Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Peppercorn rent...

Just seen this and it looks like West Ham are getting a cracking deal. This has a large whiff of something to it. [url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33780720[/url]

Me too Swindon, looks like they''re going out of the Europa league at the moment. I really think they will struggle this year, the fans wanted Big Sam out and they got Billic, be careful what you wish for!

[quote user="Vanwink"]They''ve lost their soul.[/quote]Maybe, but they could gain an unfair advantage over other teams, especially the less well off ones like us.

Herman wrote the following post at 06/08/2015 8:05 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

They''ve lost their soul.

Maybe, but they could gain an unfair advantage over other teams, especially the less well off ones like us.

They may well do.

Swansea''s ground was part paid for by EU funding I believe, not sure whether Man City paid the market price for their stadium?

This West Ham thing is rediculous though.

This always gets me and how the FA and everything else panders to West Ham. Dodgy player dealings to boot. The country does not owe them anything and should pay their own way but always seem to get away with anything and everything.

Government needs to release the dealings behind this farce as is clearly benefiting a club that doesn''t need financial help - although I hope they get sold out but that band of bandits and wreck the club.

Rant over.

They are doing cheap tickets though. A family season ticket (2 adults 2 children) for £730 which is a more than fair price.

I think I would be against the deal they''re getting but I''ve just moved to to Bow so after they make the move I will take advantage of the cheap premiership football if they''re not at home same day as Norwich which I will always travel back to the motherland for

The question has to be asked, would they do the tickets so cheaply if they had to pay their real way and not subsidised by Joe Publics pocket? They know they have to get x% filled to make it look credible. I read a month ago they are also giving free tickets to locals to help bulk out the crowd to.

It''s very suspect and questionable. You look at Chelsea and Spurs and their rebuilding plans. Arsenal went through it. Why should WH be given a free ticket compared to other equal or lesser clubs in London? They should pay, simple as. They''re not short (apart from any money owed to Sheff Utd and others)

The whole situation stinks to high heaven, and if this was a club like Chelsea or Man City with their billionaire foreign owners there''d be complete uproar, but apparently because it''s West Ham we''re meant to turn a blind eye and even feel sorry for them - stuff that.Get a full inquiry going and make them pay the going rate just like every other club has to.

You have to feel sorry for the likes of Leyton Orient...Actually, you don''t, but you know what I mean.