Sign in to follow this  
Mr Angry

Van Dijk

BBC reporting that Southampton are in negotiation with Celtic for Van Dijk, it will be very interesting to see if we get involved if it looks like Celtic are ready to sell.

We won''t - simple as.

I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier thread - we do not get involved if another club is interested. Never have - never will.

We prefer playing silly beggars as Steve Bruce can testify.

[quote user="ruthers1"]We won''t - simple as.

I refer the honourable gentleman to my earlier thread - we do not get involved if another club is interested. Never have - never will.

We prefer playing silly beggars as Steve Bruce can testify.[/quote]

Thats a big fat lie and you know it Mr Burning Pants.

Still, arriving this late, if we are in it, wont give us any good chance of landing him.

Everton has probably pulled out, with the news being they are pursuing Evans from Man U.

With Koeman being Dutch, Soton will always be favourite,mand therefore our only chance would have been to go for it early, which we didn''t do..

Some say we did, but were quoted 10 mill, and dropped out.

We took Hooper from Q.P.R .....

We kept Ruddy and Johnson when Prem clubs came knocking...

And we are about to snatch Dwight Gale up from Bristol ....

I want us to compete for Dijk, please inject this squad with quality !!

We took Hooper from QPR when they were in the championship and we were in the PL. If we are fighting against Swansea, Everton and Southampton unfortunately we''ve not got too much of a chance

Van Dijk is NOT a realistic target!

He is a standard of player that is beyond us currently.

We were never in the running.

Southampton are far richer than us, are thoroughly established and are in Europe. Van Dijk was always going to a club like that.

We''ll be looking for rough diamonds.

Let''s be honest, we can bid as much as we like and offer him our best package possible.

But when it comes down to it, he''s going to choose Southampton over us.

IMO Curtis Davis should have been a realistic target. Reliable as CB, and better than Martin.

But good old City have completely burnt their bridges with Bruce & Hull, so doubt there''s any chance of getting him, let alone VD

If anyone thinks we have a chance of getting van dijk over southamoton then your off ya head. No chance, no way at all.

No way we will be in for him anyway at £10m.

A few decent highly rated centre halves in the championship who are probably more in our price range.

Bruno Ecuele Manga - Cardiff City

Sean Morison - Cardiff City

Danny Batth - Wolves

Curtis Davies - Hull

Grant Hanley - Blackburn

Lewis Dunk - Brighton

Lewis Dunk has just transferred to a new club and is the only real ball playing CB on that list.

The championship ball playing CB i''d hope for would be Brentford''s Harlee Dean

Dunk is still at Brighton, Fulham seem to have made a few bids for him though.

Who would we rather though, a younger player i.e Dunk, Batth with no Premier League experience or the likes of Dawson, Davies who have both played lots of Premier League football?

There''s no chance we''ll get Van Dijk not with clubs like Southampton and Everton sniffing around. Never.

How about Ayala? I definitely think he''s an improvement on Martin.

Michael Dawson is a great shout. Is he out of favour at Spurs, or has he been injury prone recently?

He may not be quite ready for a starting Premier League position, but I''d keep an eye out for Reading''s Michael Hector. Reckon he''d be a decent addition and, in time, starting CB. I''d also add Connor Goldson to that category. For now, if we are to change our defence, I''d start Wisdom at CB.

[quote user="Samwam27"]Michael Dawson is a great shout. Is he out of favour at Spurs, or has he been injury prone recently?[/quote]

Very very out of favour at Spurs !! What about that Les Dawson? Is he still around?