Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Threats via Private Messages

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Kick it, there are way more than just one criticism of the US on here.

Why are you limeys like Til and elf so cowardly that you make anonymous threats on here, and like Bonobor who comes here to cry about it? Ya bunch of Nevilles.

Hey! I can make stereotypical statements too! :)[/quote]
Yes there are, but all of them are legitimate, and almost all of them in response to your crowing about how your nation is so glorious and arrogant attitude of being stupid enough to believe you are above the rest of the world (precisely the attitude that propagates the disdain and stereotypes of Americans). I haven''t seen any anonymous threats on here, please quote them.... insults yes, threats no. I hope you have enough about you to tell the difference but somewhat doubt it. Bunch of Nevilles? I don''t know what that even means? 
Your "America leads" attitude is quite amusing though. What exactly do you lead in? 
You may have a handful of good universities, but your education system as a whole is pretty poor and fails the poorest in your society. A significant number of your schools teach Creationism instead of Science for god''s sake. So you don''t lead on Education. 
Your healthcare system is atrocious, and not a patch on the NHS (which in itself is not perfect and has many flaws, but is significantly better than your system by every comparitive measure). Scandinavian countries are probably the leaders in healthcare. So you don''t lead on that either (and ironically, you don''t seem capable of following into progress either). 
Popular Culture - Yes, you do lead on that front in terms of entertainment - TV shows, music etc, in fact your pretty globally dominant in that regard. 
Global politics - Yes you probably do lead, but unfortunately you''re not very good on it. You''ve monopolised intervention in the Middle East peace process for 40 years and delivered nothing, because you''re entirely biased on one side of the argument (the wrong side too). You''ve lead us and others into illegal wars to secure oil for your gas guzzling vehicular behemoths. You are more of a hindrance to global peace than a help to it. You armed The Taliban/Al-Qaeda when it suited you and then declared war on them and dragged us all in 20 years later.
Technology - Not even close. China and Japan are light years ahead as a whole. You have some big individual players in this market, but they are more focussed on profit than progress (with the obvious exception of Google who are really pushing the boundaries to be fair).
Scientific discovery - Maybe. There are many countries that have a claim in this field though, but I guess Nasa''s exploits in space probably put you at the forefront. Others have the technology but aren''t willing to put the funding into it.
So aside from Science (and to be fair, much of your Scientific breakthroughs in the last century have been from immigrants you claimed like Einstein, and Nazi scientists you secretly gave an amnesty for their war crimes), and pop culture (which arguably is a lot to do with the fact that you speak English and have a tradition in this area, and English is the most widely spoken language in the world except for Chinese - and you don''t lead the entertainment industry in China - they have their own crazy pop culture which is entirely disassociated from the rest of the world), what exactly do you lead on?

Your obsssion with my country''s diet seems to make you very angry, very unAmerican-like. Your dim bulbs frown on GM foods for no reason.

Look at the junk you eat. Can of beans for dinner? Lardy pork pies washed down with pints of beer. Fried eggs on toast for dinner is peasant food. Steak and kidney pie. Kidney!?!? Could your food more bland yet disgusting?

Our food and foods we popularize are so tasty, they''re available worldwide. Nobody''s eating Yorkshire pudding in Venezuela, but they are eating KFC. I had crawfish for dinner. Oh so good, another of many American styles of cooking. But no kidney!

Animal feed has nasty stuff in it, but that doesn''t mean it''s unhealthy or dangerous. If it was, we''d be dying. But we''re not. We''re healthy happy and optimistic, and you''re all so glum.

Yeah this has to be a wind up.Nobody could be this intentionally stupid and badly informed.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Your obsssion with my country''s diet seems to make you very angry, very unAmerican-like. Your dim bulbs frown on GM foods for no reason.

Look at the junk you eat. Can of beans for dinner? Lardy pork pies washed down with pints of beer. Fried eggs on toast for dinner is peasant food. Steak and kidney pie. Kidney!?!? Could your food more bland yet disgusting?

Our food and foods we popularize are so tasty, they''re available worldwide. Nobody''s eating Yorkshire pudding in Venezuela, but they are eating KFC. I had crawfish for dinner. Oh so good, another of many American styles of cooking. But no kidney!

