Sign in to follow this  
ncfc2012

McNally says striker problem will be sorted on monday

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]It is needed, but if we started with CJ he is more capable than Grabs. It''s the defense that needs the most investment.[/quote]

Agreed. Had Cam started today he would probably scored a couple of goals, on the basis he''d have snapped up the chances presented to Grabban. If that had been the case, we''d probably only be talking about strengthening the Centre half position.

So does anyone think they know who it will be, did gayle get on team bus after game ? Also Parish turned up to game today with his briefcase, is there a deal being sorted with Gayle apparently a rumour from the training ground is that his name is being highly spoken about.

[quote user="chuggs"]So does anyone think they know who it will be, did gayle get on team bus after game ? Also Parish turned up to game today with his briefcase, is there a deal being sorted with Gayle apparently a rumour from the training ground is that his name is being highly spoken about.[/quote]

I like Gayle, but he is not what we need in my opinion. Not convinced he is better than hooper, RVW or Jerome

Gayle is an interesting shout.

The No.9 shirt was left vacant when the squad numbers were announced-was, or is, the striker concerned very keen that he should have that number?

If any deal for Gayle had been agreed, Palace wouldn''t have wanted any announcement before today-now that the game is over, we have, straight away, an announcement that a new striker is joining on Monday.

Or perhaps I''m making something from nothing and it''ll be Mbokani-or, as has been claimed on WOTB by someone, its Soldado from Tottenham on a seasons loan! 

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Or perhaps I''m making something from nothing and it''ll be Mbokani-or, as has been claimed on WOTB by someone, its Soldado from Tottenham on a seasons loan! 

[/quote]
Can''t see Spurs very own Wolfswinkel coming here. My money would be on Mbokani, but Austin could be worth a shout. Gayle wouldn''t be the end of the world either.

For what it is worth I sit right beside aszy dugout, when the palace players turned up today some young lads were asking for autographs, Gayle came along i said to him you will have plenty of time to sign autographs here very soon to which he gzve a big smile. Maybe nothing in it, parish turning up with briefcase.

Soldado - DON''T talk so much rubbish, won''t be him, he cost spurs £26m so very much doubt he''s on wages we can afford, probably around £80k a week.

To compare Gayle to Cody is just madness. Remind me how many premier league goals did Cody Mcdonald get. Was it more than the 12 gayle has. And the 48 prem appearances he has. Whether he''s the answer or not I dunno but he''s better than grabban.

I mentioned earlier in the summer that Gestede would''ve been good. Think he has all the attributes to play the lone striker and has a really good record at blacknurn. But oh well we missed that boat.

I

The "striker problem" also includes the presence of RVW and Lafferty at the Club.

Perhaps the fate of this duo will be sorted asap as well. They are a drain on resources.

Only Jerome and Hooper give a hint of being able to cut it at this level.

Grabban will do as 4th. choice but, like Simeon Jackson before him, the step up will prove to be a step too far.

One in, two out.

Soldado! Seriously?
More chance of signing Nolberto Solano.
Or a Solero ice cream.
Soldado and RvW are about as good as each other anyway, the difference being nobody ripped the ball out of Soldado''s hands when he went to take a penalty.
We cannot survive with a short and lightweight player as striker.  It has to be a tough guy who can play with back to goal AS WELL AS converting the chances given.
It will not be Soldado, you guys are mental.

Sorry Broadstairs, but I''m getting fed up with this "Hooper''s the best finisher at the club" routine.

Yes, he probably is. BUT only marginally better than Jerome, & not really that much better than Grabban.

He scores some lovely goals. Real class. Then puts a lot of other chances in the stands/mishits/ doesn''t get there. I reckon he scores about 1 in 3 of decent chances he gets.

Grabban converts about 1 in 5 - & when he does score, they tend to look a bit ... messy (as opposed to Messi ...), so he never looks as impressive.

Thing is, though, Grabban gets into good positions about 3 times as often as Hooper, so his comparative conversion

rate is roughly 0.6 to Hooper''s 0.33.

Grabban over Hooper every time for me.

Gayle us a decent player - IMO better than what we have with the exception of Cam. There''s more to looking at a player''s value than his goalscoring ratio - both Holt and Jerome prior to being here prove that, surely.

If we sign Dwight Gayle on Monday then the striking problem will not be solved at all , an overpriced signing from Peterboro who never cut it at Palace .No better than what we already have , if that''s the best we can do we may as well give up now .

we need a right back and a centre back more than a striker right now, andre wisdom is a joke, nothing but back up, we need starters. The defending for the second goal today was sunday leaguei would start with jerome or hooper ahead of grabban, we have two physical strikers capable of bringing redmond, brady and the rest of the midfield into the game, without spending 15 million + we arent going to get much of an improvement on that.

How on Earth anyone can rate Grabban is beyond me. How he started today is beyond me. Here''s two golden opportunities to score... Shanked! Waste of space!