Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Alex Neil and The League Cup of Doom!

Forrest lost 3:4 to Walsall. Who do we want in the League cup 2nd round.Since I''m a Scot I''m bias and fancy as always.... Away to Carlisle!

Home to someone in the lower leagues. Good run-out for the fringe players while still giving us an outside chance of a decent cup run.

It''s a disaster every year

Those that take the cups so seriously need help

Look how many Championship clubs went out tonight.Literally no one is ar$ed about cup competitions any more.

[quote user="morty"]Literally no one is ar$ed about cup competitions any more.[/quote]But guys we could be the ones that can''t be arsed in the Semi finals! For one I would like to see a decent cup run for once. AN will be the man to deliver.

[quote user="morty"]Look how many Championship clubs went out tonight.Literally no one is ar$ed about cup competitions any more.[/quote]And what a shame that is.Such is the state of the English game.

[quote user="KiwiScot"][quote user="morty"]Literally no one is ar$ed about cup competitions any more.[/quote]But guys we could be the ones that can''t be arsed in the Semi finals! For one I would like to see a decent cup run for once. AN will be the man to deliver.[/quote]I for one would like to see us gain silverware - something to put in our sparse trophy cabinet and our only chance of contesting in Europe again.

[quote user="Strawman"][quote user="morty"]Look how many Championship clubs went out tonight.Literally no one is ar$ed about cup competitions any more.[/quote]And what a shame that is.Such is the state of the English game.[/quote]Yup.The money associated with either maintaining your current league status, or gaining promotion is far more important.Obviously if you have a big enough squad, with depth of quality, its possible to have both.

[quote user="Buh"]It''s a disaster every year

Those that take the cups so seriously need help[/quote]HELP!!!

UEFA wouldn''t allow it but I''d like to see our 4th European Champions League place go to the FA Cup winners.

However much we might like the League Cup (or whatever it''s called), given our history, it has always been a country cousin to the FA Cup.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Strawman"][quote user="morty"]Look how many Championship clubs went out tonight.Literally no one is ar$ed about cup competitions any more.[/quote]And what a shame that is.Such is the state of the English game.[/quote]Yup.The money associated with either maintaining your current league status, or gaining promotion is far more important.Obviously if you have a big enough squad, with depth of quality, its possible to have both.[/quote]Yep.Finishing fourth from bottom in the Premier after witnessing mostly lackluster football by your supported club takes priority over winning historical trophies.Such is the state of the English game.

Whilst a cup run could help confidence and squad gelling I wouldn''t be sad to see us drop out and focus on the league

[quote user="AJ"]Whilst a cup run could help confidence and squad gelling I wouldn''t be sad to see us drop out and focus on the league[/quote]Why? So we concentrate on not getting relegated?If you''re over the age of forty you must find that sad.

Wooster - UEFA have bu99er all to do with it, it''s down to the FA who gets that fourth slot. It''s something I''ve advocated for a while but there''s no way that they''ll risk upsetting the big four by changing it now...

Bring back the cup winners cup, now there was a proper European competition!

[quote user="cornish sam"]

Wooster - UEFA have bu99er all to do with it, it''s down to the FA who gets that fourth slot. It''s something I''ve advocated for a while but there''s no way that they''ll risk upsetting the big four by changing it now...

Bring back the cup winners cup, now there was a proper European competition!

[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification. I hadn''t appreciated that the recipient of the 4th place was in the FA''s gift.

Awarding that to the winners of the FA Cup would rescue that competition from its inevitable slide into a quaint but otherwise unimportant competition.

people say no one cares about cups anymore...

yet it will still be an arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd or Man City who wins it won''t it... plus all the money to swell the transfer kitty for next season.

pick up a history book in 50 years time and it will say Arsenal won the last 2 FA cups...

the money men care... and therefore football "cares"

With what is arguably the strongest squad we''ve ever some of these players like Odjijda-Ofoe, E.Bennett, Hooper etc will get a run out and have a chance to play there way into the managers thoughts for the next league game.

We know what Alex Neil is like as he made the point he wants to win every game including friendlies. He won''t take anyone not bothering or putting the effort in. So it would be nice to get some lower league sides and getting the squad players some action