Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

McNally says striker problem will be sorted on monday

Have we concluded that this quote is completely made up?

That said, I''ve been vocal to friends about how Austin isn''t worth 15m, but as it seems no one has bitten yet I reckon he could be worth at least a go. As soon as a bigger club gets involved in sure he''ll go for the safer option but it doesn''t seem like anyone has bidded big enough yet.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Today is the day then.

Something need happen, I am getting seriously worried.[/quote]
You probably need to get a grip then.

"You probably need to get a grip then."

Oh dear!

I am fully aware of just what I do and do not need, without resort to such well-meaning advice.

This has all the ingredients of the next internet myth. I look forward to the references to it by the usual suspects.

Still scouring all Europe for that striker & CB, so will end up with a striker from Dundee and defender from Aberdeen 😀

Even if the quote is true, and I can''t imagine McNally being so loose lipped in such a public place, having a striker ''sorted'' on Monday, doesn''t mean making an announcement on the same day. Mbokani could be in Ukraine, Belgium, Monaco or somewhere else today. An announcement might still take a few days.

Also the sorted could just refer to having a bid agreed with Kiev, he''ll still need international clearance and potentially a work permit.

From looking at Soccerway''s team lineups, it seems Mbokani hasn''t been in the squad for weeks... I doubt he''s hanging around in the Ukraine if he doesn''t have to!

McNally supposedly says a new striker will be sorted today. Alex Neil says that he hopes there is a new striker before Saturday but doesn''t know if it will happen.

In the meantime Watford are set to sign another player. AN says that he is looking for players who are different or better than what we already have. Either all Watford''s signings are no better than what we have or are no different to what we have or they just find it easier to identify such players. They also don''t appear to have problems getting them to ''gel''.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]McNally supposedly says a new striker will be sorted today. Alex Neil says that he hopes there is a new striker before Saturday but doesn''t know if it will happen.

In the meantime Watford are set to sign another player. AN says that he is looking for players who are different or better than what we already have. Either all Watford''s signings are no better than what we have or are no different to what we have or they just find it easier to identify such players. They also don''t appear to have problems getting them to ''gel''.[/quote]Firstly, there is no firm evidence McNally said that. Secondly, that Watford may think these players they are signing are better than those they had in the Championship certainly doesn''t mean they are better than - or even as good as - those we had in the Championship.

Why do people keep mentioning Charlie Austin? Pretty sure the club has a business model that they will not deviate from, which is why we are only ever in for a certain level of player. We are capable of making one ''big'' signing per year while in this league of 7-8 million which we have already done, anyone else coming in now is not going to be worth more than that. The idea we would even be considering a 15mill bid for Austin, not even considering his huge wages, or the fact that he wouldnt want to come here anyway, is a joke. I wish we were in the market for this type of player, but it just isnt going to happen while the current board is in charge. Loan, inconsistent/unproven overseas import looking for a route into EPL or someone from the Championship looking to try and make the step up is our market whether we like it or not. It is not Austin or Soldado.

have missed something, or is the ''McNally says striker will be sorted Monday'' just something someone supposedly overheard in a bar?

surely we would have some serious rumours if a player was signing today.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Crafty Canary"]McNally supposedly says a new striker will be sorted today. Alex Neil says that he hopes there is a new striker before Saturday but doesn''t know if it will happen.

In the meantime Watford are set to sign another player. AN says that he is looking for players who are different or better than what we already have. Either all Watford''s signings are no better than what we have or are no different to what we have or they just find it easier to identify such players. They also don''t appear to have problems getting them to ''gel''.[/quote]Firstly, there is no firm evidence McNally said that. Secondly, that Watford may think these players they are signing are better than those they had in the Championship certainly doesn''t mean they are better than - or even as good as - those we had in the Championship. [/quote]

Quite right Purple, there is no firm evidence that McNally said this which is why I used the word supposedly in my opening sentence.

So far as Watford''s signings go they have a squad with over 150 international caps more than our squad which might, note the word might, indicate that they are as least as good as ours.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Get Nile Ranger in on loan ( no I am not being seriously) then we''d have the Loan Ranger.

[/quote]

Get Neil Adams to sort it out in his new role and he would be the Loan Arranger.

I''ll get my coat.

I fear we''re going to go for another cheap option. So we might see a couple more of these statements as McNally and the manager scramble to get a striker in on loan.

Mr McNally has asked that you all be made aware that he is a bit tied up with arranging new sponsorship deals such as the two last week. Such deal can only be pulled off while we are in The Premier League so must be completed while it looks like we have a chance of being there next season too.

He craves your indulgence but promises that as soon as he has lined up as much money as possible to go into the coffers he will get round to looking at the Striker and Central Defender situation although he wants you all to understand that sponsorship deals are far more important and the money raised with them is not to be frittered away on Premier League style wage demands.

Hopefully that will put an end to this pointless debate.

Seeing WBA announce Rondon and Shaquiri going to stoke. Getting all the more inpatient now. Really worry we won''t have enough unless we get at least a more reliable goal getter in. Hopefully the next 3 weeks we loosen the purse strings as its clear we don''t have enough as the squad stands.

Yes, I''m afraid strikers cost money, and serious amounts at that, so if we want someone then we''re going to have to stump up double figures.

[quote user="Tettey''s Jig"]Seeing WBA announce Rondon and Shaquiri going to stoke. Getting all the more inpatient now. Really worry we won''t have enough unless we get at least a more reliable goal getter in. Hopefully the next 3 weeks we loosen the purse strings as its clear we don''t have enough as the squad stands.quote]

I''ve been waiting for us to loosen the purse stings for 43 years. Considering we have been in the prem for four of the last five yearsI expected a bit more this year. Lessons don''t seem to have been learned from our last relegation and we really are leaving far to much to chance with our lack of quality signings.Problem is that teams like West Brom and Stoke will have that quality this year and can no longer be considered as games we should get something from.Hopefully we will address these issues in the next 3 weeks but I wouldn''t bank on it.

Not much of Monday left.

When McN reportedly said the striker problem would be sorted, did anyone think to ask whether its incoming(yes plse) or outgoing(yes, pretty please).

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Get Nile Ranger in on loan ( no I am not being seriously) then we''d have the Loan Ranger.

[/quote]

Get Neil Adams to sort it out in his new role and he would be the Loan Arranger.[/quote]

Go for a few drinks with Ched Evans and you could be in Loan Danger.