Sign in to follow this  
ruthers1

When will you lot wake up...

To the fact our defence are a complete joke at premier league level?!

I''ve been saying all season we''ll need to score 3 goals to win ANY game because of our keystone cop defending but needing to score how many to beat the bottom team today?!!

Embarrassing, no other word for it.

Unless we spend £20 million on defenders in January we''re doomed, and even then it may be too late on this evidence.

It''s silly of you to make out you''re the only one who has voiced concerns over our defense - I''m struggling to think of anybody who hasn''t.Go roger your mum.

I''m afraid you''re right. We''re not bad going forward, but defensively we are absolutely shocking.

I can''t fathom why Hoolahan didn''t start either.

A lot on here have woken up but just wanted to support the team. They tried to get defenders and didn''t. It may not be too late to strengthen either in January. Let''s see where we are by December. We did need defensive reinforcement and we got Wisdom. It wasn''t enough everybody knows that

[quote user="ruthers1"]When will f**k off and die ruthers

When you can string a proper sentence together spaz darks[/quote]
Well then my dear boy, may I suggest you go forth and multiply, shortly following it up by quietly walking over a cliff.

To be fair Ruthers, I think everyone who I have spoken to has always been concerned about the defence and particularly Russell Martin and Steven Whittaker. Unfortunately, we elected not to reinforce this area and spend in the summer and it looks like it may cost us. That is not an earth shattering insight and we are where we are. We''ll just have to muddle through until January now and see where we are.

Do any of the defence bashers actually understand that a lot of problems stem from midfielders not covering well enough, or giving away the ball cheaply, allowing opposition to put a defence under pressure that has little or no cover?   Yes, the defenders are not blameless, but defence is a team thing.

I agree Cambridge but having to admit to needing to ''muddle through'' until January is a joke with the amount of money we''ve had at our disposal. Spending just £3.9m (net) in the Summer was a travesty and the board have failed in their duty of care

[quote user="Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB"]There is nothing worse than somebody pretending to be a supporter but taking great pleasure when the team they say they support loses.......[/quote]It''s Smudger, expect no less. [:''(]

[quote user="ruthers1"]I agree Cambridge but having to admit to needing to ''muddle through'' until January is a joke with the amount of money we''ve had at our disposal. Spending just £3.9m (net) in the Summer was a travesty and the board have failed in their duty of care[/quote]Best you report them to the GMC then.[:D]

McNally out Messiah Back

At last! Someone who realises that the only way Lambert can come back is if McNally leaves.

Ruthers, I agree with you entirely. Serious questions need to be ask of our transfer committee who I do not feel have delivered the goods in the last 2 summer windows and clearly it is very hard to be competitve at this level if you only spend £3-4 million on players. But again I don''t think that''s groundbreaking. A lot of people have said that on here. In fact the majority.

However, unfortunately we could have more money than God right now and it wouldn''t matter. There''s an awful lot of football to be played before January (which even then is a notoriously bad time to buy players) so we''re just going to have to make the best of it.

You could make a case for potentially dropping Ruddy and bringing in Rudd. You could also argue about dropping Olsson and playing Brady at back. But to be honest apart from that I think any other changes would actually only serve to make matters worse based on what I''ve seen from Bennett and Wisdom thus far.

Whilst Ruthers may be seen as negative, anyone who thinks that conceding 20 goals in 9 games indicates we have no defensive woes is either in need of professional care or believes Jeremy Corbin is a war-mongering facist.  

[quote user="ruthers1"]To the fact our defence are a complete joke at premier league level?!

I''ve been saying all season we''ll need to score 3 goals to win ANY game because of our keystone cop defending but needing to score how many to beat the bottom team today?!!

Embarrassing, no other word for it.

Unless we spend £20 million on defenders in January we''re doomed, and even then it may be too late on this evidence.[/quote]Still think we are doomed Smudger ?

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Whilst Ruthers may be seen as negative, anyone who thinks that conceding 20 goals in 9 games indicates we have no defensive woes is either in need of professional care or believes Jeremy Corbin is a war-mongering facist.  [/quote]

Crafty, why do you always seem to feel the need of using a ridiculous political analogy to support a football opinion. Don'';t think even the Daily Wail sports pages resort to that.... 

These defensive woes are being addressed. The woes have come mainly as a result of the way we have approached games. In the last two weeks Alex Neil has shown that he doesn''t just have a plan A but plans B and C to go with it. Let''s hope we can all get behind him.