Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy Old Blogger

Worst fears being realised.....

Bloody hell...a load of doom mongers have been let loose on the forum...it''s even worse then a few seasons ago! I would like us to sign a striker and a CB...but it''s not that bad!...Newsflash...we haven''t got an arab at the helm (thankfully) who ''s got a bottomless pit full of money...

We were unlucky in the first game...and normally the luck should even itself out...

OP you call yourself grumpy...? I would call you "''round the bend"...whatever you''re on...stop taking it...

Funny how yet again we have the battle lines drawn, in the red corner doom lingers and in the blue corner the keep the faith brigade all headed by the normal armies!

There''s no doubt we all would love to have seen three quality players in at CB & striker by now, he''ll AN also said he would have liked to have done the business by now.

The stupid thing is we were better than Palace in some aspects of the game in Saturday and deserved at least a point!

No doubt for one reason or another.....lack of free money due to a full squad of player on premiership wages, not attractive to the primery targets as a club or the board being cautious, we haven''t strengthened yet in areas I''m pretty sure we will before the end of the transfer window.

No doubt the players in will never satisfy all of us city fans and we will all have opinions but heck it''s really not that bad is it?

Let''s wait till September the 3, see who is in and what the results then are as it''ll be 4 games in against lower end teams, hopefully get a few points on the board.

Come on enjoy the season for what it is, the best league in the world with great teams and players, it was always going to be a hard season and those who went into lala land of us finishing as high as 12th now will adjust their expectations to take 17th this year.

The only reason that the battle lines have been drawn is because now that we are back in the Premier League a load of ''supporters'' rejoin us but bring with them their unrealistic and naive expectations. Having not followed through thick and thin they simply don''t have the context.

The other reason is that some of our long standing fans start listening to them.

GET USED TO IT ... NO TEAM IN THIS DIVISION HAS LESS MONEY THAN WE DO - but, as we proved ourselves under Lambert, that doesn''t mean that we can''t thrive.

If you want a club that throws tens of millions of pounds around every window and wins most of its matches perhaps you had better stick to just your second club.

It''s funny, because when things are going well, we''re winning games and it''s good to be a Norwich City fan, the majority of the posters on this site that like to moan are nowhere to be seen.

The truth is, some of you revel in the opportunity to moan and whinge. You absolutely love running down the club you supposedly love.

As per usual, I think the media have to take some responsibility for helping stupid people be more stupid.
Problem is, stupid people see newspapers say "NORWICH WIN RICHEST GAME IN FOOTBALL" and then here about the TV deals and whatnot and immediately presume we have at least £40 million to spend.
We don''t.
We don''t even have near that.
We don''t have a particularly high wage bill for the Premiership, but nor can we afford players like RvW on a supposed 40k P/W to sit in the reserves earning that money, whilst also purchasing a worthwhile replacement on similar money.
I predict overall we''ll spend somewhere near the £20 million mark on transfer and agent fee''s alone. That probably allows for us to sign a couple more players.

We are a Championship club , we have not looked comfortable in the top flight since the days of Robert Chase .Our spending and signings this summer would be pretty poor even at Championship level .As for our season long loan spouting to the press how Norwich can forget about ever signing him up permanent before he has even started a game for us , well i would send him back to Liverpool asap .

So far we have failled to make the signings that will make the difference between survival and relegation.

You can dress that up all you like but that''s the reality.

It''s obviously not easy to bring players into our club but If we are not prepared to take some finacial risk then the outcome is inevitable.

We should not be arguing about this now, players should have been signed before the Palace game, we are not far off being competitive with teams like them and with a bit more quality could have won that game.

We pays our money(or not) and we get what we deserve.

We have already dropped 3 points which could have been avoided with a bit more willingness to pay the going rate.

Vanwink wrote the following post at 12/08/2015 4:55 PM:We have already dropped 3 points which could have been avoided with a bit more willingness to pay the going rate.

---------------------

I enjoyed this bit the most. If only we''d have bought another RVW to start. New signings = points!

mrs miggins wrote the following post at 12/08/2015 4:58 PM:

Vanwink wrote the following post at 12/08/2015 4:55 PM:We have already dropped 3 points which could have been avoided with a bit more willingness to pay the going rate.

---------------------

I enjoyed this bit the most. If only we''d have bought another RVW to start. New signings = points!

That''s Bollox even for you Miggins

We are a PL club and like all similar clubs will make good and bad signings, but if you don''t make any signings then you are stuffed.

[quote user="Vanwink"]mrs miggins wrote the following post at 12/08/2015 4:58 PM:

---------------------

That''s Bollox even for you Miggins

We are a PL club and like all similar clubs will make good and bad signings, but if you don''t make any signings then you are stuffed.[/quote]

How can you possibly say whether new signings would have made us win on Saturday? We made a shed load of new signings for the League 1 season and opened with a 7 . 1 loss. It is such an empty argument.

We were competitive in the game, lapsed concentration a little for the first 2 goals but looked dangerous. Jerome''s goal being given or the penalty being awarded and we would be talking about a win or a decent draw.

It''s not great to lose the first game but I saw enough to think 3 points at Sunderland is achievable.

