Sign in to follow this  
ruthers1

Mbo-can't

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Is this ruthers character for real?

Reckons he was with me and arrdee at the orinal PUPs meet. Probably reckoned he was at Carrow Road tonight. In both cases I call bullshit...[/quote]

I thought someone said that Ruthers was Smudger?

Not that I''d know or know if he was with you and Ray at the pups meeting though.

[quote user="Kurious Oranj"]Mbokani was ok but definitely not MOM. West Brom came for a bit of a training exercise, first half they sat back (boy did they sit back) and tested their defensive resolve and the second half they pushed forward a bit more and created a few chances.

Encouraging then that we won the game when both sides were actually trying to score but frustrating we couldn''t break them down in the first half. I felt we were too slow on the break which more often than not was due to Grabban hesitating on the ball and actually looking like he wanted to play at a slower tempo. Credit to him for getting himself about but the difference when Wes came on was all too clear to see.

Defence not tested to the standard we''ve seen in the PL up to this point but some great play from Bassong and Bennett to add some confidence (McClean should have shot with his right foot, dallied long enough for Bennett to get back in - who showed great desire to make up for letting him through in the first place).

Jarvis, O''Neil and Bassong stood out, though good performances all round. Lafferty has made AN think a bit more, Howson showed his work rate and class, Wes showed his importance in keeping him fit and Wisdom and Bennett showed we have some good cover in defence.

Not a particularly stern test but winning breeds confidence and this was a confident display sadly lacking in previous seasons cup exploits.[/quote]I agree with this. This was how I saw the game.Jarvis MOM for me. What a player we have there. I sure hope we can make his deal permanent.One other thing I''d like to add is how well Declan Rudd has come along. OK, so he had limited things to do for large parts of the game, but his command of the box for all corners was excellent, even when having to deal with the physicality of 2 and 3 West Brom players. He also did great for the only real save he had to make. However, the one part of his game that impressed me - and it''s only a small thing - but his distribution off goal kicks was excellent. The number of times he was able ping a long ball to a wide player in space was great to see. He also has a very strong foot, and can really get that ball up into the oppositions half.Just another player who I thought needed a shout out. Another number 2 doing everything he can to impress. Should Ruddy get injured or drop in form, I''d be very comfortable with Rudd behind the sticks.The whole squad do all appear to be pulling in the same direction at the moment.

Agree with your assessment of game, WBA were as interested as they were when we won 4-0 against a team that had vacations on their mind. Just shows how much we need to keep We fit, he made all the difference in breaking down their defence.

PS Still cannot see why we turned down 5 million for Grabban

Daly, I''m sure the Grabban deal would have gone through had Pardew not pulled out of selling us Gayle, when Wickham picked up an injury in training. Selling Grabban to a direct rival without cover would obviously have been daft - I''m really not sure why people keep banging on about it. AN also appeared happy to loan out either Hooper or Lafferty.

I''m pretty sure Grabban will get his move to Bournemouth in the January window if the Gayle deal can be resurrected, and that we''ll still get north of £5m for him especially if Bournemouth are in trouble.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]

Daly, I''m sure the Grabban deal would have gone through had Pardew not pulled out of selling us Gayle, when Wickham picked up an injury in training. Selling Grabban to a direct rival without cover would obviously have been daft - I''m really not sure why people keep banging on about it. AN also appeared happy to loan out either Hooper or Lafferty.

I''m pretty sure Grabban will get his move to Bournemouth in the January window if the Gayle deal can be resurrected, and that we''ll still get north of £5m for him especially if Bournemouth are in trouble.

[/quote]

Gayle scored a hatrick last night. they may reconsider selling or hike the price a little (assuming he keeps some form between now and Jan)

I think the most annoying thing about this thread - apart from the obvious OP and expressed opinions - is the missed pun opportunity in the title.If you were going to post an anti Mbokani thread, and go to the trouble of morphing "can''t" into it, why stop? Surely the complete pun should be "Mbo-can''t-i". Or better still "Mbo-can''t-he".OP, you should be very disappointed in yourself.

"Ghost, you''re assuming an intellect that is in fact beyond Ruthers"

Lol, let me get this right - you lot are challenging MY intellect?!!!

I did go to the original May & Baker social club meet up on Sweetbriar Rd. When I saw for my own eyes the ''intellect'' of my fellow posters at that meeting I was flabbergasted. Jez the Barclay ''King'' or whatever warrior like name he called himself at the time was knee high to a grasshopper and had the handshake of a wet fish! Don''t get me wrong - I knew Tilson was tiresome as dull as dishwater but as for the rest of them...I don''t want to even go there again!

