Sign in to follow this  
thas norfolk

thoughts on team for Sunderland

If Olson is not ready then Bennett centre half Martin rb whitts lb Brady wide left Redmond wide right Tettey Howson midfield Jerome up front with Andreu playing the link role.

Much like last year I expect Hoolahan to make way for Jerome so we play with 2 strikers away from home.

Anyone but Brady as a FB. Heck, even a out of shape 60 year old at LB over Brady. He is not a LB. EVERYTHING he did today was utter s----, there was seriously not one aspect of his game that wasn''t.

Ruddy

Wisdom Bennett R Bassong Toffolo

Redmond Howson Tettey Brady

Hoolahan

Hero me

Subs: Rudd, Whittaker, Martin, Offoe, Dorrans, Hooper, Van Wolfswinkel or Grabben

Hopefully we can get a new centre back and striker in for next week.

Ruddy

Wisdom Martin Bassong Toffolo

Redmond Tettey Dorrans Brady

Howson

Jerome

No scapegoating from me simply want players in preferred positions, best players on the pitch and premier capability.

Ruddy

Whittaker Wisdom Seb Toffolo

Tettey

Redmond wes Dorrans Brady

Mbokani

Howson unlucky but wes and redmond just better yest, the one area we do have depth.

How can anybody drop Wes after today''s performance? Best player on the pitch by a mile!

Ruddy

Wisdom Martin Basson Olsson

Dorrans Tettey

Redmond Hoolahan Brady

Jerome

Harsh on Whittaker and Howson but I feel we need more pace at full back and more width in midfield.

I''m not dropping wes because I don''t rate him just think in the prem when the onus is on the home side we might need to be a bit stronger and keep things tighter.

Trust me would have him in the starting lineup every home game when the onus is on us to go out and take the game to the opposition and dictate the tempo.

We should go on the attack with 4-4-2, as Sunderland gift goals as well as we can!

Ideally Redmond and Brady on the wings, Grabban and Jerome up top. Sadly, Wes to drop to bench.

Wisdom has been brought here to cover for centre back or play at right back, so we need to use him, providing he is fit. I would have him playing alongside Bassong at CB.

Ruddy

Martin/Whittaker Wisdom Bassong Toffolo

Tettey Dorrans or Howson

Redmond. Brady

Hoolahan

Jerome

However we do need another striker bought in to help Jerome. Grabban for all his hard work will struggle to score 7 goals this season and may not start that many games if C J is fit. Hooper ditto unless he is played in the Hoolahan role. RVW is unlikely to be good enough and I would personally sell on if possible. Lafferty might be useful if C J is not fit. We also need a centre back, as I feel most of ours are not quite good enough for this level.

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Toffolo

Tettey Howson

Redmond. Brady

Hoolahan

Jerome

Bring Wisdom on at half time for Whittaker.

[quote user="Kurious Oranj"]Whittakers the chosen one for scapegoat then....[/quote]

Call it whatever you like but he was ripped a new one by zaha yesterday.

One thing from yesterday''s matches is that you have to play your match winners and in the right places.

I''d therefore play toffolo at lb, so Brady can play left midfield and ping some balls in box. If you''re doing that you have to play Jerome (or this new striker appearing reportedly tomorrow) to get on end of it. For me that means unfortunately Johnson dropping out, unless Hoolihan doesn''t play as its away match.

Perhaps

Ruddy, Wisdom, Martin, Bassong, Toffolo

Tettey, Howson, Dorrans/Johnson

Redmond Jerome, Brady

Ruddy

Wisdom Martin Bassong Whittaker

Tettey Dorrans

Redmond Howson Johnson

Jerome

Feel sorry for whittaker, didn''t do much wrong. Basics of football for the 1st goal, Brady didn''t track his man or make any real effort and they all had to shuffle across one, Whittaker left with 2 at the back stick.

The one for me and I know it''s matter of opinion...Regardless if Martin is captain, we have other leaders (basson/tettey) Is quite often exposed in the premier league or against a decent attack.

Also thought Howson was brilliant working down the out of position right side, much rather see him straight down the middle, given the chance I think he would score/create far more than hoolahan.

Ruddy

Whittaker Wisdom Bassong Toffolo

Tettey Dorrans

Redmond Howson Brady

Jerome

First, I''d liked to see what this kid we got from Liverpool is like at centre back. Plus Brady in his normal left midfield role.  This leaves the left back position vulnerable. But I did say we needed both a new a left midfielder and a new left back. Ruddy

Martin Wisdom Bassong Whittaker Tettey Dorrans

Redmond Howson Brady Jerome(A.N. will probably actually only make two changes: Jerome over Grabban, and Redmond over Johnson)

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin bassong Brady

Howson tettey dorrans Redmond

Hoolahan

Jerome

I''d rather move Brady forward and move Whittaker LB and Wisdom RB personally, as Brady just doesn''t look like a LB to me. But I think he will stay there.

--------------------Ruddy---------------------Whittaker--Martin--Bassong--Toffolo---------------Tettey--Howson------------Redmond----------------------------Brady-----------------Hoolahan------------------------------------Jerome--------------------

ricardo wrote the following post at 09/08/2015 5:58 PM:

Jerome for Grabban will probably be the only change.

You might find that AN isn''t quite as conservative as you think!

Whittaker was no worse than Martin yesterday the header for the second goal was missed by both of them. At no point yesterday did I see RM encouraging his team all he does is point the finger when we concede make Howson captain drop Martin, bring in Wisdom, Toffolo LB and Brady replace Johnson

------------------------Ruddy--------------------

--Wisdom---R.Bennett---Bassong---Brady---

-----------------------Tettey---------------------

----Howson---Dorrans---Wes---Redmond----

-----------------------------------------------------

----------------------Jerome-----------------------

Subs:

Rudd, Whittaker, Martin, Johnson, Vadis, Hooper, RvW