Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

McNally says striker problem will be sorted on monday

iron_stan wrote the following post at 2015-08-09 2:09 AM:

we need a right back and a centre back more than a striker right now, andre wisdom is a joke, nothing but back up, we need starters.

On what do you base this ridiculous statement?

A player who has just signed a new five year contract with his parent club!

A player who didn''t play today, but on his debut, within seconds got further forward than Whittaker did all last season to make the winning goal?

Andre wisdom is currently the best right back at the club.

Great if we sign a striker, we used all 3 yesterday and none impressed against a resolute but uninspired palace back 4, with Jerome the best of them. Hooper and Grabban simply not good enough

However the back 4 still needs resolving too. Again we fell asleep to conceded 3sloppy goals. It''s no longer a habit but simply not being up to the job. Change is needed

After yesterday''s performance I want to get rid of Grabban , rather than RvW!!!! Still livid that we didn''t start Cam Jam and Redmond!

We only have one decent Premier striker and thats Jerome strikers cannot miss opportunities in front of goal at this level like yesterday but Iam sure AN will rectify this hopefully.

Grabban had no-one to link up with yesterday Hoops is good at that while we persist with a lone striker at home think we will struggle unless Redmond starts and delivers quality ball into striker.

West Brom are apparently after Rondon from Zenit. This shows the pull the Premier League has on players, any players of that standard we are in for? (Mbokani is good, but verging on 30, so would only be usable for 2 or 3 years).

Can''t see how anybody thinks that gayle would be the issue to the problem. Our formation demands a tall, big, powerful striker who can win/hold up balls in the air as well as chase over the top.

Gayle would just get lost in that formation just like hooper does, especially for the touted 10 million price tag. Much rather go for a mbokani style player and see if it pays off

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"][quote user="chuggs"]So does anyone think they know who it will be, did gayle get on team bus after game ? Also Parish turned up to game today with his briefcase, is there a deal being sorted with Gayle apparently a rumour from the training ground is that his name is being highly spoken about.[/quote]

I like Gayle, but he is not what we need in my opinion. Not convinced he is better than hooper, RVW or Jerome[/quote]

And if you are''t convinced of that, there''s a lot i''m not convinced about you...

At this point I''d take a loan for Balloteli! Maybe not, but I would like Peter Crouch, he''d suite the way Neil wants to play with one up top.

Watching Wet Spam today, a large and physical front man a la Mbokani would suit us in this league maybe better than a Gayle type.

Gayle just announced by MK Dons as joining on season long loan so it aint Gayle. Looks like has to be Mkobani, or someone we''ve not heard of before now.

Typical - bloomin fake accounts.

I guess it depends who we are upgrading.

I''d like to think we''re upgrading a new number 1 forward (ie Jerome) but serious ££s will be needed for that, and I can''t see that McNally has been saving the big deal for last given how long it took to secure Brady.

If we''re in the £5-7m category then that is Gayle, perhaps Fletcher (though saw he played for Sunderland yesterday and scored)

[quote user="Redders Right Foot"]Is it only me that thinks, based on yesterdays performance, a defender should be the first priority?[/quote]Personally, I''d be buying three - and I''m not joking. New centre backs and right back.  But we''ll be delighted if they buy even one new defender before September.

I hope it''s not Gayle. We need to be adding quality to improve us. Gayle won''t do that.

Having seen the TV, Grabban''s miss was appalling!

If we were signing a striker tomorrow I think we would have heard some tantalising and firm rumours this weekend.

I''m certain that Neil wouldn''t see Gayle as our much needed new number nine and nothing regarding Mbokani has been heard for days ... Can''t really see an announcement tomorrow.

I thought we played reasonably well in the attacking third of the pitch yesterday considering how deep Palace ending up dropping, I too am more concerned about shoring up the defence and eliminating the lapses of concentration that always seem to end up in a goal against us!

Russell Martin needs replacing, and a left back, even with Olsson back were still short in that area, want Brady up the pitch, Oh and a decent striker please.