Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Norwich vs Palace - Match Thread

A thread for those who unfortunately are not able to get to the game today, myself included.

Here''s the city 11;

Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin (c), Bassong, Brady; Howson, Dorrans, Tettey, Johnson; Hoolahan; Grabban

So as expected really with Brady fitting in at right back and Whittaker preferred to Wisdom against Palace''s pacey wingers - ho hum!

Dorrans replaces Mulumbu in the middle, and Grabban starts ahead of Jerome up top. Redmond will surely come off the bench to wreck havoc in the second half.

Subs; Rudd (GK), Wisdom, Jerome, Hooper, Redmond, R Bennett, O''Neil.

Redmond on the bench, would have preferred him to start tbh.

Would prefer Wisdom to Whittaker. Very worried about pace of Palace I have to say. Prefer Jerome too but maybe not 100% fit. Usual nerves ore match for me. Trust AN.

This kind of ruins LDC''s "Redmond at the Double" thread. Actually, it pretty much self-imploded, but it does make his prognostication look even more ridiculous.

Does anyone know what "at the double" means?

On topic, I''d have gone with Jerome to start up front.

I''d have gone for jerome as well, but not had solid pre season.

Must admit, I''d underestimated Palaca and didn''t really like how good there squad. They''ve got serious firepower and goals in that team AND bench!

Might be wise to keep it solid with Howson, Johnson and Johnson.

No RVW in squad, not surprised but paying him a lot of money to sit in the stands (or at home?!?)

Apologies, loads of typos via auto correct!

Didn''t realise how good Palace''s squad was is what I meant!

Oh and Howson, Johnson and dorrans to keep it solid.

Revamped website but still no edit button ???!?!

Lets be realistic guys, Palace have invested a lot and are probably expecting a top-half finish this year. They have a lot of pace on the wings so we need to bolster the midfield to thwart them. Would rather have seen Jerome, but Grabban''s tracking down should at least tire them out for a second half introduction of Redmond and Jerome!

Grabban should have put us a goal up, simple as that. The game would have a different dynamic had that been the case. We''ve played okay though, without really creating anything.

Instant response from AN to bring on Redders and Jerome for Grabban and the unfortunate Tettey.

#maybetheyshouldhavestarted...

Alex Neil got it badly wrong today not starting with Jerome and Redmond. May aswell play with 10 men than start Lewis Grabban. In fairness to him though his options are limited, we have the worst squad in the league.

Was Jerome not fully fit to start?

Would be interesting to see Toffolo start LB next match if Olhsson isn''t fit.

Also perhaps Redmond should be starting RM with Brady starting LM

It will now be 13 seasons since we last won the opening game of the season. At least we won''t be bottom so long as we don''t concede anymore and Sunderland fail to score.

Our usual premiership failings of failing to score enough and unable to keep enough clean sheets are apparent again. Shame we have so far failed to address these weaknesses this transfer window.

Let''s not forget nobody scored more goals than us in the champ last year, and we had the 3rd best defence record. That doesn''t change overnight, sadly just not at the races today

The premier league is a totally different class to the championship. Our record in the championship means zilch so far as the premier league is concerned.

We will need to put away clear cut chances and not hope that goals like the one Redmond has just put away occur regularly.

We shouldn''t panic, as it''s now 13 seasons without an opening day win.

But no RVW even on the bench, and a harsh reality check for AN. We need a quality CB and a quality striker who can score. Sorry everyone but Jerome and Hooper are far better finishers at this level.

Hopefully Jerome will be fully fit, but said it last year, and will say it again, this league will show up Grabban terribly for a poor finisher (& that could cost us a lot of games if he starts!)