Sign in to follow this  
STAN

Howson 4 year contract!

Nice to have a few players that want to stick around!

Howson, Johnson, Ruddy, Martin, Ryan Bennett, Elliot Bennett and Wes all on the verge of becoming modern day football veterans.

Testament to Lambert that we''ve got so many of his signings from 4, 5 and 6 years ago still in the squad despite us having 3 different managers since his departure.

Great news. Fantastic box to box midfielder but who can also be used as an advanced midfielder. Will be a big player for us along with Redmond I think

Wotz your point Stan? Soundz to me like that u are biiging up Lambert;s signings to the detriment of everything that has gone on since,

Come on, out with wot u really think. Stan the man.

U don''t like much about anything really. U don''t like today u don''t like tomorrow. I don;t know why u bother to wake up, I really don''t. Give it a rest, mate this is 2015 not 2005.

Whatever.

Pleased with this, good player who''s sadly underrated by some but is a good compenent of our midfield and often missed when unavailable.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]Wotz your point Stan? Soundz to me like that u are biiging up Lambert;s signings to the detriment of everything that has gone on since,

U don''t like much about anything really. U don''t like today u don''t like tomorrow. I don;t know why u bother to wake up, I really don''t. Give it a rest, mate this is 2015 not 2005.

Whatever.[/quote]This is fantastic stuff. I think more posters should offer their opinions while under the influence of psychotropic drugs.

Actually it''s a bit odd seeing as he had three years still left, so just added another for a hefty increase!

Not being negative but why is the question?

Great news, I seriously believe he will be our future Captain and will play for England, expect a big season from him.

Indy wrote the following post at 06/08/2015 9:18 PM:

Actually it''s a bit odd seeing as he had three years still left, so just added another for a hefty increase!

Not being negative but why is the question?

Maybe we''ve got some spare cash sloshing around.

Good, our best player by a mile. He has everything and if he was more consistent would play for a Champions league team. thrilled with this!

My favorite NCFC player has signed a contract till 2019 :D fu(k yeah!!

How son is a top player and great for us no doubt, will be key to us this year, but still baffles me that we gave a 27 year old another year on top of the three he already has.....why waste the money at this point?

It''s not like he had a couple years or is 21! Just don''t get this.

Still great for Howson.

maybe another team have been trying their luck so we offered him a new deal or maybe he has a clause to match highest earner ??

good player but does not get enough goals to play for England !!!

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Rock The Boat"]Wotz your point Stan? Soundz to me like that u are biiging up Lambert;s signings to the detriment of everything that has gone on since,

Whatever.[/quote]This is fantastic stuff. I think more posters should offer their opinions while under the influence of psychotropic drugs.[/quote]

I''m heavily under the influence currently and I can remain coherant, what a lightweight Stan is!

Howson is still our best player imo but certainly our most under rated player objectively. I love how we would have killed for a player of his quality 5 years ago but he basically goes unnoticed now

"Great news, I seriously believe he will be our future Captain and will play for England, expect a big season from him."

Totally agree Dubai. Not sure about him being on the national squad but I fully support him being Captain sooner rather than later.

[quote user="E.L.F."]"Great news, I seriously believe he will be our future Captain and will play for England, expect a big season from him."

Totally agree Dubai. Not sure about him being on the national squad but I fully support him being Captain sooner rather than later.[/quote]

Refreshing comments. Not once has he been referred to as "lazy" or "lightweight". Great player for us. Sheer quality.

Echo all the other comments. Excellent news. Sheer quality yet often overlooked.

Would hope he really pushes on this season.

Excellent player. He always gives 100 percent and is a true professional.

As mentioned before, Nathan Redmond is surely the next one on the list. If we get relegated this season, he will only have 1 year remaining on his contract - leaving us in weak position during transfer negotiations.

I have a feeling he might get called up to the England squad this season too.....

Brilliant news. Howson is an absolute class player and I imagine this has come about due to a lot of interest in him over the summer. Pure quality when on the ball and has scored some cracking goals for us. Hoping for another at the Ethiad this season

[quote user="Indy"]How son is a top player and great for us no doubt, will be key to us this year, but still baffles me that we gave a 27 year old another year on top of the three he already has.....why waste the money at this point?

It''s not like he had a couple years or is 21! Just don''t get this.

Still great for Howson.[/quote]

Maybe because of the number of clubs that covet him and have been sniffing round trying to prise him away. He seldom gets the headlines, but he''s a player many others would like in their team.

[quote user="norfolkngood"]good player but does not get enough goals to play for England !!![/quote]Never stopped them picking Heskey or Milner, so why should Howson be any different?

Happy to keep quality at the club, and reward the loyalty shown by some of our team.

Would like to keep the backbone of this squad together.