Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Are City Broke?.

Now you all know I don''t trust the Board, never have and never will!.

But with the lack of transfer activity, hell, we can''t even field a full team for Dereham. I ask the question, are City broke?.

Jonson, now appears to be going, Nigel has only brought in free transfers and doesn''t appear to be going after anyone (Taylor now going to Wigan) I think something is up.

And its not going to be pleasent.

Worthy said the other day he would love to bring Taylor to Norwich if he could and we all know that would be at least £1 mil so there must be some money either saved or hes waiting to sell jonson or francis

We usually sign people quite late in the off season, infact if memory serves me we signed eddy the day before the season started!

Although Im a bit worried that we are putting too much of the premiership money into settling debts etc

[quote]Now you all know I don''t trust the Board, never have and never will!. But with the lack of transfer activity, hell, we can''t even field a full team for Dereham. I ask the question, are City broke?. ...[/quote]

I meant to add, that the first sign of any smelliness, will be if Hucks is sold.

They wouldn''t......would they?.  

Wiz - I doubt we are broke, our board have done a magnificent job managing the finances over the last few seasons. Hucks won''t be sold, I would lay money on it.

Just because we haven''t signed anybody for a fee doesn''t mean we won''t, there is still time. We can never tell from the board or Worthy exactly who they are after, but if they were after Taylor, it would prove we have money to spend and if he does end up at Wigan, you can hardly blame anyone for that!

There are a lot of nervous people around, it does look like the summer transfer market isn''t going our way, but there is still time! Worthy can''t force players to sign, its just life that the better players who we are likely targetting are also likely being targetted by Premiership clubs. We all knew it was going to be an especially important summer in the transfer market, losing Svenny/Helveg/Jonson (if confirmed) will be a huge blow, but lets judge how well we have done on 6th August. Worrying won''t help!

Doncaster said in edp a while ago

"Everything you earn is yours to spend"

can we take this mean, that Nigel has to sell to spend and that there isn''t a transfer kitty ?
Surely this does encourage the sale of players and laying the blame of the fans on Nigel''s doorstep and not the board or yourself. Making Nigel the villan ?

Dont be ridiculous.

We all know that Doncaster, etc run the ship in the right way, and that does not mean we are heading for financial ruin, or we are "broke".

Doncaster has mentioned before, as somebody has mentioned, that funds are there, but you have to remember that the club "smashed" their transfer record to bring in Ashton last year. A big gamble, which did not pay off, although he is still here (thank god!)

So far, we have savings in the wages of Helveg (must have been a fair old whack), Mulryne (ditto), Jonson (it appears), Edworthy, Stuart, Holt and Bentley.

Against that, we have Jarrett, Louis Jean and Thorne in the side.

Plus, Francis is still uncertain, personally I think he will go at the eleventh hour with Primus coming here, plus we will see some other activity. Would not be at all suprised to see at least one other signing, possibly two, before the deadline.

Who in our division has spent big this summer?

My personal hope is that both Andy Johnson and Peter Crouch are sold. Effectively, both teams are over reliant on one player, and that can do us no harm at all.

I have to be honest Wiz, I had not considered this as being a possibility (I assumed we would have around £2M to spend) but recent events suggest that there may be more in your wizardly surmises than meets the eye.........if Francis & Green don''t leave then where is the money going to come from? On a more depressing note - Worthy is apparently looking at a Swedish striker - why?............unless Deano is to be sold, gulp!

No we are not broke.  We have sold 20,000 Season tickets at an average price of £200 thats £4m been added since March.

Let''s face it 1W you''re real disappointment is that you can''t wait to criticise the next signing. Just be patient you''ll probably get your chance to crticise quite a few as they arrive. Of course we''re down in numbers but the good ones are still with us.

[quote]I have to be honest Wiz, I had not considered this as being a possibility (I assumed we would have around £2M to spend) but recent events suggest that there may be more in your wizardly surmises than ...[/quote]

Nigel virtually said at Dereham last night, that they were trying to juggle money to see if there was any free for bringing players in.

The club IMO, is to all intent and purpose, skint!.

Someone really should come clean here. Its not fair on us supporters.

Brace yourselves, there will be no major additions to the squad unless our good players are sold first.

And that includes Hucks and Ashton.

Its Ipswich, all over again!.

I know nothing about financial matters, but I cant see how our club can be broke, having been lucky enough to pick up a £25 million windfall from Sky TV last season. Maybe some of this vast wealth has not dropped into the coffers just yet, therefore the club has a slight temporary cashflow problem - but I ask again, how can they be broke? Additionally, don''t City qualify for parachute payments of £6 million for 2 seasons?

we are not broke ok? Why would worthy want to get Taylor. Also, Worth has always said we have no money. He also said he wanted to bring in a certain amount of players not all of them will be free

[quote]Nigel virtually said at Dereham last night, that they were trying to juggle money to see if there was any free for bringing players in. The club IMO, is to all intent and purpose, skint!. Someone ...[/quote]

Wiz you say "there will be no major additions to the squad unless our good players are sold first"

Sounds very much like when you said " there will be no signing of Ashton, believe me...etc"

Ah well , gratefully and happily you were rapidly so wrong then, so maybe deja vu time . . . . . .      

“I know one or two people might be getting concerned at an apparent lack of numbers, but just be patient - there''s work on-going,” said the Canary boss.

