Sign in to follow this  
Thetford Yellow

All too predictable

After a summer spent patting ourselves on the back for scraping out of the championships and when designing new kits clearly took precedent over player recruitment, is anyone really surprised that we were so effortlessly rolled over by Palace on Saturday?

Our defending was comically poor and surely it is now obvious to everyone that our forwards are not up to the job.

Does anyone - apart from AN - seriously believe that our current squad is good enough to avoid total humiliation this season?

We need 7/8 quality signings and, sadly, we lack the ambition to fund them, the scouting network to find them and a manager this type of player would want to play for.

Yes our squad is on par with the bottom half teams, we are one or two quality players away from a decent starting 11, behind that is a solid squad, bar Turner, O''Neil & Laffs who I believe along with RVW will be gone by September.

Disappointing not to get a couple big quality signing in at CB & striker but we played some great footy in the first 30 minutes and were in the game for the full 90.

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]After a summer spent patting ourselves on the back for scraping out of the championships and when designing new kits clearly took precedent over player recruitment, is anyone really surprised that we were so effortlessly rolled over by Palace on Saturday?

Our defending was comically poor and surely it is now obvious to everyone that our forwards are not up to the job.

Does anyone - apart from AN - seriously believe that our current squad is good enough to avoid total humiliation this season?

We need 7/8 quality signings and, sadly, we lack the ambition to fund them, the scouting network to find them and a manager this type of player would want to play for.[/quote]Really? You behave like this after one game? I can just imagine how ruined your week must be when you burn your toast on a Monday morning. Get over yourself you stroppy sod. Or go and find a hobby where your needs for instant gratification can be sated.

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]After a summer spent patting ourselves on the back for scraping out of the championships and when designing new kits clearly took precedent over player recruitment, is anyone really surprised that we were so effortlessly rolled over by Palace on Saturday?

We need 7/8 quality signings and, sadly, we lack the ambition to fund them, the scouting network to find them and a manager this type of player would want to play for.[/quote]The big problem is McNally. He''s a socks and bloomers man by trade, stick him in a football club and he''s more worried about selling apparel than how we perform on the pitch. He''s also the one who pushed out our best ever manager for daring to want to take the club forward.

We played some good football in the first 30 minutes?? Its played over 90, son.

The new breed of replica kit wearing, ''Wembley Wall'' brick buying, happy clappers we are attracting will be the death of this club. Wake up clappers. The squad is nowhere near strong enough, the board lacks ambition and Neil is not the new messiah. He''s a bloke from Hamilton who got lucky last year.

The most sadly predictable thing that came out of Saturday''s game was that there would be tits like this posting pathetic threads on here.

The next most predictable thing was that the ref would have far too big a say in proceedings - anyone at the game will say that we were definitely on the end of some dreadful decisions which absolutely affected the result.

I suppose the next most predictable thing is that people would bother wasting time replying to something so obviously stupid, but c''est la vie.

The fact is that anyone who was at the game - and who wasn''t a complete tool - could see we played well against a decent team,

were extremely hard done by and could do with strengthening in some areas.

Whilst the above is slightly OTT, I echo the sentiments.We had 10 weeks to prepare for the first game, we needed to be ready for it.Its all well and good saying there''s still 22 days until the transfer deadline, but realistically we could be sat bottom with 0 points by then. Take away our last 3 games, Arsenal, United, Everton and our 38 game season is now a 31 game season.It has been glaringly obvious to all connected we need a CB and a Striker and probably a RB yet we appear to be no closer to signing either. I''m not sure AN knows who his first choice striker is, appears to be between Jerome and Grabban, yet he has still persisted with Hooper and RvW in pre-season. Redmond to me should be the first name on the team sheet, he is our only player with real potential and talent and the ability to change a game in a split second, the rest are a group of lads who try hard. I love Jerome but don''t think he has the quality to keep us in the division on his own.Alex Neil''s comment frustrated me ''We''ve played worse and won'' That doesn''t happen in this division, for us to stay up everything as to be spot on, recruitment, training, tactics, selection and performance, there wont be any game this season in which we play poorly and win, it just doesn''t happen at this level.

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"]We played some good football in the first 30 minutes?? Its played over 90, son.

The new breed of replica kit wearing, ''Wembley Wall'' brick buying, happy clappers we are attracting will be the death of this club. Wake up clappers. The squad is nowhere near strong enough, the board lacks ambition and Neil is not the new messiah. He''s a bloke from Hamilton who got lucky last year.[/quote]
You could fall down some stairs, if you wanted to.
Just sayin''

[quote user="CDMullins"]Redmond to me should be the first name on the team sheet,

[/quote]

The first name on the team sheet should be "Norwich City".

The first signing upon promotion should have been a new manager. Instead we''ll almost certainly stick with our budget choice all the way until relegtion (and probably beyond).

[quote user="juicy plams"]The first signing upon promotion should have been a new manager. Instead we''ll almost certainly stick with our budget choice all the way until relegtion (and probably beyond).[/quote]
You really think that? 

Although I disagree we need 7/8 new signings I certainly agree this season could be humiliating. Looking at our squad compared to the rest (with the exception of Bournemouth) we are a long way short of even the lesser teams in this league. As it stands I can see us and Bournemouth having one foot back in the championship by Xmas. Sign the necessary quality reinforcements in defence, up front, plus add a pacy skillful midfielder to that and we give ourselves a chance. Why we wouldn''t give ourselves the best possible chance of staying in this league after all the hard work that goes into getting here I just don''t know.....