Animal feed has nasty stuff in it, but that doesn''t mean it''s unhealthy or dangerous. If it was, we''d be dying. But we''re not. We''re healthy happy and optimistic, and you''re all so glum.[/quote]
Firstly, I have never eaten offal and no intention of doing so. I don''t know anyone who does. Steak and kidney pie was popular about 50 years ago, but it''s not eve common anymore. Nor do I know anyone who eats fried eggs on toast for dinner. Nor anyone (aside from students saving money in the 1980s) who has ever eaten a can of beans for dinner. So well done, you were wrong on every single count.
Your greatest culinary exports are burgers, hot dogs and southern fried chicken. All dripping with grease and fat. No wonder you have an obesity problem. 
Your country is the size of Europe, yet the best food you have to export is that. Europe has produced plenty of foods that you have tried to hijack and claim as your own. Pizza, Spaghetti, etc. Give me a fresh paella over a greasy chicken wing any day of the week. 
Ironically enough, I would say that in people''s homes, we eat a lot more Mexican stuff than American stuff. 
Crawfish is nice, not so easy to get hold of over here, but not difficult. 
Your obviously either a f**kwit, or trolling (or both) so I''m not going to bother any further.
You demonstrably are not healthy though, In fact you are 34th in terms of life expectancy at birth. Britain is 19th by the way. Lebanon, Columbia, Costa Rica, and Cuba are all healthier nations than you. You may be optimistic, clearly you fall into the blind optimism side of that category. You probably are happier than us, but that''s probably because you''re clearly far more ignorant, and ignorance really does seem to be bliss for you.

Never mind, everything will be better when the good old social reformer Donald Trump takes his seat in the Whitehouse.

Both countries have their faults but Gainer some of the stuff you are spouting is pretty ill informed. Your focus on the individual is rather a grand illusion created by your constitution but is not backed in the reality of the American culture as you keep suggesting.

In regards to unemployment our rates are pretty identical US 5.1% and UK 5.4%. How ever a key difference is how we treat those who are employed, for instance in the US you expect those in service industries to be tipped which makes up the majority of the wage rather than the employer paying a fair wage. Minimum wage is something like $2.60 paid in that sector with the rest being made up by the consumer. This is something that seems very much in favour of the businesses rather than the individual.

NHS vs US Healthcare really isn''t on the same level. If something goes wrong here and I need health care no matter what my circumstance, wealth, employment status or past medical history I receive it for free. In the US I would be at the behest of an insurance under writer rather than a medical professional where someone in an office will sit and look for reasons not to treat me such as past illnesses, filling out a piece of paperwork incorrectly etc. This is totally wrong because the decision is made by someone who has a vested interest in not paying out on that claim whereas the system should be based on the needs of the individual requiring the medical treatment and not businesses making a profit for their share holders.

As for gun control the only reason that archaic ammendment is still in place is more to do with who you have had in power rather than any real need. Look at everyone''s favourite gun nut former VP Dick Cheney. Former CEO of you guessed it Haliburton supplier of Arms. What interest would someone like him have in protecting the individual from harm when his friends and associates are set to profit from that harm.? It''s no real surprise that when big business infiltrates your government that decisions are made on corporate interest rather than the need of the individual. If the individual was put first then gun control would be much tighter because from a cursory glance at the stats shows having more guns means more people die every day.

[quote user="morty"]Yeah this has to be a wind up.Nobody could be this intentionally stupid and badly informed.[/quote]Unfortunately they can, and if from the US, usually are. There is a reason why there are programmes called Dumb America.. It is not so much their stupidity that is being shown, but their sheer lack of knowledge about not only the rest of the world but themselves. Watch any Tea Party or Sarah Palin get together and you will see a monumental level of ignorance. Supposedly large numbers of these people also claim to have been not only abducted by aliens, but ''interfered with''.  Perhaps this is what has happened to this poor fellow. It would explain a lot

[quote user="AllenWickerbasket"][quote user="morty"]Yeah this has to be a wind up.Nobody could be this intentionally stupid and badly informed.[/quote]Unfortunately they can, and if from the US, usually are. There is a reason why there are programmes called Dumb America.. It is not so much their stupidity that is being shown, but their sheer lack of knowledge about not only the rest of the world but themselves. Watch any Tea Party or Sarah Palin get together and you will see a monumental level of ignorance. Supposedly large numbers of these people also claim to have been not only abducted by aliens, but ''interfered with''.  Perhaps this is what has happened to this poor fellow. It would explain a lot[/quote]Maybe he is an alien, although I think an alien would be better informed.[;)]

Actually crawfish is easy to get over here and is delicious. The difference is, we use it''s correct name - Crayfish [;)]

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Kick it, there are way more than just one criticism of the US on here.

Why are you limeys like Til and elf so cowardly that you make anonymous threats on here,[/quote]What on earth are you on about ? Explain that remark if you can and point the threat out.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]Kick it, there are way more than just one criticism of the US on here.

Why are you limeys like Til and elf so cowardly that you make anonymous threats on here,[/quote]What on earth are you on about ? Explain that remark if you can and point the threat out. [/quote]Gordon Bennett I think he''s moved to Planet Looney now Til.  Explains a lot really.[;)]

Having spent most of yesterday with a fair few Americans from all different areas of the states and walks of life, it''s strange that such a fantastic bunch so proud of their nation and sport can hate each other so much in normal walk of life in their homeland.

I chatted to a guy from NY who was originally fro Chicago who was in love with London with its open and warm welcoming nature, he commented that some Americans could learn a lot from London, the mix of people and how everyone treated each other here!

That made me proud to say I am British by birth yet European by prarentage.

