Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Straw Poll: Premier league final position

A straw poll  after 4 games in?...ok  as its just for fun. Recent years for City to finish  18th with 33 points. Why break with tradition, lets go with that.

struggle to identify 3 weaker squads than ours so going for 18th with watford and Sunderland below us. Could all change for the better if Mbokani manages to hit the ground running

Pointless speculation after 4 games.if we are less than a point per game after 12 matches we will be pretty much nailed on certainties for the drop.

Jim Hacker looking rather optimistic....
32 votes cast
9 relegation votes
23 for various degrees of safety

Position Who Total
4th Jim Hacker 1
5th    
6th    
7th    
8th Herman 1
9th    
10th    
11th Lappin 1
12th Fuzzar 1
13th Swindon 1
14th LDC, Howie, Gray

Hump, Wooster
15th Bor, Crabby,

Yorkshire Pud
16th Ron, Hogesar, Morty,

Dead Canary, Lessingham (worst case), Crafty
17th Parma, Indy, Paul

Moy, Broadstairs, Salopian (optimistic), Mr Angry
18th Van Wink, Frank,

Ruthers, Essjayess,Yorkshire
19th Highland, Splutcho,

Wiz
20th FCC 1

[quote user="ricardo"]Pointless speculation after 4 games.if we are less than a point per game after 12 matches we will be pretty much nailed on certainties for the drop.[/quote]
Of course it''s speculation Ricardo, I''m interested in people''s gut feelings at this stage after the summer transfer window and on the basis of what we''ve seen so far.
Can you mix Prozac and Peroni?

Slight correction for you Bor, I''m fairly confident of a top half finish which means 10th or above. If I''m tied down to one spot I''ll say 9th (slightly less optimistic than Herman). [;)]

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="ricardo"]Pointless speculation after 4 games.if we are less than a point per game after 12 matches we will be pretty much nailed on certainties for the drop.[/quote]
Of course it''s speculation Ricardo, I''m interested in people''s gut feelings at this stage after the summer transfer window and on the basis of what we''ve seen so far.
Can you mix Prozac and Peroni?
[/quote]No mate, never make a forecast on the basis of wishful thinking nor under the influence of drugs and alcohol. We will know where we are after a dozen games and we will be there soon enough.I approach this season as every season with a little bit of hope tempered with a certain measure of fear. I hope we will be good enough and I fear we won''t be.So somewhere between 12th and 20th is as far as I will go for now.[:D]

I''ll average that out to 16th Ricardo [B]
I think of this more as an emotional barometer than science per se... most of the people prepared to take a punt so far think we will stay up, but it''s interesting to gauge opinion - however unscientific/subjective/meaningless :-)

Giving us false hope with a decent run during the festive period, then complete capitulation for the final few games and agonisingly just missing out:

18th

Splutcho nailed it on the head for me. Tough league, and we ship too many goals against the teams in and around our standard. 19th placed finish. Not enough squad depth.

66.7% stay up
33.3% relegated
39 predictions entered

Position Who Total
4th Jim Hacker (sarcasm

alert)
5th    
6th    
7th    
8th Herman 1
9th Lappin 1
10th Smiley 1
11th    
12th Fuzzar 1
13th Swindon 1
14th LDC, Howie, Gray

Hump, Wooster, Daz
15th Bor, Crabby,

Yorkshire Pud
16th Ron, Hogesar, Morty,

Dead Canary, Lessingham (worst case), Crafty, Ricardo (fence)
17th Parma, Indy, Paul

Moy, Broadstairs, Salopian (optimistic), Mr Angry
18th Van Wink, Frank,

Ruthers, Essjayess,Yorkshire, Alchemist
19th Highland, Splutcho,

Wiz, Dibbler, Green & Yellow, Seattle
20th FCC (sarcasm alert) 1

I seriously see us being nicknamed Colander City through the goals we''re going to leak [:(]20th [:(][:@][:(]

I can see the 14th-18th spots being very close this year, where even just an extra point or goal difference could easily equate to a place in the table (or two). I''m pretty sure we will be in this zone.

I''ll say bang in the middle and go for 16th.