Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

As soon as possible...

We are all hoping that AN will get his wish, that he will have a new and consistent quality striker by the end of the week. (I also hope that he has not given up looking for a centre back, wheere we are weak.)

If he succeeds, then almost as urgent is to find a way out for "surplus" players like Lafferty and Wolf, who are expensive luxuries. We could almost add Andreu, O''Neill, Turner,who seem unlikely to play at Prem level. We have already found something for Garrido and Miguel.

This is not blood letting for it''s own sake, but rather that if we are going to build a competitive Premiership squad we are going to have to pay high transfer fees and also high wages, and this will be thwarted by holding on to players who will not make much contribution.

Salopian good call

While we need to make a few quality signings before the window closes we also need to substantially reduce the wages bill by culling dead wood

Agree with all players listed and suggest Voo be added to the list

Oh be carefull what you say about Andreu. I said he wouldn''t even make 5 premier league appearances and so many people shot me down for that. Clearly not good enough.

Don''t think o''Neill will go, reckon Odjijda-Ofoe would go over him.

Have a feeling Wolfswinkel will probably leave for a much reduced price £2-3m and Turner & Lafferty will probably be moved on either a loan or permanent if a new CB and striker are signed.

CJ Be careful, critize anything or anyone and the Trolls come out in force and call you a Binner

Most of the players you have listed above were supposed to come good this season - I dont think they will get more than a handful of games each if they are still with us

Would like to see Odjijda-Ofoe come good and be given a chance but can''t see where that will come, with Tettey, Mulumbu, Howson, Johnson, Dorrans and O''Neill all ahead of him in that central midfield role. And Hoolahan, Hooper and Howson ahead of him in the number 10 role.

Should imagine he will be one loaned out to save money on wages.