Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Welcome to the PL with Conference refs

1st game in the Prem! Hope its his fecking last!

Seemed strange to overrule the goal scored by Jerome which would have made it 2-0.

There seemed no other way to go for that ball except for the way that Jerome went for it and he scored.

Is the rule that goals can''t be scored with a high foot?

[quote user="Carra Rud"]Rest assured if Rooney (or... insert any golden boy) did it, it would have stood. Total and utter bollox.[/quote]Didn''t see your post before I started a thread on this - great minds think alike

People need to wake up and stop making excuses. Last time in the PL fans often rued being so close to getting a point and ended up blaming the referee. But in truth we weren''t good enough.We''re still lumbered with many of the same players that got us relegated last time. We''ve again failed to back the manager in the transfer market.Now it''s a case of a long, long wait to be relegated.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Carra Rud"]Rest assured if Rooney (or... insert any golden boy) did it, it would have stood. Total and utter bollox.[/quote]Didn''t see your post before I started a thread on this - great minds think alike[/quote]Yep true, though! That ref was so out of his depth today. The lads gave it 100% and the scoreline made it look easy... livid!

[quote user="juicy plams"]People need to wake up and stop making excuses. Last time in the PL fans often rued being so close to getting a point and ended up blaming the referee. But in truth we weren''t good enough.We''re still lumbered with many of the same players that got us relegated last time. We''ve again failed to back the manager in the transfer market.Now it''s a case of a long, long wait to be relegated.[/quote]Were you "watching" it on the radio by any chance?

I''m not even sure if you can put the dissallowed goal down to bad refreeing. There can be only one reason why a ref would dissallow a goal like that , and thats if he simlpy doesnt want to give Norwich a goal, be it through some personal reason or other?

Some referees could do with reminding that football is an entertainment business and it''s the players we''re paying our money to watch and not them. Even if it was a high boot (it wasn''t) the Palace player was fine and nobody was complaining. Let the players play.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I''m not even sure if you can put the dissallowed goal down to bad refreeing. There can be only one reason why a ref would dissallow a goal like that , and thats if he simlpy doesnt want to give Norwich a goal, be it through some personal reason or other?[/quote]

Maybe we upset him by suggesting he didn''t know what he was doing after letting 20 minutes of typical Murray thuggery go unpunished only to book Tettey for his first foul on the guy who had more rolls than Greggs.

[quote user="Carra Rud"][quote user="juicy plams"]People need to wake up and stop making excuses. Last time in the PL fans often rued being so close to getting a point and ended up blaming the referee. But in truth we weren''t good enough.We''re still lumbered with many of the same players that got us relegated last time. We''ve again failed to back the manager in the transfer market.Now it''s a case of a long, long wait to be relegated.[/quote]Were you "watching" it on the radio by any chance?[/quote]You might laugh now but the chances of us staying up with our bargain bucket squad are extremely thin. We''re bound to hear about bad refs and be cursing our luck all season long, but we are simply NOT good enough.

[quote user="juicy plams"]You might laugh now but the chances of us staying up with our bargain bucket squad are extremely thin. We''re bound to hear about bad refs and be cursing our luck all season long, but we are simply NOT good enough.[/quote]
We''re hearing about bad refs now because there were two demonstrably poor decisions which could have lead to at least one and possibly two goals for us. Or is it your contention that the quality of refereeing is inversely proportional to the strength of one''s squad?

[quote user="Russell Martin Peanut Smuggler"][quote user="juicy plams"]You might laugh now but the chances of us staying up with our bargain bucket squad are extremely thin. We''re bound to hear about bad refs and be cursing our luck all season long, but we are simply NOT good enough.[/quote]
We''re hearing about bad refs now because there were two demonstrably poor decisions which could have lead to at least one and possibly two goals for us. Or is it your contention that the quality of refereeing is inversely proportional to the strength of one''s squad?
[/quote]It''s about perception. Those that think we''re the bees knees will curse the ref and claim that we''re unlucky. Those who understand that we''re not good enough will realise that we need to make our own luck so that we don''t need to worry too much about referees.We need to get rid of the dead wood and buy at least two more quality players.

Of course some people will want to make excuses for a poor performance, but that''s not what happened today. I understand that over the course of a season every team suffers or benefits from poor decisions, but that doesn''t alter the fact that today we were on the receiving end and it cost us a goal and a penalty.
The point is that if you reverse those poor decisions we''re looking at a win or a draw and I doubt there would be the level of negativity about the quality of the squad on here that we''re seeing today.
I agree we need to add more quality if we can but nobody is using the poor refereeing as an excuse; we had more possession and created more chances than Palace, so all things being equal from the officials we deserved at least a point.

Did you go Juicy Plams?

Did you see or hear what Pardew said?

When an opposing manager comes out and says he picked the wrong team and Norwich were excellent, then I think it''s hard for us novices to question that. It wasn''t just the first 20 mins, im sure if you look at the stats (easy to find) we have 65% possession and the was more play in their third than ours.

We didn''t take our chances but no-one (who was there) can question whether the poor standard of red cost us at least a point.

Only someone who didn''t watch the game today could so casually dismiss the significance of the referees performance.

Yes we need a couple of quality signings, but that''s not why we lost today.

Yes RTTB I was at the game today but felt the same as the motd pundits ie we were good in spells but lacking in defence and not ruthless enough up front.Alan Shearer had it spot on when he highlighted our weaknesses as being typical of newly promoted teams. Blame the ref if you must but you cannot deny we missed good chances and fell asleep at the back.Our PL experience seemed to count for nothing today almost certainly because we weren''t very good when we were there previously.

So far whilst he''s been a city, AN has proven himself to be a very quick learner and hasn''t made the same mistakes twice. Rest assured he will be fuming at the errors for their goals and will have learnt a lot about the way to play in the PL.

I''m disappointed but not discouraged. The ref likely cost us at least a point as the goal simply should have stood but I''m sure ANs focus will be on the sloppy errors and getting that no9 in.

He''s going to get away with mtach fixing and he''s laughing at all of us.

The club should pursue us.

He was cheating. If his legal Representatives are reading this I''ll happily go to court with them. The cheating (unt fixed the game.

He''s a scumbag, ugly little sh!t, a cheating little (unt. Hope you enjoy your payoff, won''t help the fact you''re a short, ugly bald guy.

I''d be interested to know how much he was paid, it would take a pretty reasonable amount to make me fix a footrball match that so many 1000''s pay so much of their hard earned money to enjoy. I bet thiscorrupt, little sh!t did it for pennies to make him feel important.

I can''t describe how much I want to cave the corrupt (unts head in