Sign in to follow this  
Rackheath Fan

Are the Board milking us

When we only have the money raised from the sale of players and savings on their wages to spend on new players, to get a 10% discount on purchases from the club shops you used to have to spend £10, now its been raised to £15.00. It seems that the board are  battening down the hatches, surely to get back up to the premiership we should be able to find the money to spend at least double the amount raised so far.it seems penny pinching around to me.

rackheath

To be fair to the club it was at the £10 limit for many years, and be honest, what can you get for £10 these days?  It will be interesting to see how many fans are decked out in the new shirt come august 6, usually a good indication of how the merchandise side is doing.  Norwich City are in a (i suspect) much envied position by other clubs - we have a demand which exceeds supply, i bet they wish they could magic another 10,000 seats from somewhere, so to make up for it they are cutting back on savings?  Too cynical?  Probably. 

In my opinion, and only mine I hasten to add, there isn''t much in the shop worth buying anyway, save your pennies for a few away matches instead    you might not be directly contributing to the club in this way, but the team will thank you for your support

I have to say that when I went into the Norwich shop at the weekend I noticed that members are now given only 5% discount, with a lot of the members on the season ticket waiting list (me included) I dont think this is fair!

Many clubs give no discounts at all, so "milking us" is a bit extreme.  We all have a choice of whether we buy anything or not.

Of course the club is milking the fans.

Football clubs are businesses and fans are customers. The club wants our money otherwise it will fold like any other business.

Ticket prices for football matches (particularly in the championship) are ridiculously expensive, but this is because there is enough demand from the customers / fans.

Where there is demand, there will be high prices, even where there is competition - have a look at your mobile phone bill then work out how much you give orange / vodafone etc a year and tell me the prices aren''t expensive. But, very few people can live without a mobile phone - the companies know this. Norwich City knows that the customers / fans can''t live without the mighty canaries and all the glorious merchandise, so the prices and ''discounts'' will not favour the fan.

:

Since its move away from primarily a Sporting benefit to the community; Business Football has laid itself bare upon the alter of Mammon.

Until such time as Footballers wages are capped relative to the League position; final table position; soccer will continue to shaft the erstwhile fan; an unfortunate sign of (Modern sic) times.

[quote]Since its move away from primarily a Sporting benefit to the community; Business Football has laid itself bare upon the alter of Mammon. Until such time as Footballers wages are capped relative to th...[/quote]

They should be capped and wages linked purely to their gate income I feel.

That way the success of any club relates largely to it''s supporters interest.