Sign in to follow this  
ruthers1

Mbo-can't

Seen enough tonight to know we''ve brought in yet another dud striker.

Missed a sitter and slashed at a half chance but worse than that he just didn''t get into the box enough.

Very, very disappointing debut.

On the bright side though - KYLE LAFFERTY!!!!!!! A proper striker when played in his correct position as tonight proves FFS.

Another positive - a clean sheet at last and even more amazing - no sloppy goals given away - now remind me, who was missing for us at the back tonight?!!

Now for a cup run...

Lafferty has proved that he can score goals on a regular basis when given a chance to show what he can do.The rest of our strikers, possibly Jerome apart, haven''t, and we''re 8 games in already.

Wow ruthers, you''ve written him off after 75 minutes? Sorry, but just feck off please, we don''t need your ''support''.

It was as if the OP couldn''t contain his pleasure as he posted that tripe.

I haven''t noted him much.

Is he Ipswich Town by any chance?

Ridiculous.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Lafferty has proved that he can score goals on a regular basis when given a chance to show what he can do.The rest of our strikers, possibly Jerome apart, haven''t, and we''re 8 games in already.[/quote]

No he hasn''t - he scored one goal for NCFC last season!

I like Lafferty and hope he gets a chance as he didn''t really get a crack as striker for us yet - but there''s no need to re-write history; coming on against a side chasing the game is a far cry to starting in the PL.

[quote user="ron obvious"]https://twitter.com/TylerEvansNCFC/status/646777784300273664[/quote]Thanks for that - nice pass and looks like a very intelligent footballer

Well I was actually at the game and thought he did quite well. Snatched at a couple half chances but held the ball well, won fair share of aerial battles against Olsson. Encouraging.

Just back from the game.I thought Mbokani looked OK, without being spectacular in his first proper outing. Held up the ball very well. Makes it stick. Looks OK in the air as well. My only criticism would be that he didn''t get into the box enough. He was prepared to come out, play some nice passes, but then didn''t look hungry enough to get to the goal. Hopefully AN can get that into him given time.I''ll also say that - while Lafferty did everything that could be asked of him - it was a different game when he came on at 1-0. West Brom had to move the bus. He had a much easier job. He did take his goal very well, and like I said, couldn''t have done much more in the 15mins he was on. But comparing his job the the job Mbokani had to do - it''s comparing apples to oranges.I think they both have a role to play in the squad.

[quote user="ruthers1"]Seen enough tonight to know we''ve brought in yet another dud striker.

Missed a sitter and slashed at a half chance but worse than that he just didn''t get into the box enough.

Very, very disappointing debut.

On the bright side though - KYLE LAFFERTY!!!!!!! A proper striker when played in his correct position as tonight proves FFS.

Another positive - a clean sheet at last and even more amazing - no sloppy goals given away - now remind me, who was missing for us at the back tonight?!!

Now for a cup run...[/quote]Now you''re back ruthers, when was it exactly you said you played CB for Blofield at Plantation Park?

How much you wana bet ruthers M''bocouldnt mayke ut tutha gayme tunoight neyull?

I can smell a guy who hasn''t been to a game in a while, and you reek ruthers.

Interesting that Ruthers opened this thread within minutes of the final whistle, amazing can write a player off without even seeing him play, i don''t suppose that assist looked so good on the radio ? Binner

I must have watched a different game.MOM for me and a different clas to anything we already have.

Lets all judge a forward after 1 game shall we - RVW scored on his debut so he must be the best NCFC forward ever

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]With ill-informed, attention-seeking, attempts to be controversial, the OP is also a can''t.[/quote]
Haha, niceone Drazen.

Mbokani did well, he his strong and fearless, and looks like he has a sharp football brain. Once he clicks fully with the squad, he will score for sure.

I must have watched a different game.

MOM for me and a different clas to anything we already have.

---------------------------------------------

Coming from you, Ricardo, that''s really encouraging. The little bits I''ve seen (online) of his powerful run into the box & desperate attempts to snake his foot round the ball against Bournemouth, plus his lovely through ball to Jarvis - who took his chance superbly - made me think the same.

Curo was critical of his failure to get in the box tonight though; was this justified? Could he have been instructed not to do so, do you think? Sounds rather odd.

Is this ruthers character for real?

Reckons he was with me and arrdee at the orinal PUPs meet. Probably reckoned he was at Carrow Road tonight. In both cases I call bullshit...

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]No he hasn''t - he scored one goal for NCFC last season!

I like Lafferty and hope he gets a chance as he didn''t really get a crack as striker for us yet - but there''s no need to re-write history; coming on against a side chasing the game is a far cry to starting in the PL.[/quote]Re-write history - I think you''ll find he''s scored 3 goals in his last 3 games.And unlike the OP I''m not writing Mbo off either, I was just pointing out that you have to have a very good case for not having Lafferty as your second choice striker at this moment in time.

I thought it was a mixed game from Mbokani;    the downsides were coming to grips with the tactics and fitness.  He didnt defend from the front as effectively as either  

The plusses were that he did offer himself around and created space for others;  I dont think he is expected to box sit just because he is strong in the air.   His assist for the openser showed there is promise to come even if he did come across as painfully one footed.  And he did provide a goal threat.

He will improve as communication fitness and tactical integration is embedded.

Mbokani was ok but definitely not MOM. West Brom came for a bit of a training exercise, first half they sat back (boy did they sit back) and tested their defensive resolve and the second half they pushed forward a bit more and created a few chances.

Encouraging then that we won the game when both sides were actually trying to score but frustrating we couldn''t break them down in the first half. I felt we were too slow on the break which more often than not was due to Grabban hesitating on the ball and actually looking like he wanted to play at a slower tempo. Credit to him for getting himself about but the difference when Wes came on was all too clear to see.

Defence not tested to the standard we''ve seen in the PL up to this point but some great play from Bassong and Bennett to add some confidence (McClean should have shot with his right foot, dallied long enough for Bennett to get back in - who showed great desire to make up for letting him through in the first place).

Jarvis, O''Neil and Bassong stood out, though good performances all round. Lafferty has made AN think a bit more, Howson showed his work rate and class, Wes showed his importance in keeping him fit and Wisdom and Bennett showed we have some good cover in defence.

Not a particularly stern test but winning breeds confidence and this was a confident display sadly lacking in previous seasons cup exploits.