Sign in to follow this  
Grando

Revamped message forums

Given that the majority of web-browsing is now supposed to take place on tablets and smartphones, it would have been nice if the new forums were properly mobile-friendly. On my iphone, at least, there''s no resizing, and it''s a fiddly pain to read messages. And it''s compounded by the continuing problem with posts containing all their HTML tags. Any chance of this getting sorted?

And still no edit button....whole new board is required, not just a facelift - it has certainly put me off using it in recent years.

Be nice if you could keep the MSN Messenger emoticons though!

The best way to help our IS team improve the forum is screen grabs of any issue. I realise it''s not easy posting images on here so please email any to me at peter.raven@archant.co.ukMany thanks.

Is there any way of turning down that whiny noise? It''s been quite persistent for a while but has got far worse since Saturday evening.

[quote user="Herman "]Is there any way of turning down that whiny noise? It''s been quite persistent for a while but has got far worse since Saturday evening.[/quote][:D]It''ll only get louder, most likely.

[quote user="ThrownOuttaWetherspoons"]Yep.....definitely not a responsive-web site.

May as well have the old one back![/quote]The website is, the messageboard isn''t - but it''s being worked on.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]The website is, the messageboard isn''t - but it''s being worked on.[/quote]Both mine and a friend''s laptops have the same problem. Firefox fine, but Internet Explorer hangs/won''t load and keeps displaying "unresponsive script etc".And you don''t need reminding about the "blockquote" thingy on Google Chrome.Hope that helps a little Pete. [;)]Not saying you''re little Pete......I''m little Pete, not you.....I''m not Pete........[:$]