Sign in to follow this  
MisterCarrow

Palace second goal should have been disallowed

http://streamable.com/qa1g

pause the link at the start and it confirms your suspicions.

In fairness though, it''d be pedantic to give them decisions.

Ah, that justifies why the whole team fell asleep at the cornerand gives Ray another excuse for russes part in it ;-)

BBC claimed it was a crafted set piece of work, not one of their players realising that we were playing sticky glue while one of their players was exposed/unmarked and picked out.

We gave them that as a golfing gimme, nothing more or less.

[quote user="KoromaCrab"]R.Martin did raise his arms after the 2nd goal was scored as though he felt it should have been disallowed[/quote]He is always raising his arms and blaming others, he should look at himself

Grasping at straws .......... the corner was legitimate, part of the ball was over part of the line ...... that''s enough!

Zipper,

I have not made excuses for the part Russ played in any of the goals because he definitely did play a part, however I feel it unfair to the lay the blame soley at his door, as many posters are doing. The entire team were to blame, which includes Russ, just because he was the nearest player to the scoring striker, along with Ruddy (who also appears to be getting some stick) doesn''t mean they were to blame. It could mean they were dropped in it by others. Some have said he was marking empty space for the first, for heaven''s sake, what were he and Whitts supposed to do when Seb went across to cover Brady, stand stock still and leave the middle wide open, if they had then the ball played in would probably have been played into that space and the strikers would have exploited it even more easily than they did the space left at the back post.

I really do not understand the obsession of some to pick on an individual, assuming we believe the players are doing their utmost, I would accept picking on an individual if he was playing with a couldn''t be *rsed attitiude but that is not what I see and AN would very soon weedle them out.

If a poster believes the player is simply not good enough, then why lay any blame at his feet, he''s doing his best, why not look at the management and board and ''scapegoat'' them. If the poster believes the player is giving his all then let''s get behind him, because if the player loses his desire and motivation because of what he reads and hears (and they do) it will only impact negatively on his performance, something we can all do without.

Personally, I feel given the situation at the club, money, etc. etc. we are doing OK, we played some very good football on Saturday and if we can cut out the errors (all over the pitch, let''s face it we should have been 1 - 0 up at least) and continue with what I saw then we will be nowhere near the bottom 3 come May.

As for arm waving (raised elsewhere) it is pretty much a standard thing, nearly all players appeal for throw ins, even when it is obvious the ball came off them and most times most defenders appeal for something when they concede, in reality they probably don''t know what they are appealing for, it''s just a knee (arm) jerk reaction to conceding, in the forlorn hope something might be given.

IMO we conceded two sloppy goals, as a team, not because of individual errors and had a pefectly good goal and penalty turned down. I''m glad Halsey raised the issue, as did MOTD, because this will play on the minds of other refs who will no doubt agree we were very hard done by, this could be to our advantage in games to come, well let''s hope so anyway.

[quote user="Ray"]Zipper,

I have not made excuses for the part Russ played in any of the goals because he definitely did play a part, however I feel it unfair to the lay the blame soley at his door, as many posters are doing. The entire team were to blame, which includes Russ, just because he was the nearest player to the scoring striker, along with Ruddy (who also appears to be getting some stick) doesn''t mean they were to blame. It could mean they were dropped in it by others. Some have said he was marking empty space for the first, for heaven''s sake, what were he and Whitts supposed to do when Seb went across to cover Brady, stand stock still and leave the middle wide open, if they had then the ball played in would probably have been played into that space and the strikers would have exploited it even more easily than they did the space left at the back post.

I really do not understand the obsession of some to pick on an individual, assuming we believe the players are doing their utmost, I would accept picking on an individual if he was playing with a couldn''t be *rsed attitiude but that is not what I see and AN would very soon weedle them out.

If a poster believes the player is simply not good enough, then why lay any blame at his feet, he''s doing his best, why not look at the management and board and ''scapegoat'' them. If the poster believes the player is giving his all then let''s get behind him, because if the player loses his desire and motivation because of what he reads and hears (and they do) it will only impact negatively on his performance, something we can all do without.

Personally, I feel given the situation at the club, money, etc. etc. we are doing OK, we played some very good football on Saturday and if we can cut out the errors (all over the pitch, let''s face it we should have been 1 - 0 up at least) and continue with what I saw then we will be nowhere near the bottom 3 come May.

As for arm waving (raised elsewhere) it is pretty much a standard thing, nearly all players appeal for throw ins, even when it is obvious the ball came off them and most times most defenders appeal for something when they concede, in reality they probably don''t know what they are appealing for, it''s just a knee (arm) jerk reaction to conceding, in the forlorn hope something might be given.

IMO we conceded two sloppy goals, as a team, not because of individual errors and had a pefectly good goal and penalty turned down. I''m glad Halsey raised the issue, as did MOTD, because this will play on the minds of other refs who will no doubt agree we were very hard done by, this could be to our advantage in games to come, well let''s hope so anyway.
[/quote]

I like your thinking, Ray.