Sign in to follow this  
Thetford Yellow

Delay in replacing Simmonds will cost us

Barry Simmonds left his ‘head of football recruitment’ role (after just eight months) in March of this year. It took until the middle of July to replace him – with the hugely unimpressive Lee Darnbrough. This time lapse – when other teams pushing for promotion were honing their targets and assessing where their squads would need strengthening in the event of promotion to the PL - is without doubt a major reason why we have failed to strengthen our threadbare squad this summer. The delay in appointing a successor to Simmonds will be seen as a disaster for which our cack-handed board must be held accountable.

Someone had better let Big Vince,Newton,Highland and dibbler about this thread as Thetford might need some help.

I admire the conviction he has in the op. "Without a doubt!" While we were dilly dallying creating a loan manager job for Neil Adams, other teams were out there rounding up potential signees.

With

out

a

doubt! I rest my case.

I agree about the scouting I know for a fact we have been asking scouts of other clubs of ( lower league ) to ask their advice / recommend European targets !!!

It''s just yet another example of how McNally has screwed it up this summer.

After all the optimism after the playoff final it has all gone tits up before the end of august

I think AN just needs to sort out his own scouting network that will take time ,

once that happens and he trust the judgement then it will be fine I think the type of person he is he like things to be right and is learning about the type of players we need