Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

To put it into perspective

i dont think city were outclassed by a better team today, the ref and linesman had more to do with itbut in answer to the question the reason is that the board hired the wrong manager and then didnt sack him anywhere near early enough

Got it in one KC.

London is a big draw to players. Live there or somewhere they might never have been to before and is a place perceived as being somewhere in the middle of a field?

Its like if I was offered a job in Italy-would I rather work in Rome/Milan-or Livorno/Foggia?

Simplistic logic I know but I''d head for the former everytime-even though the other two Cities might be rare beauties themselves.

Players hear Crystal Palace and think London. They hear Norwich and think how far is it from London?

So Stan, you''d have sacked the Manager who got us here?

Yep, that sort of policy would really attract a decent successor, not to mention a whole host of better players!

Yep! International players/managers are more likely to recognise the name London than Norwich.

But then again, the Premier League is still a big draw in itself.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]So Stan, you''d have sacked the Manager who got us here?

Yep, that sort of policy would really attract a decent successor, not to mention a whole host of better players![/quote]im talking about chris hughton read the questionthen the answerit will make more sense ;)

Well to me it pretty obvious. Palace have invested heavily in their team for this season, the most important one to stay up in ever, with the promise of increased rewards for next year.

We, on the other hand have decided prudence before ambition yet again. Plus the fact that should the CEO go over his budget he would lose his bonus, which, IMO is more important to him than the club!

It''s going to be a very long season and this is just the start! Hate the Prem and all that it stands for, 37 games to go!

The majority of posters on here have for the last three seasons identified a glaring weakness in the quality of our defence yet the board/manager have done little to address this issue. We sign Norman from Liverpool but don''t play him today. If he is not better than the starting defence why the feck did we sign him.

Looking forward to next week.....not!

Fair point Stan.

Fucking pissed off, red mist, lash out....

This bloody football team of ours!!

And yes, spot on re.Hughton.

Hang on a minute. In reply to OP, Palace were heading down big time last season, whilst we were on the up under AN.

Pardew has turned them round and all credit to him. But for dodgy refeering (yet again!) we were going pound for pund with Palace!

Palace are in their 3rd season back in this league. We have been in this league four out of the last five seasons, yet our squad is nowhere as quality filled as theirs. They are pushing for Europe, and in our 3rd season we were still trying to stay up. Something has to change with our ambition on the pitch.