Sign in to follow this  
Aveit

Time running out

AN wants a striker by Sunderland (Quote)

Its Wednesday, nothing even mentioned, so if we get anybody now will have maybe one or possibly two days with the squad, so unlikely to feature on Saturday.

So many names, so little activity, a CB is also a must.

Doesnt look like they will be prepared and available for Sunderland by the look of it!

Looks like something else has gone wrong in the transfer dealings. It really is now turning into a shambles.

[quote user="Canary Legend"]

Doesnt look like they will be prepared and available for Sunderland by the look of it!

Looks like something else has gone wrong in the transfer dealings. It really is now turning into a shambles.

[/quote]Go and get some fresh air.For a year.

I don''t see what''s different about this transfer window than any other? - the last few days of it will see the domino effect taking it up to the final day as it always does. Also, there seems to be hysteria about ''not hearing anything'' - does it matter? We keep our counsel as you saw from the Wisdom deal, it just happened! As for Brady, I think it was Stevie Bruce that confirmed the interest in that one, not NCFC. So just because everyone is feeling let down by numb nuts making up rumours on Twitter etc (whom they choose to believe), doesn''t mean things are not moving forward as we speak. For instance, I can understand the Mbokani hold up (that''s if we''re genuinely trying to sign him) - it''s very likely there''s permit issues to be sorted there, and that won''t happen overnight, which would be no fault of ours or the player in question obviously.

I''d start getting worried if nothing had happened by deadline day, but I''m absolutely certain that won''t be the case - we''ll get what we need before I''m sure.

Here''s what he said;

“We are looking to add another forward and I have been quite open about that. At this level you need quality at the top end of the pitch and we have some good players there but the squad needs a bit of help as well. A lot of these things are out of your control so you’re really depending on others. I’d like to hope we’d try to get someone in before Saturday, but I couldn’t say for definite. It’s difficult.”

The last sentence is the most significant, I don''t think he''ll be too upset if we don''t sign someone before Saturday.

This season is reminding me of the season when Worthington took us down. Went into the games with Simon Charlton at centre back and left it too late when we signed Ashton. Hope I''m wrong.

QPR want £15m, we can get cheaper for the same thing elsewhere. The board won''t want to look desperate to pay out such a large amount when realistically we could probably get 3 decent players in at that cost.

20 days until the window actually closes, still plenty of time. Better to wait for quality than to rush for quantity.

Austin at 15m no way. He is decent but it is just one season in the premier league. We can''t afford to put all our eggs in one basket. Say he gets a serious injury early on? What about if he is just another one season wonder at this level. There have been quite a few, I give you Michu, Amir Zaki, Marcus Stuart, Andy Johnson, Michael Ricketts, Andy Carroll, DJ Campbell, Kevin Doyle, Santa Cruz and dare I even say it Grant Holt...

The list is pretty long and I''m sure there are plenty more out there. We cannot afford to rely on one person. Our best bet is to have a variety of players who can score. I would rather see us contribute with goals from a few areas and strengthen the team with two or three signings if we have 15m to spend.

As the deadline gets nearer clubs looking to find players in the same positions will find the transfer fee going up in classic supply-demand economics. If we are having problems getting players in with the level of bids we are currently making this will be even more problematic the closer we get to deadline day.

[quote user="AJ"]QPR want £15m, we can get cheaper for the same thing elsewhere. The board won''t want to look desperate to pay out such a large amount when realistically we could probably get 3 decent players in at that cost.

20 days until the window actually closes, still plenty of time. Better to wait for quality than to rush for quantity.[/quote]

Loads of people seem to want Austin, but I can see both sides of the argument. The problem arises when none of the players linked, no matter how brief, fit the bill perfectly. Mbokani is good but old and unproven, Austin is expensive and not the most elaborate CV, Destro is small and out of form and Gayle never really took off in the prem.

There was a slight twitter rumour for a Loic Remy loan, but that was as brief as it was unlikely.

Charlie Austin is £13m and compared to £8 m for Robbie Brady , looks good value . I can''t think of another UK based striker , who would be good enough , and is actually available .

I do think we should be doing everything possible to get him here .

In the grand scheme of things, so far we have probably spent a total of 15 million including wages.

We stand to gain nearly £120 million, with the money going up if you stay up and down even more than previous seasons if you go down, so whats £13 million, its peanuts in the world of the premier league, its a drop in the ocean. Someone quote earlier in the thread, he''s a one season wonder, but would rather have someone who has been there and done for £13 million, than someone for maybe £10 Million who hasn''t and may flop as RVW has done.

20 Days to go someone said, but its been nearly three months since the momentous day at Wembley, and every day is a day less, this happens in every transfer window, why we don''t know, we all guess we say nobody would come to Norwich, they go anywhere if you stomp up the cash and get the deal done, they''ll kiss the badge for a large enough amount of cash, so get a move on.

Austin would come here if other clubs aren''t willing to pay the money. QPR are apparently trying to sort out a new contract for him in desperation, but he''d rather play for us than QPR next season surely if thats the only option?

[quote user="Thetford Yellow"] McNally''s already threadbare credibility is now at zero[/quote]Hey ?

So much for a new striker, just read we are testing the water with a £4.5 million bid, so much for Monday and Friday''s, we want a striker same old story!!!!