Well Mr. Vanwank.

We would have won on Saturday if we''d spent more money? You know that for a fact do you? You don''t think here might have been other reasons, reasons beyond our control, which led to us losing that match? Chelsea & Arsenal would have been guaranteed winners - if only they''d spent more money??

Mrs. M made a perfectly good point about how easy it is to spend a shedload (for us) of money on a much lauded player who turns out to be totally ineffective.

How much did Lambert''s squad cost??

We may go down, we may stay up, but putting the finances in peril is no way to run a football club.

But then, it''s not your money is it. So any gamble is justified to satisfy your ego - because that''s all you''re really doing.

Now intercourse off, grow a pair of the organs that you referred to in your post above, & support your club. The real club. Not some fantasy in your head.

@CanaryOne

Totally agree re Wisdom, he may well see his future at Liverpool which is fair enough but I agree with you, it''d be nice if he sounded at least slightly committed to our cause for the season he''s here.

ron obvious wrote the following post at 12/08/2015 5:32 PM:

Well Mr. Vanwank.

We would have won on Saturday if we''d spent more money? You know that for a fact do you? You don''t think here might have been other reasons, reasons beyond our control, which led to us losing that match? Chelsea & Arsenal would have been guaranteed winners - if only they''d spent more money??

Mrs. M made a perfectly good point about how easy it is to spend a shedload (for us) of money on a much lauded player who turns out to be totally ineffective.

How much did Lambert''s squad cost??

We may go down, we may stay up, but putting the finances in peril is no way to run a football club.

But then, it''s not your money is it. So any gamble is justified to satisfy your ego - because that''s all you''re really doing.

Now intercourse off, grow a pair of the organs that you referred to in your post above, & support your club. The real club. Not some fantasy in your head.

I made a fair point too Ron, you have a different point of view which you clearly think is is given more weight by being insulting.

Perhaps you are not quite as confident as you suggest.

No, you didn''t. You jut came up with the same old Just Spend More Money mantra. It''s cobblers.

I have little confidence about anything. Certainly not about our survival, no matter how much money we spend.

However, I do feel confident we have a terrific manager who will get the best out of whoever is in our squad. Which, personally, is all I ask.

And if you want to start insulting people sunshine, then expect some grief in return.

Ron

"I do feel confident we have a terrific manager who will get the best out of whoever is in our squad. Which, personally, is all I ask. "

If that''s the extent of your ambition Ron that''s a matter for you.

I want more than that, I want the best squad we are capable of putting together as well as the top manager that we already have.

Sadly, I fear AN is about to be exposed as anything but a ''top manager''. Perhaps that''s why the board seem reluctant to give him money to spend in the window? He is on an improved but still modest contract and maybe the board are belatedly realising top players will not want to play for a manager whose CV reads 6 months at Hamilton and 5 months at Norwich (where he managed to blow our automatic promotion hopes and needed the play-offs to scrape promotion)

Thetford Yellow wrote the following post at 12/08/2015 7:00 PM:

Sadly, I fear AN is about to be exposed as anything but a ''top manager''.

As you will no doubt be exposed as anything but a City fan.

But keep plugging away.

Vanwink wrote the following post at 12/08/2015 6:48 PM:

Ron

"I do feel confident we have a terrific manager who will get the best out of whoever is in our squad. Which, personally, is all I ask. "

I want more than that, I want the best squad we are capable of putting together as well as the top manager that we already have.

---------------------------------------

The difference is that I trust the judgement of the manager & board above my own limited abilities & knowledge. You do not. You evidently consider your acuity in these matters to be superior, & it would be a matter of no consequence for a person of your inestimable & profound knowledge of the world of professional football to improve the calibre of our squad.

The only problem is: how do we choose between you & all the competing titans of footballing knowledge, those demi-gods of the world of association football, who so regularly deign it permissible to allow us the benefit of their years of top flight experience? Hmmm?

It''s a tricky one. Sunshine.

ron obvious wrote the following post at 12/08/2015 7:36 PM:

Vanwink wrote the following post at 12/08/2015 6:48 PM:

Ron

---------------------------------------

The difference is that I trust the judgement of the manager & board above my own limited abilities & knowledge. You do not. You evidently consider your acuity in these matters to be superior, & it would be a matter of no consequence for a person of your inestimable & profound knowledge of the world of professional football to improve the calibre of our squad.

The only problem is: how do we choose between you & all the competing titans of footballing knowledge, those demi-gods of the world of association football, who so regularly deign it permissible to allow us the benefit of their years of top flight experience? Hmmm?

It''s a tricky one. Sunshine.

No Ron, I just have an opinion, as do you.

"So far we have failled to make the signings that will make the difference between survival and relegation.

You can dress that up all you like but that''s the reality."

"We have already dropped 3 points which could have been avoided with a bit more willingness to pay the going rate."

That is not giving an opinion, that is pontificating from on high. the pronouncements of someone puffed up with their own self-importance. No qualifying words or phrases anywhere. No scintilla of a doubt. And poor old Mrs. M''s opinions dismissed with a single epiphet.

That''s my opinion, anyway.