Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Raccoon

Pinkun Rumour Mill

Is this really journalism or just some hacks browsing the web for stories? Usually a day after half the various message boards, forums, twitter and facebook have discussed and made the topic hotter than it really is?

Long gone are the days of the true hacks who went out to get a decent story.

Couldn''t agree more. Can''t ever recall a story being exclusively broken by an Archant reporter. Their pathetic attempts on Transfer Deadline Day are even worse - simply rehashing the rumours whizzing round on Sky Sports and the BBC. It''s hardly pushing the boundaries of sports journalism. Where are their sources? Lets have some exclusive content!

Yeah, it''s dissapointing isn''t it... I tend not to read it anymore, ''cause it''s just a rehash of what is going ''round tw@tter or has already been mentioned on Sky...

So ARCHANT Journalists...who''s the new striker gonna be then?

If the club wanted Archant to have any inside information, I''m sure they''d give it to them. As NCFC has its own media department, I''d guess they like to have the box seat when it comes to transfer news and announcements. If an Archant journo leaked information on a potential signing, it could damage the relationship irrevocably. If the NCFC media department are running a very tight ship, what can the media do but speculate? It''s not like the national press are desperately seeking any minor morsel related to NCFC transfer targets, so realistically what can Archant report on other than speculation?

This is a problem for most local news outlets where there is only one team, not just Archant. The problem is that being blackballed by the club would have a far greater impact on the local paper than on a national so the local has to stay on side with the media relationship people at the club so don''t dare publish anything that might damage that relationship.

I think those that break the rumours on here that the Pink''Un publish should be overdue a finders fee!

It''s a relationship thing when hooton was at the carra he would tip off James Nursey of the mirror about stories. When hooton left nurseys stories dried up.

Reality is that the local hacks haven''t developed a close enough bond with the powers that be to get the stories