“Patience is something that people don''t always have - and that includes me! There has been a lot of action over the last couple of weeks, but unfortunately nothing has happened which has been a bit frustrating. But we''ll keep working at it and, hopefully, it will come right for us in the end.”

calm down! He clearly has a few targets and now he has the money for them. He said he would use the money to buy other players and i trust him

.............and you don''t negotiate transfer fees by saying "We''ve got shedloads of money to splash out on new players" either.....(unless you are Chelsea, but everyone knows that anyway)

[quote].............and you don''t negotiate transfer fees by saying "We''ve got shedloads of money to splash out on new players" either.....(unless you are Chelsea, but everyone knows that anyway)[/quote]

Too true ,  Worthy  is a typical Irish horse dealer  , looks at the teeth  and fetlocks  , shakes his head , pleads poverty , starts to walk away ... agents  must hate his guts   

In fact , it might be interesting to compare our players to horses ?

Hucks ,  good temperement  , but tends  lose his rider !

Francis ,  Capable of finishing  , but moody  and  tends to pull up at fences ,

lets have your horses !

Can''t believe that I was the only one to read in a local newspaper article some 2 months ago that there was a transfer a transfer budget irrespective of any sales, since that article we have raised nearly a million pounds in transfer fees(assuming jonson goes) and saved god knows how much in wages. If we haven''t got any money there is something seriously wrong with the policies of this football club.

[quote]Don''t worry Wiz mate. If they sold someone like Hucks or Deano there would be a riot, with me at the front! I sincerely hope we aren''t broke but I''m annoyed that we''re waiting this long[/quote]

Worthy and some of you posters who keep telling us to have patience, is all well and good, but its 3.30pm, Friday 15th July, and still not a definite enquiry or offer from us for anyone!.

And I''m getting worried.

[quote]Worthy and some of you posters who keep telling us to have patience, is all well and good, but its 3.30pm, Friday 15th July, and still not a definite enquiry or offer from us for anyone!. And I''m get...[/quote]

Just because you haven''t heard of a definite enquiry Wiz , doesn''t mean there are none.

When you think about it, the whole transfer market has been pretty slow so far this summer. Chelsea, Arsenal and the MU Rowdies combined have only bought, what, 4 or 5 players?

Now I see from today''s EDP, that WLYP McVeigh, has now been taken off the transfer list, and a disclosure that Worthy only has the Helveg/Jonson capital for new additions.

Apart from I bloody told you so, I would be amused to hear the ''blind faith'' ramblings of Campbell, beelsie and Yankee Canary, to see if they are now as confident, as when they first replied on these matters.

Or indeed anyone who thought I was wrong on this ''smelly'' subject!.

As one of our new signing''s (Jarrett) is already injured, it demonstrates perfectly just how weak our squad really is.

Again I say, something is very wrong!.

Now I know we spent ''ahead of ourselves'' in getting Deano (well done board) and I suspect that Nigel wants a nest egg for the January sales, but I would be interested in Neil Doncaster''s response to the question, "What have NCFC done with the money from the Prem TV and the 1st year parachute payments?"

Of course, if Norwich appear to be hard up then maybe, just maybe Nigel will get a player for a realistic price rather than an inflated one................?

[quote]Now I see from today''s EDP, that WLYP McVeigh, has now been taken off the transfer list, and a disclosure that Worthy only has the Helveg/Jonson capital for new additions. Apart from I bloody told...[/quote]

I''m beginning to agree with you now, Wiz. My humble apologies. I think Nigel is starting to panic a bit now as well, going by the headline story on this very website. What a shambles!

Well it does look as if the money raised from players leaving is all we have , where has all the money gone ? not on the team thats for sure , even taking into account £3million for Ashton (that will be recouped in January) we spent peanuts last season.It looks as if the boards ambition is about as large as the transfer kitty from where i am sitting. Also for the people who have been saying Nigel is just being patient before bringing players in , he now admits he is struggling and there is no quality about.Andy Hughes appears to be our prime target a player of no great shakes whos club have said they dont want to sell him. Things are now that bad we have had to take McVeigh off the transfer list a clear sign things are going backwards at Carrow Road not forwards.

Who knows what the true situation is?  All I know from the media reports is that there wouldbe a transfer kitty for worthy to play for and this would mean buying from Worthys own b list.  If either green or francis were to be sold then he could look at his a list.

Bearing in mind the recent sales the the b list must be more acheivable following JOnsons sale in particular but if they dont want to come are we onto the c list?

A coupleof rumours from this morning is that we are likely to or have already received a £1.85m bid for damo (worthys looking at his a list as we type) and that Worthy allegedly wanted some new fitness equipment to be told the club couldnt afford it so the ''friends of'' stumped up the £12k... any one verify the latter rumour?

Either way we will be able to sign some further players but maybe not the ones we want.

It does look like we are budgeting for taking longer than a season to get repromoted - prudent maybe but is that the best tactic?

OTBC 

[quote]Now I see from today''s EDP, that WLYP McVeigh, has now been taken off the transfer list, and a disclosure that Worthy only has the Helveg/Jonson capital for new additions. Apart from I bloody told...[/quote]

I''m sorry Whiz, having re-read the article nowhere does it state that the only money Worthy has to spend is from the sales of Helveg and Jonson,the "only" place I can find the word "only" is in your thread.

Perhaps you are "only" trying to justify your original post!!

Depressing,In defence, one right back.In midfield, 3 central midfielders, 1 of which is injured, 1 who''s pretty injury prone and one who last season didn''t care. How many wingers? In attack, no complaints, maybe a few too many of them if i''m being critical.In reserve, f*** all!Pathetic, and Andy Hughes isn''t the answer. We need a centre mid with quality and two proper wingers, not henderson and the wing.Also, bringing up old news, but why exactly did we have 4 keepers last year?