Sign in to follow this  
norfolkngood

How much have we spent so far this summer 7 million ? or 10 million ??

I was wondering how much we have spent

dorrans was about 3 mill

brady was about 7 mill but I wondered if hull owed us any snoddy money ???

wisdom 1 mill ion loan fee ?

I know some of you know the accounts side of things was snoddy all cash upfront or was it spread over a few years etc

if so and we have spent only 7 mill ( approx. )

I know these figures are all guess work

I was trying to say if brady was 7 mil and hull owed us 3.5 / 4 mill from snoddy our spend was 3 to 4 million

or did we pay 7 mill full cash

How much have we spent - no where near enough to stay up

We fundamentally have the majority of the squad that got us relegated, less Snoddy & Fer, but plus 2 new forwards (1 Prem quality, the other sadly not) & a further 2 central midfield players that one of our rivals WBA did not want

Unless Redmond plays we still have a lack of pace throughout the team and the defensive frailties have not gone away they are still there (we saw them Saturday)

This all should have been addressed a month ago but, a reluctance by the Board to pay the going rate for players has left us struggling to sign reinforcements with only 3 weeks of the window left

No matter what a vast number of fools on this board suggest, that the failures from last season can step up to the plate (Voo, Lafferty & Wolf) they will not paper over the cracks - basically none are good enough, if they were Neil would be playing them now

The lack of investment is now becoming a critical issue. Even if we accept that the players who we were relegated with are largely premiership quality the other clubs have had three transfer windows to improve their squads compared to our one. The investment we have made in that window is peanuts in comparison and the weaknesses in defence and forward line in terms of converting chances have not been addressed.

Alex Neil is being diplomatic so far but if the failure to acquire targets continues he many feel the need to indicate where issues lie. Our football board appear to need a kick up the backside!

CC I would suggest part of the problem lays with our Scouting network which appears to be in constant disaray, changing every 18 months

When was the last time we made a signing who was truely scouted and not just linked to us in some way ?

I would not let them do my shopping in Tesco (they would pick the wrong items off the shelves)

Someting a lot of people still play the ostrich over is how difficult it can be to ur players to Norwich. Yes a lot of modern football is all about the money, but Norwich have never been a fashionable club, and the club is still seen as being remote and small-time outside of Norfolk.

This can play a huge part in attracting the type of players we need - London/Birmingham/Manchester or Norwich? For overseas players in particular (where the value is to be had in the transfer market - we still have a relatively small budget), 9 times out of 10 they will choose the former - even if the club isn''t actually in that city i.e. Watford.

[quote user="Newton"]

CC I would suggest part of the problem lays with our Scouting network which appears to be in constant disaray, changing every 18 months

When was the last time we made a signing who was truely scouted and not just linked to us in some way ?

I would not let them do my shopping in Tesco (they would pick the wrong items off the shelves)

[/quote]

When we got Alex Neil, that turned out OK.

TCC As you know I was refering to players - who ever scouted Neil pure genius but who ever is responsible for the following, needs to be shot :-

Wolf, Elmander, Voo, San Miquel, Lafferty, 2 x aged C/Halves signed last season - plus our overseas scounting network (Tetty accepted) is an absolute joke

[quote user="Newton"]

TCC As you know I was refering to players - who ever scouted Neil pure genius but who ever is responsible for the following, needs to be shot :-

Wolf, Elmander, Voo, San Miquel, Lafferty, 2 x aged C/Halves signed last season - plus our overseas scounting network (Tetty accepted) is an absolute joke

[/quote]

It could be the same person who scouted AN also scouted those players, it could be the person who scouted all the good players we''ve bought, if you know who it is then you should say.

I dont know what goes on behind the scenes but I must say there must be at least a couple of high profile signings around we could have signed. Yes we have a good team and I feel a good manager but we do need to strengthen asap

[quote user="Newton"]No matter what a vast number of fools on this board[/quote]The only fools on this board are the ones who can''t see you''re a binner...........