Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Straw Poll: Premier league final position

Its about weak personalities. There are people here who have been predicting we will go down all season, not because they truly believe it, but because it softens the blow for them if it happens.Look out for the folks who post things like "I think we''ll get beaten, but I hope I''m wrong". Its like a little reverse psychology game with themselves.

I often wonder why things are what they are. Perhaps they aren''t what they seem. But bumping this thread with four games to go absolutely reeks of "can''t wait"...

A bit harsh on most fans there Morty, in all reality we can all hope we win the next four games but we all know it''s very unlikely!

The same for those of us who said from the start that 17th would be a great achievement for the club and if we stay up AN deserves to be classed as a great young manager.

Hell its been a very good season, we''ve been outside the bottom three most of the season, won some good games and unfortunately lost some we deserved to get something out of. Then the Liverpool & Newcastle games were emotionally knackering, but what an atmosphere at both games!

[quote user="Indy"]A bit harsh on most fans there Morty, in all reality we can all hope we win the next four games but we all know it''s very unlikely!

The same for those of us who said from the start that 17th would be a great achievement for the club and if we stay up AN deserves to be classed as a great young manager.

Hell its been a very good season, we''ve been outside the bottom three most of the season, won some good games and unfortunately lost some we deserved to get something out of. Then the Liverpool & Newcastle games were emotionally knackering, but what an atmosphere at both games![/quote]I wasn''t talking about most fans, surely thats obvious?

[quote user="Mr Jenkins"]I can''t understand why you would ever say something like that.[/quote] Someone might say it if they believed that root and branch off-field change is needed for the club to progress and recover what they see as its rightful long-term position in the top half of the EPL. Any success under the current regime lessens the likelihood of change; failure in contrast might be the catalyst for it. Purely hypothetical of course .........

Being totally realistic 18th or 19th is looking an odds on bet.However in my dreams I saw Snowy the cat waiting at the end of a long corridor. Don''t know what it means but perhaps its a sign.

westcoastcanary wrote the following post at 21/04/2016 1:03 PM:

Mr Jenkins wrote:

I can''t understand why you would ever say something like that.

Someone might say it if they believed that root and branch off-field change is needed for the club to progress and recover what they see as its rightful long-term position in the top half of the EPL. Any success under the current regime lessens the likelihood of change; failure in contrast might be the catalyst for it. Purely hypothetical of course .........

That scenario stretches the definition of "fan" a bit too far for me!

No doors off that corridor Ricardo? If notI would suggest that we are only heading one way - and thats where snowy comes in as to whether thats a good or bad omen. Perhaps Snowy is just comfort at the end of an unfortunate outcome

Sadly, I''m with Ricardo that we will rather disappointingly finish in 18th/19th. But at the moment we still stand a chance to spring our own luck - we just need to actually take our chances...