''t hold water"

You absolute numbskull. Do you think I can''t count FFS?!

For the umpteenth time...when a team are 2 or 3 goals clear opponents tend to give up which has happened in both our wins and proves my point.

If we''d have been 3-1 up last week (as we should''ve been) I''d wager West Ham wouldn''t have busted a gut and got their last minute goal and we''d have won - again by courtesy of scoring 3 goals.

And before any other equally ''bright'' spark comes on here talking about a 2-0 win also being 2 goals clear - don''t. You''ll be forgetting we give at least one bad goal away every game.[/quote]

Yawn.

Moronic medler.....numbskill.....FFS........''bright'' spark, all within a handful of posts. Nothing changes hey Smudger ? Keep up the good work. [;)]

[quote user="ruthers1"]"Well done however for managing to get your home town club,Russell Martin and our strikers into the post.....three of your pet subjects."

Leicester''s a City you moronic medler
[/quote]So it is, but if that is where someone is from, city or not, it is still called their home town. Just one of the many oddities of the English language.

There''s some really quite desperate ''logic'' (for want of a better word) in use there ruthers. Sunderland were poor all game, they got a consolation goal in the last few minutes, they had given up long before the third goal went in. The FACT is that as they only scored 1 goal, 2 would have been enough to beat them. Therefore your ''point'' is totally disproved.

"Therefore your ''point'' is totally disproved"

Thanks for that but the words strangle and shut up spring to mind: No, the FACT as you put it, is that it isn''t disproved and won''t be unless we manage to win a game 1-0 or 2-1. Not likely.

[quote user="ruthers1"]You absolute numbskull. Do you think I can''t count FFS?![/quote]Good to see you''ve lost none of your writing skills Smudge. [:D]

"You''re a waste of space. Go away."

Talking of a waste of space - I wonder how our zonal marking will fare tomorrow?!

@ruthers1/smudger/whoever you are,

Can you just bog off please pal. You''re not big, clever or witty and if you''re trying to troll you''re doing a pretty poor job.

Pre-season prediction? You started peddling this 3 goals to win theory after the first couple of games and you were wrong then and wrong now. Fact is we have conceded 12 in 7 games and as 1.7 goals a game which still means 2 to win as it did when you started this.

As for Russell Martin, this week we have another respected football figure who disagrees with you and thinks the key battle is between Vardy and an ''in-form Russell Martin''. So now Jonathan Pearce disagrees with you as does Sebastian Bassong, Alex Neil, Gordon Strachan, Chris Hughton, Paul Lambert, everyone who played and Managed in the Championship last season, most of Scotland and by the looks of this thread a lot of the Pink Un.

"we have another respected football figure who disagrees with you...now Jonathan Pearce disagrees with you"

Lol - Isn''t that what''s known as an oxymoron?!

I won''t be wrong until we win a game without needing to score 3 goals. Cry and whinge all you want but that IS a fact.

We would''ve beat Sunderland and Bournemouth with only two goals, fact. We would have beaten WBA with one etc

I mean we''ve only conceded 3 or more goals in two out of nine games this season...are you actually like sane? If you''re mentally handicapped then I apologize but how the hell have you come to the conclusion that we need to score 3 or more to win a game? It horse***t!

What has Russel Martin done to offend you so much? Everyone acknowledges him as a Pl class Cb except for a small minority on here. I know, opinions and all that but you''re simply flat out wrong in your assessment of him. Our defense has been solid this year and very effective in open play. Expensive players well out of our grasp like Shaqiri and Payet sometimes hit inch perfect set pieces that you just can''t do much about, sh!t happens, every team concedes this way from time to time.

We''ve been unlucky and maybe you could argue that Ruddy hasn''t been quite as commanding as he could be but I''ve seen very little wrong with our defending this year as a team or as individuals

"I''ve seen very little wrong with our defending this year as a team or as individuals"

And you''re calling me mentally handicapped?!!!! Nurse!

If you need a quick recap watch last Saturday''s MotD on catch up. After our match highlights the experts ran a feature on the terrible goals we''ve given away this season.

Mind you Jonathan Pearce wasn''t on the panel ;)

[quote user="ruthers1"]"I''ve seen very little wrong with our defending this year as a team or as individuals"

And you''re calling me mentally handicapped?!!!! Nurse!

If you need a quick recap watch last Saturday''s MotD on catch up. After our match highlights the experts ran a feature on the terrible goals we''ve given away this season.

Mind you Jonathan Pearce wasn''t on the panel ;)[/quote]

Experts???   You call fishing out some footage of previous week''s'' goals and saying "Ooh, look they let in some set piece goals" expert opinion??  It''s not rocket science and we all know that we can improve our set piece defending.   Try seeing some good in people for a change - there has been a lot of good stuff from us this season already - if you can''t put your main focus on that, you are never going to enjoy your football.   

Ruthers you conveniently misquoted Ricky and missed the open play part. As you would have seen on motd they highlighted set pieces. Watching games shows we have been good defensively in open play. You shouldn''t rely on a highlights show to firm your opinions.

You will also find Jonathan Pearce is incredibly well respected as a commentator and pundit who is renowned for the background work he puts in before commentating on any game.

[quote user="ruthers1"]My pre-season prediction (still on track) of Norwich needing to score a minimum of 3 goals to win ANY premier league game this season will not come under any sort of threat tomorrow afternoon.

My prediction is 3-4 with Russell Martin scoring at both ends.[/quote]
Came under thread today though didn''t it, muppet?

My prediction is 3-4 with Russell Martin scoring at both ends.[/quote]Ooops. [:$]

See, if you''re going to make pompous bold negative statements for the fuck of it, you better make sure you''re right. Or you''ll look as stupid as this guy.

Indeed, perhaps you should make a thread saying that anyone who thinks Russell Martin isn''t that good in fact isn''t a norwich fan.

...I wonder where that thread is? I think it had LDC saying something like ''Russell Martin would only play RB in emergencies; he''s better either at CB or not in the team at all''. Glorious.