Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Lewis Grabban

As i said last season, he is the worst finisher i''ve ever seen in 25 years at Carrow Road. Amazing how many clear cut chances he misses. Yes he works hard and has good movement but that just isn''t enough. Alex Neil hasn''t made many mistakes but persisting with Grabban will prove to be one of them.

AGree that Grabban has great pace and good work-rate, but when you''re playing as a lone striker you have to put your chances away. Grabban won''t have that luxury at this level.

Why isn''t Jerome playing?

Totally agree. He scores goals that''s not the issue but he will take 4 or 5 clear cut chances before he scores which we can''t afford in the premier league. Hopefully we will sell him and find a better replacement.

I certainly agree that Brady should be playing Left Mid - when will olhsson be back?

Norwich have had 64% possession though going into half time

oh dear. that has nothing to with which league we are in,he just missed an open goal. imagine if rvw had done that.

we need a new striker as proven by the spare number nine shirt.

Bristol Canary we said he couldn''t afford to do that in this league. In the championship he got away with it because we could create numerous opportunities but it''s much harder to do that in the premier league. But I agree that he shouldn''t be missing chance like that anywhere!

Agree with much of what has been posted here. Grabban tries very hard and is a willing runner but he lacks Premiership quality in terms of the time he needs. Plus he converts maybe 1 in 5. It makes him decent in an attacking team but the Prem will not be so kind. Hopefully our strong midfield can brings goals. The best thing about where we are is that Neil is a good thinker and strategist it would seem. We will get better. Still 1-1 prediction for me. Jerome scoring!

That was meant for Koroma!

Henners you are right about the difference in opportunities but I would be ashamed to miss that. The pixilation on my stream showed it going in!

Grabban is no striker and Brady is no left back. Team doesn''t look too bad but Jerome and Redmond need to be on the pitch if we are to get anything from this.

Asking for Toffolo to start is a bit much, you can''t just throw him in amongst premier league players - if he performed badly he''d get ripped to shreds by the fans. Brady the best option at left back. I would like to see what he can do further forward once Olsson is fit though.

As for Grabban... got to score. Simple as. Jerome on soon please, I assume he wasn''t fit enough to last 90 minutes so didn''t start.

Eddie Howe knew what''re was doing. Selling him to us for around £3m, then buying his replacement for around £1m from Coventry ( Callum Wilson) who scored over 20 goals last year. The pundits have said that Wilson will do well in the PL.

grabban will be out fourth striker

Jerome, new guy and hooper ahead of him. Ricky is the enigma, but grabban has proved again today his level, Bournemouth fans said it when he arrived and now Norwich fans have seen it.

I said most of last season he was not that great and unfortunately in this league you may only get two chances in a game like the two he had today.

The one that was offside you still put away and the miss he had is one where he has now moved himself into that fourth striker option. A good manager may be able to lift a good players play by 5-10% but grabban will always be a striker who has many more chances than goals.

He is a champ striker and he will be fourth choice, but it is just his level. He will get chances this year to play, with injuries suspensions etc but it''s a step too far.

Pathetic!

Give the guy a break! He missed a great chance - get over it, or do we have to pick on a player every time we lose?

He worked hard for the team, and did his best. Then people come on hear whining we can''t attract players to the club - not surprised when the fans get on your back at every opportunity.

Get on his case, he gets nervous, and misses more - and you have your self fulfilling prophecy.

I hope he gets the winner next week - anyway AN rates him, and that''s good enough for me!

We can bemoan the lack of transfer activity all we like......but when we dont even field the best team at our disposal from the squad we do have then thats a pretty inexcusible self inflicted wound.

There can barely have been any club embarking on a premier league campaign with such a weak a strikeforce as Grabban as a lone striker.....the opposition probably cant believe their luck when they see us lining up that that.

Jerome (and for that matter Redmond) should blatantly have started today......and if not starting Jerome should certainly have come on at half time whilst it was 0-1.....to allow the came to go to 0-2 before making that change was bloody criminal.

Jerome is the ONLY striker on our books with a chance of being a threat in this league playing in the system that Alex Neil favours.....another to share his load is crucial, and I would suggest this week.

AN preferred to use Jerome as an impact sub already last season, as his pace worked well against tiring defenses. This tactics could have easily worked today, if a) Grabban took his chance, b) we did not concede, c) if Jerome''s good goal was allowed - not mentioning the penalty. It was quite remarkable how we began to dominate when the speed duo came on, and even that 25 minutes could have been enough to turn it around with better refereeing.

65% possession in the first half, can''t see that happening too regularly this season, we have to get some sort of return from a stat like that.

I''m conflicted on Grabban, on the one hand I can appreciate the work he does for the team but then like today it''s frustrating when he doesn''t take his chances. In the prem I think you''ve either got to be a superb finisher or you need the ability to make something out of nothing and for me Grabban doesn''t match either of those criteria. Sometimes I think the only reason AN picks him is to give Cam a kick up the arse to force him to do as much work for the team as Grabban does.