Thank goodness in the years that have followed we''ve actually gained some intellect on this forum. The likes of Ricardo, Making Plans even Jimmy Smith at a push have made me persevere in spite of Lappinitup and all the other happy clapping retards.

Glad you''ve seen enough. Does that mean you won''t be going again? Let''s hope you don''t because you have no clue what you''re talking about.

You didn''t see the assist for the first goal then?

[quote user="ruthers1"]"Ghost, you''re assuming an intellect that is in fact beyond Ruthers"

Lol, let me get this right - you lot are challenging MY intellect?!!!

I did go to the original May & Baker social club meet up on Sweetbriar Rd. When I saw for my own eyes the ''intellect'' of my fellow posters at that meeting I was flabbergasted. Jez the Barclay ''King'' or whatever warrior like name he called himself at the time was knee high to a grasshopper and had the handshake of a wet fish! Don''t get me wrong - I knew Tilson was tiresome as dull as dishwater but as for the rest of them...I don''t want to even go there again!

Thank goodness in the years that have followed we''ve actually gained some intellect on this forum. The likes of Ricardo, Making Plans even Jimmy Smith at a push have made me persevere in spite of Lappinitup and all the other happy clapping retards.[/quote]

No you didn''t ruthers.

[quote user="ruthers1"]

I did go to the original May & Baker social club meet up on Sweetbriar Rd.[/quote]Really ruthers!You''d know then we met first at Billy Dixon''s to collect the cheque.Which one are you?http://www.pinkun.com/polopoly_fs/1.639051.1284113668!/image/1968372845.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_225/1968372845.jpg

Free Bet Thread Presentation 2 photo FONCYpresentation.jpg

Or even this original one which would narrow it down even more

photo Dixmarpresentation012.jpg

Or a later one when Tilly was there...

Now come on ruthers, don''t be shy....

Not a reply that makes sense but I''m loving the excuse to put those pictures up again[:)]

I''ll maybe post some more tomorrow....

Maybe he''s in this one NN?

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/pupspresentation2010007.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/pupspresentation2010007.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I''ll try again.

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/pupspresentation2010007.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/pupspresentation2010007.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="ruthers1"]

Another positive - a clean sheet at last and even more amazing - no sloppy goals given away - now remind me, who was missing for us at the back tonight?!!

[/quote]

It amazes me that Martin is preferred to Ryan Bennett at centre back.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Interesting that Ruthers opened this thread within minutes of the final whistle, amazing can write a player off without even seeing him play, i don''t suppose that assist looked so good on the radio ? Binner[/quote]

Obviously you havent heard of mobile technology.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Free Bet Thread Presentation 2 photo FONCYpresentation.jpg

Or even this original one which would narrow it down even more

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj76/canaryeddie/Free%20Bet%20Presentation%202009/Dixmarpresentation012.jpg

Or a later one when Tilly was there...

Now come on ruthers, don''t be shy....[/quote]Bumped for ruthers - but I would just like to point out..........

[quote user="ruthers1"]

I did go to the original May & Baker social club meet up on Sweetbriar Rd[/quote]

Just as Blofield Utd didn''t play at Plantation Park - the May & Baker social club was never on Sweetbriar Rd.

DUH!

Why Ruthers/Smudger has to resort to bare faced fibs is beyond me. And why try to be a smart arse, it is clear he has an issue with the Norfolk Cafu, he should just man up and admit it and be honest about it rather than posting ill disguised "positive" posts. On the subject of manning up, why don`t yo admit you never played for Blofield Utd and you are not in any of the photos Smudger??......

Which one is you?

I''m not on either, I would imagine though the M&B social club photo was taken later in the evening after I (and a couple of others by the look of it) had left.

[quote user="ruthers1"]Which one is you?

I''m not on either, I would imagine though the M&B social club photo was taken later in the evening after I (and a couple of others by the look of it) had left.[/quote]That wasn''t the inaugural meeting which you clearly stated you attended. If you truly were at the very first meeting you would be on one of the other photos. Which one is it?

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Just as Blofield Utd didn''t play at Plantation Park - the May & Baker social club was never on Sweetbriar Rd.

[/quote]I still have very vivid memories of playing kickabouts at Blofield rec and having Paddy whatshisface whining about encroaching onto his pitch/goal/whateverhewaswhiningabout. Though that would be 20 years ago.

[quote user="ruthers1"]Which one is you?

I''m not on either, I would imagine though the M&B social club photo was taken later in the evening after I (and a couple of others by the look of it) had left.[/quote]

You could get the ''couple of others'' to validate you version of events?