I love the whole day spent with great people from all over the globe, Germans, Dutch and a couple Aussies giving it to me over the rugby.

To be sure, America has its problems, as any country does. But I think that it is unfortunate that the first thing people think of when they hear "America" is a gun toting redneck sipping a Budweiser watching the Cowboys play (American) football in a trailer. Because that is not what the vast majority of America is like. For the most part, we are people that come from all walks of life, which is what America so diverse, and that is what makes our "traditions" and culture so unique. Now I want to say that as an American, I do NOT agree with everything Gopher has said, but I do see the points he''s trying to make with most of his arguments. Granted, they could be put and communicated in better, more clear and concise manner. All American politicians are not like Sarah Palin, most Americans think she''s a bit coo coo. And the "ideals" of the Tea Party and the far right wing conservatives is unfortunately the image of American politics that seems to get projected to the world, let me assure you they are very much on the outskirts of our ideals and beliefs on how a government should be run.

Nope got a lot of Jets, Jets, Jets! to me as I''m a Fins fan, have been since 85 and the golden age of Marino.

But have to say all of them mixed fatastically well, given the divisional game and given the mix of people it was a great day.

Did ask a few why it was called football when it was 95% throwing or handling, just got a few blank faces and its football!

[quote user="Indy"]Nope got a lot of Jets, Jets, Jets! to me as I''m a Fins fan, have been since 85 and the golden age of Marino.

But have to say all of them mixed fatastically well, given the divisional game and given the mix of people it was a great day.

Did ask a few why it was called football when it was 95% throwing or handling, just got a few blank faces and its football![/quote] Yeah, we don''t have much of a defense for that one. Although lots of people are aware that soccer=football. I''ve heard people describe soccer as football lots of times.

I''ve been lucky to have been to Houston for work, NY and Orlando for holidays and travelled to New Orleans and Tampa too, every time I have had nothing but fantastic fun with lots of nights out with a few Americans who are now friends.

I''ve been fortunate not to have seen any violence let alone stabbing someone or shootings. That said I have always stayed clear of areas I was told to avoid.

Given the size and population of America guns are a serious issue which should be more strictly controlled.

Have to say I love Americans who I''ve met, like all nationalities you have some troubled people! Just yours come with access to guns!

[quote user="Indy"]

Have to say I love Americans who I''ve met, like all nationalities you have some troubled people! Just yours come with access to guns![/quote]And, unfortunately, access to the Pinkun message board... [:D]I don''t know if I''ve ever seen one person defend themselves so vehemently against such an overwhelming weight of logic, irrefutable facts and common sense. A truly sensational effort.

Not so much sensational. as scary. Knowing that there are possibly millions out there, or in the US anyway who are just as ill infomed (dumb) and ignorant. A polulace who appear to lack the basic ability to look at something with even the most limited amount of rational thought. And a society that won''t come together to provide decent healthcare for all, but can come together to defend the continual mass slaughter of it''s children in schools.

[quote user="AllenWickerbasket"]Not so much sensational. as scary. Knowing that there are possibly millions out there, or in the US anyway who are just as ill infomed (dumb) and ignorant. A polulace who appear to lack the basic ability to look at something with even the most limited amount of rational thought. And a society that won''t come together to provide decent healthcare for all, but can come together to defend the continual mass slaughter of it''s children in schools.[/quote] If you don''t mind me asking sir, what do you mean by "but can come together to defend the continual mass slaughter of it''s children in schools"?

Exactly ^^^

It''s this type of hyperbolic nonsense that encourages me to respond with my own hyperbolic bravado.

Til, the thread started as a whinge about a harmless pm by one of your compatriots. I added you to my retort to include an example of the stereotype. I didn''t say you did it, only that people like you did. As a vastly intellectually superior Englishman, I''m surprised you didn''t get that.

As to nobody eating that gruel any more, there have been threads on here in recent years excitedly talking about such grim meals, so either they lied or you''re way out of touch.

America is where pizza became popular among nonItalians. Italian immigrants ate it and started selling it. We didn''t hijack it, we admired it, enjoyed it, and popularized it. You Euros ignored it until we delighted in it.

[quote user="AllenWickerbasket"]The NRA and its varied supporters.[/quote] Once again, the image that certain groups such as the NRA and the Tea Party give off is not what the majority of Americans think or believe.

What I love about all this is that from this month thousands of people in the uk will be buying explosives with potassium which is an absolute nightmare to the fire service, hospitals and pets, causes shed loads of damage and injuries and if we were to ban these sales the UK would be up in arms!

Now I''m not saying it''s the same but in perspective you can''t buy dynamite without license yet you can buy as many fireworks as your van can carry! Daft or what?

[quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"][quote user="AllenWickerbasket"]The NRA and its varied supporters.[/quote] Once again, the image that certain groups such as the NRA and the Tea Party give off is not what the majority of Americans think or believe.[/quote] I don''t think I said they were. Which is why I specifically mentioned them.